Philadelphia Union vs NYCFC: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Talen Energy Stadium, Philadelphia, PA.
When: Sunday, October 6th at 4:00 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): TV: ESPN+ and MLS Live on DAZN, Union TV/Radio: PHL17, https://www.philadelphiaunion.com/fans/philadelphia-union-radio, NYCFC TV/Radio: YES, WNYE 91.5 FM.
The Union has a record of 16-10-7 (W-L-D) through 33 games.
Philadelphia has scored 57 goals against the 48 they’ve allowed on the year. They are in 2nd place with Atlanta in the Eastern Conference with 55 points, six behind NYCFC.
The Union are 12-1 favorites to win the 2019 MLS title in November.
New York City FC
New York City FC has a record of 17-6-10 (W-L-D) through 33 games.
NYCFC has scored 61 goals against the 41 they’ve surrendered. The club has 61 points and has a six-point lead on second place clubs Philadelphia and Atlanta for top spot in the East.
New York City FC have the second-highest odds to win the MLS title at 4-1, behind the 3-2 LAFC.
Philadelphia Union: Andre Blake (11-9-5, 1.56 goals allowed per game)
Blake hit a rough patch as Philadelphia won just one of their last three matches, all on the road.
- Blake was on national team duty the last time Philly played NYCFC earlier in the year.
- In his last three home starts, Blake has allowed just three goals, saving three shots in each match.
- Blake allowed five goals on 16 shots over his last three starts, making 11 saves.
New York City FC: Sean Johnson (13-5-10, 1.25 goals allowed per game)
Johnson’s unbeaten streak ended at eight matches as the keeper allowed two goals in NYCFC’s 2-0 loss to New England last Sunday.
- Johnson saved just one of three shots in the loss to New England. The three shots were the lowest number of chances Johnson’s faced in his last five starts.
- The NYCFC keeper has allowed just five goals in his last five road starts.
- Johnson has made 18 saves over his last five matches for NYCFC.
Stats to Watch
Philadelphia scores 2.2 goals per contest at home and allows just 1.1 goals when playing at Talen Energy Stadium.
- Philadelphia has scored two or more goals in six of their last seven home games.
- Kacper Przybylko leads the Union with eight home goals on the season. He leads the club with 15 total goals in 2019.
- Philadelphia was shut out for the second time in their last three matches with the 2-0 loss to Columbus last Sunday.
NYCFC has scored 1.7 goals on the road in 2019 against the 1.6 they’ve allowed away from Yankee Stadium.
- Heber leads the club with nine away goals on the year. The forward leads the team with 15 total goals.
- NYCFC was held scoreless for the first time in a match since the 0-0 draw to Montreal on April 6th.
- Maxi Moralez will win the race for most assists as he has a four-assist lead heading into the final match of the MLS season with 20.
Last Five Games
- Philadelphia is 2-2-1 in their last five matches.
- Their goal differential over their last five home games is plus-7.
- Philadelphia has scored 11 goals in their last five home games.
New York City FC
- NYCFC is 2-1-2 in their last five matches of the season.
- New York beat Philadelphia 4-2 at home on June 29th.
- NYCFC has scored nine goals in their last five road contests, but only one goal in their last two road games.
Game Odds Philadelphia Union vs NYCFC
|Sportsbook||Over 3.5||Under 3.5|