Atlanta Braves vs New York Mets: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Citi Field, New York City, NY
When: Friday, September 27th at 7:10 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): Mets TV/Radio: SNY, WCBS 880 AM. Braves TV/Radio: Fox Sports South, 106.7 FM
Atlanta are preparing for the playoffs as they rest Ronald Acuna Jr. and other starters for the remainder of the season.
The Braves have clinched a spot in the playoffs and have a 13.3% shot at winning the World Series according to Baseball-Reference.
Atlanta has 4-1 odds to take the National League title and stand at 10-1 to claim the World Series.
New York Mets
The Mets’ hopes of reaching the postseason, after struggling early in the year, have been dashed as they were eliminated from the NL Wild Card Race on Wednesday.
The season is not a complete loss for New York as starting pitcher Jacob deGrom looks to be the favorite for his second straight NL Cy Young Award.
The Mets did lift their offense this season, due in main part to the emergence of rookie slugger Pete Alonso, as they scored 4.87 runs per game in 2019, up from 4.17 last season.
Game Odds: Braves vs Mets
|Sportsbook||ATL Braves||NY Mets|
|Sportsbook|| Over |
| Under |
Braves: Mike Foltynewicz (8-5, 4.46 ERA)
The Braves’ righty is on a run as the team has won his last 12 starts, while Foltynewicz has regained his form from last season’s career year.
- In Foltynewicz’s last start, the righty threw eight innings, allowing just three hits in a 6-0 shutout win over San Francisco.
- Over his last 21 innings, Foltynewicz has struck out 19 batters and walked two, while allowing just two runs.
- Foltynewicz has allowed just one homer over his last five starts and has posted a 0.69 ERA in September.
New York Mets: Marcus Stroman (9-13, 3.23 ERA)
Stroman has been up and down since being traded to the Mets in midseason, but the right-hander has settled down, posting a 3.86 ERA for New York during his time in the Big Apple.
- In his last appearance, Stroman went 4.2 innings against Cincinnati, allowing just three hits, but also walked three and allowed his pitch count to climb to 86 pitches in limited work.
- The Mets’ righty has posted a 2.89 ERA in September, surrendering just nine earned runs over his last 28 innings.
- New York has won three straight starts from Stroman in September.
The Braves offense has seen a small dip in September as the team has averaged just under five runs per contest in the season’s final month.
- 1B Freddie Freeman is 0 for 3 against the Mets’ right-hander with three walks and one strikeout.
- 2B Ozzie Albies is 3 for 6 against Stroman in his career.
- 3B Josh Donaldson is 2 for 5 versus his old Toronto teammate with one double and one homer.
New York Mets
At home, the Mets scored almost a half-run less than they did on the road in 2019.
- 1B Pete Alonso is 0 for 3 against the Braves’ righty in their only lifetime matchup.
- C Wilson Ramos is 1 for 8 with one double and one walk versus Foltynewicz.
- OF Michael Conforto is 1 for 9 against Foltynewicz with three strikeouts.
- OF Ronald Acuna Jr. is resting in preparation for the playoffs after spraining his left hip.
- 1B Freddie Freeman has a bone spur in his right elbow causing him discomfort and forcing him to miss a few games this week.
- RP A.J. Minter won’t make it back for the playoffs after his left shoulder continues to bother him.
New York Mets
- 2B Jeff McNeil has a fractured wrist due to a hit by pitch and is out for the rest of the season.
- RP Robert Gsellman is experiencing triceps tightness and will miss the remainder of the year.
- SP Jacob deGrom started on Wednesday and won’t pitch again this season for the Mets.