Boston Red Sox vs Philadelphia Phillies: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, PA
When: Saturday, September 14th at 7:05 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): Red Sox TV/Radio: NESN, WEEI, 93.7 FM. Phillies TV/Radio: Fox Sports Philadelphia, KCSP 610 AM.
Bet on Fantasy Baseball Here
Boston Red Sox
Chances of a repeat of last season’s World Series championship season are on their last legs for Boston.
Boston’s odds for the postseason have plummeted to <0.1%, while their World Series odds have also fallen to <0.1% according to baseball-reference.com.
The Red Sox have 50-1 odds to win the AL Pennant and 100-1 to win the 2019 World Series in 2019.
Philadelphia remains in the thick of the NL Wild Card race but time is running out as the Phillies are two games back of the Cubs for the final spot in the WC game.
The Phillies have a 5.7% chance to make the postseason and a 0.2% shot to take the World Series.
The Phillies are longshots to win the NL title at 100-1 and 200-1 to take the 2019 World Series.
Red Sox: Eduardo Rodriguez (17-6, 3.73 ERA)
Rodriguez has found his groove over his last five starts, allowing just four earned runs.
- Since his August 2nd start, Rodriguez has a 2.70 ERA over his last 50 innings with 46 strikeouts.
- In his last outing, Eduardo went six innings against the Yankees, surrendering one solo homer and striking out nine.
- The Red Sox’s starter has allowed just four homers in his last eight starts.
Philadelphia Phillies: Aaron Nola (12-5, 3.70 ERA)
Nola has had a rough September after dominating the competition in August.
- For the month of September, Nola has allowed nine earned runs in ten innings.
- In his last start, Nola allowed four earned runs over six innings in a 7-2 loss to Atlanta.
- Nola has struck out 54 batters in his last 49.1 innings.
Boston Red Sox
The Red Sox continue to score runs at an impressive clip, averaging 6.4 runs per game in September.
- OF Mookie Betts is 1 for 7 versus the Phillies’ right-hander with three strikeouts.
- OF J.D. Martinez is 1 for 8 against Nola with five strikeouts.
- OF Andrew Benintendi is 0 for 7 versus Nola in their two career matchups.
The Phillies’ offense is averaging just under five runs per contest as they’ve struggled to keep pace with their stellar August where they averaged 5.3 runs a game.
- SS Jean Segura is 3 for 6 with two doubles and two walks against Rodriguez.
- OF Bryce Harper is 0 for 3 versus the Red Sox’s lefty with a one strikeout.
- C J.T. Realmuto is 2 for 3 against Rodriguez in their lone matchup.
Boston Red Sox
- SP Chris Sale is out for the year after elbow inflammation kicked up in his throwing arm.
- 2B Dustin Pedroia is on the 60-day IL and could retire due to a chronic knee injury.
- 2B Michael Chavis’ sprained shoulder has most likely ended his rookie season for the Red Sox.
- SP Jake Arrieta’s surgery to remove bone spurs from his elbow has ended his 2019 season.
- RP David Robertson had Tommy John surgery in mid-August and will miss most of 2020.
- RP Juan Nicasio’s rotator cuff could cost him the rest of the season as he sits on the 10-day IL.
|Sportsbook||Over 8.5||Under 8.5|
|Sportsbook||Red Sox -1.5||Phillies +1.5|