LAFC vs Philadelphia Union: Prediction, Odds and Roster Notes
LAFC vs Philadelphia Game Overview
|What||LAFC vs Philadelphia Union|
|Where||Banc Of California Stadium, Los Angeles, CA|
|When||Sunday, March 8th at 10:30 PM EST|
|How to Watch (TV/Radio)||FS1, TSN5, MLS LIVE on DAZN. LAFC Radio: ESPN 710 AM, Philadelphia Radio|
LAFC defeated expansion team Inter Miami at home last week by the score of 1-0.
LAFC took 12 shots, including nine on target, but only came away with the one goal.
LAFC are at the top of MLS Cup odds at +300 and have a 24% win probability by FiveThirtyEight.
Philadelphia suffered a 2-0 defeat on opening day to FC Dallas.
The Union have been shut out in four of their last eight MLS games, with all clean sheets coming on the road.
Philadelphia’s odds to win the MLS Cup stand at +400, with Five Thirty Eight giving the Union a 7% chance of winning the title.
LAFC: Kenneth Vermeer
- Vermeer posted a clean sheet in his LAFC debut, turning away seven shots on target from Miami.
- Vermeer is second in saves after week one with six as Luis Robles, who faced LAFC last weekend, leads the league with eight.
- According to Five Thirty Eight, Miami should have scored 1.4 goals on average against Vermeer, based on the locations of their shots, but were unlucky and were held scoreless.
Philadelphia: Andre Blake
- The 29-year old goalie posted a record of 11-10-5 last season with Philadelphia and allowed 1.57 goals per game.
- Blake has saved just two of 17 penalty kicks across the last three years.
- Blake saved three of the five shots that Dallas put on goal, allowing two shots to find the net last weekend.
Players & Stats to Watch
- Vela’s goal in the 44th minute against Miami was his third goal in his last two games.
- Look for an offensive bounce back this Sunday as FiveThirtyEight suggests that the team could have scored close to three goals based on their shot xG metric.
- LAFC’s one goal performance last Sunday was out of character considering they averaged over three goals per match during the 2019 season at Banc of California Stadium.
- The Union are playing their second straight game on the road to open the season. In their last six games on the road, including the last five of 2019, they’ve scored two total goals.
- Philadelphia were penalized with four yellow cards last weekend against Dallas.
- The Union forced eight corner kicks against Dallas but failed to capitalize on any of the free kick chances.
- LAFC continued their dominance on offense with 21 shots on goal against Miami.
- LAFC defeated the Union 4-1 last June in their matchup at Banc of California Stadium.
- The club has won three of their last four games, including friendlies, with the lone loss coming to Leon on the road 2-0.
- Philadelphia is facing a LAFC team that lost just one home game in 2019. Philadelphia’s odds to win have been placed at +550 by DraftKings.
- Five Thirty Eight is giving LAFC a 63% chance to win with Philadelphia set at 18% shot at victory.
- Philadelphia has lost four of their last five games, including friendlies, to start the 2020 season.
LAFC vs Philadelphia Union FAQ
How many goals did LAFC’s Carlos Vela score in 2019?
Carlos Vela scored an MLS-record 34 goals over the 2019 regular season.
How many games did LAFC win in their record-setting 2019 MLS season?
LAFC scored 72 points in 2019 due to the strength of their 21 wins over the 34-game season.
Has the Philadelphia Union ever won the MLS Cup?
Philadelphia began playing in the MLS in 2010 and in their ten seasons, has never won the MLS Cup.