ALDS Game 5: Tampa Bay Rays vs Houston Astros - Predictions, Picks and Odds From NJ Sportsbooks
Expect Houston to find their groove again offensively at home and put up several runs on Glasnow. Final score: Astros 7, Rays 2.
How to Watch Tampa Bay Rays vs Houston Astros
Where: Minute Maid Park, Houston, Texas.
When: Thursday, October 10th at 7:07 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): National TV: FS1. Rays TV/Radio: Fox Sports Sun, WDAE 620 AM. Astros TV/Radio: AT&T SportsNet, 850 AM.
Tampa Bay Rays
— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) October 9, 2019
After being outscored 9-3 in their first two ALDS games in Houston, the Rays have put 14 runs on the board in their two home wins to tie the series.
Tampa Bay holds a 19.6% chance to win the American League and an 11.3% shot of winning the World Series according to Fangraphs.
The Rays are +1000 to win the AL title and +2000 to win the 2019 World Series.
Our city. Our history.
— Houston Astros (@astros) October 4, 2019
Houston, the hands-on World Series favorite, has been pushed to the brink of elimination in a Game 5 after losing two straight to the Rays on the road.
The Astros have a 36.6% chance of winning the American League and 26.8% shot at taking the World Series crown according to Fangraphs.
Houston currently has +100 odds to win the American League and +190 to take the World Series.
Tampa Bay Rays: Tyler Glasnow
Glasnow was underwhelming in Game 1 of the ALDS allowing two earned runs although he put seven baserunners on in the opening game.
- Glasnow’s rough 5th inning in Houston in Game 1 led to Houston’s first four runs in the 6-2 Game 1 loss.
- The Rays’ righty hasn’t thrown more than 4.1 innings since his last start before going down with an injury on May 10th.
- Glasnow struck out five Astros hitters over 4.1 innings in his first career postseason appearance in Game 1.
Houston Astros: Gerrit Cole
Cole was superb in Game 2 of the ALDS, striking out 15 Rays batters over 7.2 innings.
- Cole’s ERA at home this season was 2.63 and he struck out 174 hitters over 113 innings at Minute Maid Park.
- The Houston right-hander put down 12 straight Rays hitters in the middle of Game 2.
- Cole allowed just five baserunners over the Game 2 appearance.
New Users Only. Min. $5 Deposit. Eligibility restrictions apply. See DraftKings.com for details.
- 20K public contests per day
- Play against friends privately
- Win even if you don't finish 1st
Tampa Bay Rays
The Rays’ bats came alive in Games 3 and 4 scoring 14 runs over the two home games, but they must score in Houston to win Game 5 where they plated three runs in the series’ first two games.
- SS Willy Adames is 5 for 10 in the ALDS with one double and one homer in his four games.
- OF Avisail Garcia is 5 for 13 for the series after getting four hits in Game 4 of the ALDS.
- OF Tommy Pham is 7 for 17 with a homer and two RBI in the series’ first four games.
The Astros offense has gone cold over the last two games, scoring just four runs in Games 3 and 4 after putting up nine runs in the series’ first two games.
- OF George Springer is 2 for 17 for the series, hitting .118 against the Rays over the first four games.
- OF Michael Brantley is 2 for 16 versus the Tampa Bay staff with one run scored.
- 1B Yuli Gurriel is 5 for 17 in the ALDS with three RBI over the first four games of the series.
Tampa Bay Rays
- SP Blake Snell could come back in relief for the Rays after throwing just eight pitches in Game 4.
- The Rays bullpen should be fully healthy with all hands on deck for Game 5, so expect manager Kevin Cash to get creative with one batter matchups.
- Rays will have to beat Gerrit Cole at home and the starter has not lost a start since May 22, a streak of 23 straight games.
- Game 3 starter Zack Greinke could give the Astros a couple of innings in Game 5 in relief.
- Justin Verlander should be out for Game 5 after throwing 84 pitches in Game 4.
- Left-handed hitting OF Kyle Tucker could be pressed into duty as the Astros look for an offensive edge against right-hander Glasnow.
Game Predictions ALDS Game 5 Rays vs Astros
Although Tyler Glasnow looked good in Houston until the 5th inning, this will be another game where the Rays have to patch together a full game from their pitching staff.
The last two games have been huge for Tampa Bay but facing Gerrit Cole on full rest in a rocking Minute Maid Park will be too much for the Rays to handle. Expect Houston to find their groove again offensively at home and put up several runs on Glasnow.
Prediction for Final Score: Astros 7, Rays 2.
Game Odds Tampa Bay Rays vs Houston Astros