World Series 2019 Game 4: Washington Nationals vs Houston Astros - Predictions and Odds
Nationals could win or take control of the World Series with the Game 4 start from Patrick Corbin. Final score - Nationals 6, Houston 3.
How to Watch – Nationals vs Astros Game 4
Where: Nationals Park, Washington D.C.
When: Saturday, October 26th at 8:07 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): National TV: Fox. Nationals Radio: WJFK/106.7 FM. Astros Radio: KBME 790 AM.
Hey DC … we’re comin’ home!
Btw, does anyone know if we need to check these 2 #CurlyW‘s?
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) October 24, 2019
With wins in their first two games of the series, the Nationals are on the doorstep of bringing home their franchise’s first World Series title.
Washington has an 81% chance to win the title going into Game 3 of the World Series according to FiveThirtyEight.
The Nationals are -275 to take the World Series after their opening two wins on the road in Texas.
— Yulieski Gurriel (@el_yuly10) October 25, 2019
Houston has dealt with off-the-field distractions over their first two games as Asst. GM Brandon Taubman was fired for postgame comments after winning the ALCS.
Houston has a 19% probability to win the World Series title before Game 3 according to FiveThirtyEight.
The Astros have seen their odds flip from the start of the seven-game series as they currently stand at +215 to take the World Series.
Bet on Fantasy Baseball With These Sportsbooks
New Users Only. Min. $5 Deposit. Eligibility restrictions apply. See DraftKings.com for details.
- 20K public contests per day
- Play against friends privately
- Win even if you don't finish 1st
Houston Astros: Bullpen Game
In Game 6 of the ALCS, the Astros put together a seven-pitcher bullpen game with no pitcher throwing more than three innings in the 6-4 win.
- In Game 6, Brad Peacock started the game for Houston and allowed one run over 1.2 innings before being pulled at 27 pitches with runners on base.
- Expect a repeat of Jose Urquidy getting a few innings in Game 4 as he did in Game 6 of the ALCS as he threw 2.2 innings.
- Closer Roberto Osuna did not pitch in either of the first two games of the World Series.
Washington Nationals: Patrick Corbin
After making a relief appearance in Game 1 and being ready in the bullpen for Game 2, Corbin shifted to Game 4 in the Nats’ rotation.
- Corbin has made six appearances for the Nationals in the postseason with two of those outings coming in the form of starts.
- In the postseason, Corbin has thrown 14.1 innings, allowing 11 earned runs, although six of those runs came in a relief appearance against the Dodgers on October 6th.
- Corbin did throw a scoreless inning in Game 1 of the World Series, striking out two and allowing one hit.
In limited action, several of the Astros hitters have not had success against Corbin, making their task in Game 4 even more difficult if they want to get back into this series.
- 2B Jose Altuve is 2 for 9 against Corbin with one double and three strikeouts.
- OF George Springer is 4 for 6 lifetime versus the Nats’ lefty with one homer and four RBI.
- 3B Alex Bregman is 0 for 4 against Corbin with all at-bats ending with in-play outs.
The Nationals’ offense is hitting .307 over the first two games of the World Series and slugging as a team, a whopping .547.
- 3B Anthony Rendon uncharacteristically went 1 for 8 against Houston pitchers in Games 1 and 2 in front of his hometown crowd.
- OF Victor Robles went 1 for 7 in Games 1 and 2 but scored three runs to tie for the team lead with Juan Soto in most runs scored thus far.
- OFs Adam Eaton and Juan Soto lead Washington through the first two games with four hits each. Soto has two double and one homer, while Eaton has a home run to his credit.
- The Astros will put Gerrit Cole back on the mound for Game 5 as he looks to rebound from his first loss since late-May in Game 1.
- Houston has suffered from bad luck at the plate as they’ve hit into eight hard hit outs compared to Washington’s two hard hit outs over the first two games.
- No team has won at least 107 games as Houston did in 219 and lost the Series since the 1969 Baltimore Orioles lost to the New York “Miracle” Mets.
- Expect Max Scherzer to take the hill again in Game 5 if the Astros can pull off a win in Games 3 or 4.
- Fangraphs has the probability of Nationals winning the Series after Game 2 at 65%.
- President Donald Trump said on Thursday he will attend Game 5 if the Series gets to that point by Sunday.
Nationals vs Astros Game 4 Predictions
Washington could win or take control of the World Series with the Game 4 start from Patrick Corbin. With Houston having to rely on their bullpen, I expect the Nationals will take advantage at home, defeating the Astros by the score of 6-3.
Game 4 Prediction: Final score – Nationals 6, Houston 3.
Washington Nationals vs Houston Astros – Game 4 Odds