Los Angeles Dodgers vs Chicago Cubs: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
When: Thursday, April 25th at 2:20 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): Dodgers TV/Radio: SportsNet LA, KLAC 570 AM. Cubs TV/Radio: WGN-TV/NBC Sports Chicago, WSCR 670 AM.
Los Angeles Dodgers
The Dodgers are looking for their seventh straight NL West title, and after starting with 15 wins in their first 24 games, chances are looking up for a repeat.
On the road in 2019, the Dodgers have been mediocre, hitting .246 with 17 homers through their first eleven games.
The Dodgers are 3-1 to win the NL title and 5-1 to win the 2019 World Series.
The Cubs have struggled to get going with a 10-10 start through 20 games this season.
Chicagos stars have failed to get hot as Kris Bryant is hitting just .230 and Anthony Rizzo is batting .197.
The Cubs are 15-2 to win the National League Pennant and 20-1 to win the 2019 World Series title.
Los Angeles Dodgers: Ross Stripling (1-1, 3.07 ERA)
Stripling has come through with a strong start to his 2019 as the Dodgers weathered the injuries to starters Clayton Kershaw and Rich Hill with ease.
The 29-year-old right-hander has yet to throw 100 pitches in a start this season but has posted an impressive 1.06 WHIP.
- In Striplings last start, he threw 4.2 innings, striking out eight Brewers on April 19th.
- The Dodgers starter has allowed six runs in 9.2 innings on the road this year.
- Stripling has given up four homers in his five 2019 starts, with two coming on the road.
Chicago Cubs: Jon Lester (1-0, 2.57 ERA)
Lester’s season was halted when the lefty tweaked his hamstring running the bases in his third start this season, forcing him to the 10-day IL.
In the pitcher’s first two starts of 2019, he allowed just four runs in 12 innings, throwing two quality starts.
- Opposing hitters are batting. 245 off Lester in his 14 innings this season.
- Lester has struck out 14 in 14 innings, for a 1:1 K/IP ratio early in 2019.
- The Cubs lefty still has trouble with control, walking six batters in his first three appearances.
Los Angeles Dodgers
Through 24 games, the Dodgers have scored 55 runs in 11 road games versus 81 runs in 13 home games.
Los Angeles has hit .247 against lefties this season with just ten home runs.
- 1B David Freese is 9 for 30 off Lester, making him a prime starting candidate for the game.
- 2B Enrique Hernandez is 5 of 19 versus Lester with two homers and six RBI.
- OF A.J. Pollock has had success off the Cubs lefty going 6 for 18 with a solo homer.
The Cubs have only played eight games at Wrigley out of their first twenty contests in 2019.
In those eight home games, the Cubs have hit a putrid .219 with just six home runs.
- 1B Anthony Rizzo is 1 for 9 against Stripling with one RBI.
- 2B Javier Baez is a perfect 5 for 5 with one homer off the Dodgers starter.
- 3B Kris Bryant is 2 for 5 with one RBI in his career off Stripling.
Los Angeles Dodgers
- Catcher Russell Martin is nursing a lower back issue that forced the team to put him on the 10-day IL.
- SP Rich Hill will return this weekend from a knee sprain that cost him an opening day start.
- Hyun-Jin Ryu is going to start at the end of the week returning from a groin strain.
- SP Mike Montgomery just threw a rehab start and should return to the Cubs this week.
- RP Brandon Morrow has suffered a setback in his return from elbow surgery and is shut down from throwing.
- C Victor Caratini broke the hamate bone in his hand and will be out six weeks to recover.
The odds for Dodgers vs Cubs will be updated as soon as they are made available by the sportsbooks. Until then, you can place bets on other MLB games if you are in New Jersey, here:
|Betting Site||Bonus||Rating||Bet Now|
|DraftKings||UP TO $500 FREE BET*||9.1/10|
|BetStars||UP TO $500 RISK-FREE BET||9.2/10|
* 21+ | NJ only | If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER