MLS Eastern Conference: New York Red Bulls vs FC Cincinnati - Predictions and Odds
Sign up with DraftKings and get a FREE contest entry to play fantasy sports!
New York Red Bulls vs FC Cincinnati Bucks Quick Facts
|Where||Red Bulls Arena, New York City, NY|
|When||Sunday, March 1st at 12:30 PM EST|
|TV||ESPN+. NY Red Bulls TV|
|Web Radio||Star 64, WDJO 99.5 FM.|
New York Red Bulls
The Red Bulls hold a record of 13-13-5 (W-L-D) in their 31 matches this season.
New York has scored 51 goals against the 48 they’ve surrendered. The Red Bulls have 44 points and stand-alone in 6th place in the Eastern Conference.
The New York Red Bulls have dropped to 25-1 odds to win the MLS.
FC Cincinnati finished last in the Eastern Conference last season with a record of 6-6-22 (W-L-D). The 2019 campaign was the club’s first season in the MLS.
Cincinnati has scored just 31 goals against the 75 they surrendered last season. They posted a goal differential of minus-44, a margin twice as big as the next worst in the MLS.
FC Cincinnati are listed at +5000 to win the 2019 MLS Cup this fall.
New Users Only. Min. $5 Deposit. Eligibility restrictions apply. See DraftKings.com for details.
- 20K public contests per day
- Play against friends privately
- Win even if you don't finish 1st
New York Red Bulls: David Jensen and Ryan Meara
Jensen and Meara are in a battle to replace last season’s starter Luis Robles after the club did not pick up the keeper’s 2020 option.
- Both goalies look to better Robles’ production as the keeper went 13-14-6 last season with nine shutouts.
- Meara played just one game last year as the backup keeper for RBNY, making four saves and allowing one goal in a 3-1 win over Dallas last May.
- Jensen comes from playing in the Netherlands and Denmark as the 27-year old has over 200 professional appearances in goal in his career.
FC Cincinnati: Spencer Richey
Richey looks poised to claim the starting keeper spot for Cincinnati as he hopes to get his first full season as a MLS starter in 2020.
- In Richey’s last ten starts of 2019 for Cincy, he surrendered 33 goals. He posted a 5-12-2 record last season, while allowing 2.36 goals per game.
- Richey allowed two goals on two shots to the Red Bulls in a 2-0 loss on May 25th of last season.
- Richey trained with Crystal Palace in the offseason preparing for his 2020 starting role with Cincy.
Stats to Watch
New York Red Bulls
The Red Bulls scored 1.8 goals at home versus the 1.2 they allowed at Red Bulls Arena last season.
- New York’s offense ranked 13th in the MLS last season with 158 shots on goal.
- The club’s all-time leading goalscorer Bradley Wright-Phillips left the club after the Red Bulls declined to pick up his 2020 contract option.
- One of the Red Bulls’ biggest contributors, right-back Michael Murillo, was sold to Belgian club Anderlecht in the offseason.
Cincinnati scored 1.4 goals per road contest against the 1.9 goals they allowed away from Talen Energy Stadium in 2019.
- Cincinnati was last in the MLS in 2019 with the fewest shots on goal in the league at 121 over their 34 games.
- The club earned seven points in their first four games in 2019, but only totaled 17 points over the final 30 games of the year.
- Despite the bad record, the club averaged a healthy 27,000 fans per contest in 2019.
Betting Tidbits for Opening Day
New York Red Bulls
- New York won both of their matchups with Cincy last season by the aggregate score of 3-0.
- The Red Bulls ranked 6th last season in scoring in the Eastern Conference with 53 goals.
- New York’s 2019 season ended in the first round of the playoffs with a heartbreaking 4-3 loss to Philadelphia.
- Cincinnati had small glimmers of hope as they finished last season, holding Montreal, Chicago, and D.C. United scoreless in three September games.
- FC Cincy has already dealt with one huge loss as head coach Ron Jans resigned after an internal investigation found proof he used a racial slur. The club will have its fourth coach in the last year once a replacement is hired.
- The club also faces the loss of forward Darren Mattocks after he was charged with two counts of insurance fraud.
New York Red Bulls vs FC Cincinnati FAQ
Where will the New York Red Bulls vs FC Cincinnati match be held?
Red Bulls Arena, New York City, NY
When will the New York Red Bulls vs FC Cincinnati match be?
Sunday, March 1st at 12:30 PM EST
New York Red Bulls vs FC Cincinnati Game Odds
Bet $50 Get $50 (in cash) by using the promo code WSN50 on William Hill.
|Sportsbook||NY Red Bulls||FC Cincinnati|
|William Hill NJ||-335||+900|