MLS Conference Semifinals: Atlanta United FC vs Philadelphia Union - Predictions & Odds
Game Prediction: Atlanta 2, Philadelphia 1.
How to Watch
Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia
When: Thursday, October 24th at 8:00 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): TV: ESPN2, TVAS, TSN4, ESPN Deportes. Union Radio, Atlanta Radio: The Game 92.9 FM.
Atlanta United FC
Atlanta moved onto the Conference Semifinals by winning 1-0 over New England in the knockout first round.
Atlanta United FC has a 68% probability to win the Semifinals, a 30% shot at taking the Conference Finals and 11% to win the MLS Cup according to FiveThirtyEight.
Atlanta stands with +600 odds to win the MLS Championship.
Philadelphia needed extra time to push away the Red Bulls of New York by the score of 4-3 to earn their trip to the semis.
Philadelphia has a 32% chance to win the Semifinals, a 14% probability at taking the Conference Finals and 4% to win the MLS Cup according to FiveThirtyEight.
The Union stand at +1400 to win the 2019 MLS title in November.
Atlanta United FC: Brad Guzan (18-12-4, 1.26 goals allowed per game in 2019)
The Atlanta United FC keeper was terrific in the first round match against New England, stopping all six shots from the Revolution for a shutout.
- Guzan has posted shutouts in five of his seven career MLS Playoffs starts.
- In his last six matches where he’s seen six shots on goal or more, before the playoff shutout, Guzan had allowed 21 goals.
- Guzan allowed four goals in two matches this season against Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Union: Andre Blake (11-10-5, 1.58 goals allowed per game)
Blake allowed three goals in the first round match against the Red Bulls but saved three of the six total shots on the day.
- Blake has allowed eight goals in his last five road starts for the Union.
- Blake faced the Atlanta twice this season, allowing just one goal in each match to United.
- Philadelphia has allowed seven shots on goal in two of their last three road games.
Stats to Watch
Atlanta United FC
Atlanta scored 2.1 goals in the friendly confines of Mercedes-Benz Stadium while allowing just 0.8 in their home contests.
- Franco Escobar snuck a shot past the keeper for Atlanta’s only goal in the 1-0 win over New England in the first round of the MLS Playoffs.
- Josef Martinez scored 16 of his 27 goals at Mercedes-Benz Stadium this season.
- Atlanta has never lost to the Union at home, winning both matchups, although Philly defeated United 3-1 at Talen Energy back in August.
Philadelphia has scored 1.3 goals per road match against the 1.8 goals they allow away from Talen Energy Stadium.
- Alejandro Bedoya, Jack Elliott, Fabrice Picault, and Marco Fabian all scored goals in the Union’s 4-3 first round win over NY Red Bulls.
- Kacper Przybylko leads the club with seven road goals but could miss the match with a foot injury.
- The home team won five of the six first round matches in the MLS Playoffs, a troubling sign for Philadelphia’s prospects.
Last Five Games
Atlanta United FC
- Atlanta United FC has won four of their last five home games, scoring ten goals over that span.
- In their last five matches, Atlanta United FC has a plus-2 goal differential.
- Atlanta United FC is 3-1-1 in their last five matches of 2019, including their first round win over New England.
- Philadelphia is 2-3-0 (W-L-D) in their last five road matches of the season.
- Their goal differential over their last five games is minus-3.
- Philadelphia has won just two of their six matches on the season with one coming on the road and one at home.
Atlanta will enjoy playing on their home turf for the second straight playoff game as they will do just enough offensively to move onto the Conference Final and an expected date with top seeded NYCFC.
Game Prediction: Atlanta 2, Philadelphia 1
Atlanta United FC vs Philadelphia Union – Game Odds
|Sportsbook||Atlanta United FC||Tie||Philadelphia Union|