Philadelphia Phillies vs Colorado Rockies: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Coors Field, Denver, Colorado
When: Saturday, April 20th at 8:10 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): Phillies TV/Radio: Comcast SportsNet, WIP 94.1 FM. Rockies TV/Radio: Root Sports, KOA 850 AM.
The Phillies are 3-2 in their first five road games of 2019. They have scored 31 runs in those games away from Citizens Bank Park.
Against Colorado last season, Philadelphia was 2-5, scoring 23 but giving up 53 runs in their 2018 head-to-head series.
Philadelphias odds have slid to 6-1 odds to win the NL Pennant and 14-1 odds to win the 2019 World Series.
Coors Field is usually quite friendly to the Rockies as they won 47 games last season at home.
But they’ve already lost their first five games at Coors in 2019 by a combined score of 44 to 21, a -23 run differential.
The Rockies are long shots to win the NL title at 30-1 odds, with 60-1 odds to win the 2019 World Series.
Phillies: Aaron Nola (1-0, 7.45 ERA)
Nola has been blasted by opposing hitters this season, allowing a .280 average through four starts.
The Phillies starter has given up four runs or more in his last three starts with the damage coming via five homers.
- Despite Nolas early struggles, he has 19 strikeouts in 19.1 innings.
- The Phillies pitcher has given up 13 hits in 18 at-bats with runners in scoring position.
- Nola has lost his control, walking 11 batters over the 19.1 innings.
Rockies: Antonio Senzatela (1-0, 1.35 ERA)
Senzatelas first start of the season against San Diego was a gem, as the righty threw 6.2 innings allowing just a solo homer while striking out four.
The Rockies starter threw 83 pitches in his lone start while allowing six hits and one walk to the 26 batters he faced.
- Last season, Senzatela held a 4.83 ERA at Coors in 41 innings.
- He struck out 35 and gave up six homers in those ten 2018 home appearances.
- Opposing batters hit .316 off of Senzatela when he pitched at Coors in 2018.
After winning their first six games of the season in a row, the Phillies went 4-6 in their next ten.
The Phillies scored ten runs in the first inning of their 14-3 win over the Mets on Tuesday, a season-best.
- Jean Segura is 0 for 5 against Senzatela in two career games.
- No one on the Phillies active roster has a homer against Senzatela.
- Bryce Harper is 0 for 2 in limited action against the Rockies starter.
Going into the series against the Phillies, the Rockies strung together three straight wins by holding teams to just four runs while scoring 17 during the streak.
The three-game winning streak broke an eight-game losing streak that has put the Rockies at the bottom of the NL West.
- Charlie Blackmon has three doubles in seven plate appearance versus Nola.
- Ian Desmond is 0 for 8 against Nola in his career.
- All-Star 3B Nolan Arenado is 2 for 5 versus the Phillies righty with one RBI.
- RP David Robertson is on the 10-day IL with right elbow soreness. Team is hoping rest will take care of Robertson’s elbow.
- RP Tommy Hunter is rehabbing his strained flexor with no return date in sight.
- Backup OF Roman Quinn is on the 10-day IL with a strained oblique.
- 1B Daniel Murphy avoided surgery on his broken left index finger but will be out another month.
- SP Tyler Anderson has knee inflammation that is keeping him off a mound, he is on the 10-day IL.
- OF David Dahl is close to returning to game action from an oblique pull.
If you are in New Jersey, you can bet on the Phillies vs Rockies game, at 888Sport:
|Sportsbook||Philadelphia Phillies||Colorado Rockies||Link|
* 21+ | NJ only | If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER