Philadelphia Union vs LAFC: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Talen Energy Stadium, Philadelphia, PA.
When: Saturday, September 14th at 7:30 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): TV: ESPN+ and MLS Live on DAZN, Union TV/Radio: PHL17, LAFC TV/Radio: YouTube TV, ESPN 710 AM.
The Union has a record of 15-8-6 (W-L-D) through their first 29 games.
Philadelphia has scored 54 goals against the 42 they’ve surrendered this season. They are in 2nd place in the Eastern Conference, three points behind NYCFC.
The Union are 12-1 favorites to win the 2019 MLS title in November.
LAFC has a record of 19-4-6 (W-L-D) through their first 29 matches this year.
LAFC has scored a whopping 76 goals against the 34 they’ve allowed this year. They lead the Western Conference with 63 points and have the best goal differential in the MLS at plus-42.
LAFC own 3-2 odds to win the MLS in November.
Bet on Fantasy Soccer Here
New Users Only. Min. $5 Deposit. Eligibility restrictions apply. See DraftKings.com for details.
- 20K public contests per day
- Play against friends privately
- Win even if you don't finish 1st
Philadelphia Union: Andre Blake (10-7-4, 1.57 goals allowed per game)
Blake has been dominant over the past five games for Philly, allowing just six goals over that span as the Union has won four of those five matches.
- Blake’s last clean sheet was on July 20th against Chicago. He has just three shutouts in 21 appearances this season.
- His last two starts have been identical as Blake has allowed one goal in back-to-back 3-1 wins over Atlanta and D.C. United.
- Blake has faced just four penalty kicks all season, saving one and allowing three to find the net.
LAFC: Tyler Miller (16-2-6, 1.00 goals allowed per game)
Miller has posted three clean sheets in the last six starts for LAFC including back-to-back shutouts in mid-August against San Jose and Real Salt Lake.
- Miller has allowed five goals in his last two matches, both draws for LAFC.
- The LAFC starting keeper has faced 24 shots in his last five starts for the club.
- Miller allowed Orlando’s only two shots to find the net in LAFC’s 2-2 draw against Orlando City SC on September 7th.
Stats to Watch
Philadelphia scores a stunning 2.3 goals per contest at home and allows just 1.1 goals at Talen Energy Stadium.
- Philadelphia has scored two or more goals in 11 of their 14 home games.
- Brendan Aaronson, Kacper Przybylko and Sergio Santos all scored goals in the Union’s 3-1 victory over Atlanta.
- This is the first all-time matchup between the two clubs in Philadelphia. LAFC won 4-1 last season in Los Angeles.
LAFC are scoring machines on the road, posting 2.3 goals per contest. Away from home they are averaging just one goal allowed, one of the best marks in the MLS.
- Carlos Vela leads the MLS with 27 goals on the year. Diego Rossi is 2nd on team and 4th in the MLS with 15 goals.
- Adrien Perez and Diego Rossi scored a goal each in the 2-2 tie to Orlando last weekend.
- LAFC has scored three or more goals six times this season on the road.
Last Five Games
- Philadelphia is 4-1-0 in their last five matches.
- Their goal differential over the five-game span is plus-7.
- Philadelphia has scored seven goals in their last three home games.
- LAFC has not won a game since August 21st, drawing two contests and losing the third.
- The LAFC have scored 11 goals in their last five games.
- LAFC are 2-1-2 in their last five matches.
Game Odds – Philadelphia Union vs LAFC
|Fox Bet NJ||+150||+280||+155|
|Sportsbook||Over 3.5||Under 3.5|
|Fox bet NJ||+100||-120|