NLDS Game 5: Washington Nationals vs Los Angeles Dodgers: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
Game Prediction: Dodgers 3, Nationals 2.
How to Watch
Where: Nationals Park, Washington D.C.
When: Wednesday, October 9th at 8:37 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): National TV: TBS. Nationals TV/Radio: MASN, WJFK/106.7 FM. Dodgers TV/Radio: SportsNet LA, KLAC 570 AM.
Los Angeles Dodgers
The Dodgers has made the last two World Series, but a third trip is in serious jeopardy as they host Game 5 against the Nationals.
Los Angeles are at 35% to win the National League and 14.1% to win the World Series by Fangraphs.
The Dodgers are +108 to win the NL title and +250 to win the 2019 World Series.
Washington is primed to pull off a stunning upset if they can get past the Dodgers in Game 5 of the NLDS.
The Nationals currently stand with +300 odds to win the National League and +1600 to take the World Series.
New Users Only. Min. $5 Deposit. Eligibility restrictions apply. See DraftKings.com for details.
- 20K public contests per day
- Play against friends privately
- Win even if you don't finish 1st
Los Angeles Dodgers: Walker Buehler
Buehler won Game 1 of the NLDS by throwing six shutout innings, while striking out eight Nationals hitters in a 6-0 LA victory.
- In Buehler’s five career postseason appearances, the right-hander has posted an ERA of 3.03 and struck out 29 in 23.2 innings.
- Last season, Buehler allowed three homers over 23.2 innings in his four postseason appearances.
- Buehler faced the minimum three batters in four of the six innings he threw in Game 1.
Nationals: Stephen Strasburg
Strasburg has been terrific over the length of his postseason career as he’s posted a playoff ERA of 0.64 over 28 innings.
- In Game 2, Strasburg struck out 10 Dodgers over six innings, allowing just one run in the Nats’ 4-2 win.
- Strasburg didn’t give up his first hit in Game 2 until a 5th inning single to Will Smith.
- The right-hander has never allowed a home run in the postseason.
Los Angeles Dodgers
The Dodgers have scored just seven runs in their last three NLDS games after posting six runs in Game 1.
- 3B Justin Turner is 6 for 18 off Scherzer with three runs, two homers, and five RBI.
- OF Joc Pederson is 2 for 11 in the first four games of the NLDS but does have a solo homer.
- 1B Cody Bellinger is 3 for 15 with one double and five strikeouts in the NLDS.
The Nationals have been outscored in the NLDS 19-14 by the Dodgers, although LA scored 10 runs in Game 3.
- OF Juan Soto is 3 for 14 in the NLDS with one homer and two RBI.
- 3B Anthony Rendon is 4 for 12 versus the Dodgers in the NLDS with four RBI.
- SS Trea Turner is 6 for 17 in the NLDS with three doubles and three runs scored.
Los Angeles Dodgers
- Expect Clayton Kershaw to be the first relief pitcher for Los Angeles after Buehler leaves the game.
- Dodgers manager Dave Roberts will most likely place one more lefty in the lineup with Matt Beaty starting in left field.
- Expect AJ Pollock to sit the bench against Strasburg due to his struggles in the first three games.
- Anthony Rendon has a hit in each of the last three NLDS games.
- Patrick Corbin should be available out of the bullpen, although it may just be for a batter or two.
- OF Victor Robles could be a game-time decision with a tight hamstring.
Well, the Nationals got it done in Game 4 and have pushed the best team in the National League to the brink of elimination.
Game 5 on paper looks like a pitcher’s duel and many expect that it will stick to the script. Strasburg has yet to give up a homer in his postseason career and Buehler has pitched in several big playoff games already in his short stint on the Dodgers’ staff, so the question will be who blinks first and gives up a game-turning hit.
I’m putting my money on Cody Bellinger to step up at home and give the Dodgers the win with a dynamic, MVP-like performance.
Game Prediction: Dodgers 3, Nationals 2
Game Odds Washington Nationals vs Los Angeles Dodgers
The latest odds for the NLDS game 5 between the Nationals and the Dodgers are provided by New Jersey sportsbooks.