New York Yankees vs Texas Rangers: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Globe Life Park, Arlington, Texas
When: Sunday, September 29th at 3:05 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): Rangers TV/Radio: Fox Sports Southwest, The Fan 105.3 FM. Yankees TV/Radio: YES, WFAN 101.9FM.
New York Yankees
The Yankees are 2.5 games back of Houston after the end of games on Wednesday, leaving New York in a hole if they expect to get the top spot in the American League for home-field advantage.
The Yankees have clinched a postseason berth and have a 13.1% chance to take the World Series according to Baseball Reference.
The Yankees have 7-4 odds to win the AL title and 7-2 to win the 2019 World Series.
The Rangers are playing their last game in Globe Life Park on Sunday and moving into a new ballpark across the street next season.
Texas has been eliminated from postseason contention in 2019 and will not finish above. 500 this season.
The Rangers sit in 12th in the MLB in runs scored per game with 4.96 per contest.
Game Odds: Yankees vs Rangers
The latest odds for Yankees vs Rangers are provided by 888Sport NJ.
|Sportsbook||NY Yankees||TEX Rangers|
New York Yankees: Masahiro Tanaka (11-8, 4.47 ERA)
Tanaka has seen his strikeout rate plummet and his ERA shoot up in one of his worst seasons as a starter in the major leagues.
- In his last start, Tanaka went seven strong innings allowing just a solo homer in a 9-1 win over the Angels.
- In September, Tanaka has struck out 19 batters in 22.1 innings.
- Tanaka has allowed seven homers in his last nine games.
Rangers: Lance Lynn (15-11, 3.76 ERA)
Lynn has put together one of his best seasons of his career, striking out 236 in 201 innings this season.
- In his last start, Lynn held Oakland to two runs over 5.1 innings, while posting 12 strikeouts.
- Lynn faced the Yankees earlier this month and allowed three runs in five innings.
- Texas has lost eight of Lynn’s last nine starts.
New York Yankees
The Yankees have scored more runs on the road this season (484) than they did at Yankee Stadium this year (440).
- OF Aaron Judge is 2 for 5 versus Lynn with one homer and three RBI.
- SS Didi Gregorius is 5 for 11 with one homer and two RBI against Lynn.
- OF Brett Gardner is 2 for 8 versus the Rangers’ righty with two walks and two singles.
Texas continued to score more runs at home versus on the road as the team has scored 422 runs in 76 games at Globe Life Park this season against the 356 they plated on the road.
- 2B Rougned Odor is 3 for 17 versus Tanaka with two homers and four RBI.
- OF Shin Soo-Choo is 8 for 19 against Tanaka with two doubles and one RBI.
- SS Elvis Andrus is 7 for 17 with four RBI against the Yankees’ starter.
New York Yankees
- 3B Gio Urshela exited Wednesday’s game with a hand contusion, the x-rays were negative.
- SP Domingo German has officially been notified that he will not be on the Yankees postseason roster due to his domestic violence suspension.
- RP Dellin Betances’ season is finished after tearing his Achilles tendon.
- SP Brock Burke will sit out the remainder of the year to manage his innings.
- OF Nomar Mazara is dealing with a sore thumb and might not return for Sunday’s game.
- OF Joey Gallo has decided not to return this season after wrist surgery.