MLS Cup Playoffs 2019: Philadelphia Union vs New York Red Bulls - Predictions and Odds
Prediction: Final score - Philadelphia 2, New York 1.
How to Watch Philadelphia Union vs New York Red Bulls
Where: Talen Energy Stadium, Philadelphia, PA
When: Sunday, October 20th at 3:00 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): TV: FS1, NY Red Bulls TV/Radio: MSG, www.newyorkredbulls.com/matchday/radio. Union TV/Radio: PHL17.
The Union finished 2019 with a record of 16-11-7 (W-L-D), posting 55 points on the season.
Philadelphia scored 58 goals against the 50 they’ve surrendered this season. They ended the year in 3rd place in the Eastern Conference, nine points behind the East-leading NYCFC.
The Union stand at +1600 to win the 2019 MLS title in November.
New York Red Bulls
The Red Bulls finished the year with a record of 14-14-6 (W-L-D), posting 48 points on the season.
New York has scored 53 goals against the 51 they’ve surrendered. The Red Bulls ended the year in 6th place in the Eastern Conference.
The New York Red Bulls are +1800 to win the MLS crown in early November.
For more on the MLS Cup, check out: “Who Will Win the 2019 MLS Cup?”
Philadelphia Union: Andre Blake (11-10-5, 1.58 goals allowed per game)
Blake allowed eight goals to finish the season as Philadelphia won just one game over their last five matches.
- Blake has allowed eight goals in his last five home starts for Philadelphia.
- Blake faced the Red Bulls once this season, allowing two goals in a 2-0 road loss to New York.
- In two of the last four games, Philadelphia allowed seven shots on goal with both games ending in 2-0 losses for the Union.
New York Red Bulls: Luis Robles (13-14-6, 1.52 goals allowed per game)
Robles allowed just three goals in his last four starts, with all three goals coming in the final game of the season, snapping a three-game shutout streak.
- In his last five road matches, Robles has allowed ten goals.
- Robles shut out the Union at home on Sept. 22nd by a score of 2-0.
- Robles has faced six or more shots in five of his last nine starts for the Red Bulls.
Bet on Fantasy Soccer With These Sportsbooks
Stats to Watch Philadelphia Union vs NY Red Bulls
Philadelphia has scored 2.1 goals per home match against the 1.1 goals they allow at Talen Energy Stadium.
- Philadelphia dropped to third place in the East with two straight losses in the last week of the season.
- Kacper Przybylko led the club with 15 total goals with eight of them coming on his home pitch.
- FiveThirtyEight is giving the Union a 70% probability to win the First Round match.
New York Red Bulls
The Red Bulls are scoring 1.4 goals on the road versus the 1.9 they are allowing away from Red Bulls Arena.
- New York finished their season going scoreless in two straight games to drop the team to 6th place to end the year.
- Brian White leads the club with six road goals, Daniel Royer leads the club in total goals with 11.
- White came back from an injury and played 62 minutes in the final game of the season, giving the club a huge offensive boost heading into the playoffs.
Last Five Games
- Philadelphia is 1-3-1 (W-L-D) in their last five matches.
- Their goal differential over the five-game span is minus-4.
- Philadelphia has scored four goals in their last five games.
New York Red Bulls
- New York is 2-2-1 in their last five games of the season.
- The club has scored six goals in their last five matches but went scoreless over the last two games.
- The Red Bulls have won one game out of their last four road matches.
Game Prediction Philadelphia Union vs New York Red Bulls
Philadelphia struggled at the end of the season but returning home and getting two weeks to get their game plan in order should give the club enough time to find a way to handle the weak Red Bulls road offense.
Prediction: Final score – Philadelphia 2, New York 1.
Philadelphia Union vs New York Red Bulls – Game Odds
|Sportsbook||PHI Union||Tie||NY Red Bulls|