Columbus Crew SC vs Philadelphia Union: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
Bet on MLS With These NJ Sportsbooks
How to Watch Columbus Crew SC vs Philadelphia Union
Where: MAPFRE Stadium, Columbus, OH
When: Sunday, September 29th at 5:00 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): TV: MLS LIVE on ESPN+, Columbus TV/Radio: SportsTime Ohio, RadiOhio, Philadelphia TV/Radio: PHL17.
Columbus Crew SC
Through 32 games, the Crew have a record of 9-15-8 (W-L-D) with 37 goals scored and 46 goals conceded.
Columbus has been eliminated from playoff contention and stand-alone in 11th place in the Eastern Conference with 35 points.
The Crew are no longer eligible to win the MLS Championship.
The Union has a record of 16-9-7 (W-L-D) through their 32 games this year.
Philadelphia has scored 57 goals against the 46 they’ve allowed in 2019. They are in 2nd place in the Eastern Conference, six points behind NYCFC.
The Union are 14-1 favorites to win the 2019 MLS title in November.
Columbus: Eloy Room (4-1-5, 1.30 goals allowed per game)
Room held Vancouver to just one goal on three shots in last week’s 1-1 draw to the Whitecaps.
- Room has allowed just one goal in each of his last five starts for the Crew.
- Despite his terrific goalkeeping, Room has yet to post a shutout this season for Columbus.
- Room has only lost one of his ten 2019 starts for Columbus, a 1-0 defeat to East-leading NYCFC on August 21st.
Philadelphia Union: Andre Blake (10-8-5, 1.55 goals allowed per game)
Blake allowed just one goal in the Union’s 2-1 road win at San Jose on Wednesday night.
- Blake has allowed just one goal in six of his last eight appearances for Philadelphia.
- Over his last five starts, Blake has allowed six total goals.
- Blake’s last clean sheet was on July 20th as Philadelphia beat Chicago 2-0 at home.
Stats to Watch
The Crew have scored 1.2 goals per game at home this season contrasted with the 1.4 goals they are allowing.
- Gyasi Zardes scored Columbus’ lone goal in their 1-1 draw to Vancouver last weekend via the penalty kick.
- Columbus has scored eight goals in their last five home matches this season.
- Pedro Santos leads the club with seven home goals in 2019, three more than second-place Zardes.
Philadelphia has scored 1.4 goals per road match against the 1.8 goals they allow away from Talen Energy Stadium.
- Alejandro Bedoya and Kacper Przybylko scored in the 2-1 comeback win over San Jose.
- Przybylko leads the club with six road goals this season. Marco Fabian and Fafa Picault have three each for second place on the team.
- Earlier this season, Philadelphia beat the Crew 3-0 at home.
Last Five Games
- The Crew are 2-1-2 in their last five matches.
- The Crew have lost eight of their last nine games.
- Columbus have lost their last three matches with a minus-5 goal differential.
- The Union’s goal differential over the five-game span is plus-3.
- Philadelphia is 3-1-1 in their last five matches.
- Philadelphia has scored nine goals in their last five matches this season.