MLS Conference Semifinals: Seattle Sounders FC vs Real Salt Lake - Predictions & Odds
Expect Real Salt Lake to fold under the constant pressure by Seattle and for the Sounders to walk away with an easy win. Final score: Seattle 3, Real Salt Lake 1.
How to Watch Seattle Sounders FC vs Real Salt Lake
Where: Century Bank Field, Seattle, Washington
When: Wednesday, October 23rd at 10:00 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): TV: FS1, TVAS, TSN 1/4, Fox Deportes. Seattle TV/Radio: JOEtv, ESPN 710 AM, Salt Lake TV/Radio: KMYU, ESPN 700 AM.
Seattle Sounders FC
“We’re the Seattle freakin’ Sounders. And we’re going to continue to play the way we always do. We don’t quit. We don’t give up… We are going to fight every game.”
-Coach Schmetzer, August 2019 pic.twitter.com/R7YoloZje6
— Seattle Sounders FC (@SoundersFC) October 22, 2019
The Sounders defeated FC Dallas in extra time on Saturday by the score of 4-3.
FiveThirtyEight is giving the Sounders a 70% probability of defeating Real Salt Lake, a 16% chance of making the MLS Cup and a 6% shot at winning the title.
Seattle’s odds have dropped to +900 to win the MLS Championship crown in November.
Real Salt Lake
Round 1 ✅
Round 2 💬 pic.twitter.com/JggCItNgR7
— Real Salt Lake (@realsaltlake) October 20, 2019
Real Salt Lake made the conference semifinals by beating Portland at home by a score of 2-1.
FiveThirtyEight is giving Real Salt Lake a 30% probability of defeating Seattle, a 7% shot of making the MLS Cup and a 2% probability at winning the title.
Real Salt Lake are +1800 to take the MLS Championship in November.
Seattle: Stefan Frei (16-10-8, 1.44 goals allowed per game in the regular season)
Frei allowed three goals and made five saves in the Sounders’ 4-3 first-round win over FC Dallas.
- Frei had allowed two goals in his previous three starts before surrendering three to FC Dallas in a wild shootout.
- The Seattle keeper has allowed eight shots to find the net over his last five home starts, including the playoff contest versus Dallas.
- Frei was in net for the 3-0 loss to Real Salt Lake in August as he saved just one of four shots that evening.
Real Salt Lake: Nick Rimando (14-11-4, 1.21 goals allowed per game in the regular season)
Rimando allowed one goal and made three saves in Real Salt Lake’s 2-1 win over Portland in the first round last weekend.
- Rimando has surrendered five goals in his last five home starts of 2019.
- Salt Lake’s keeper has allowed just one goal in his two matches to Seattle this season.
- Rimando has won three straight starts, including the playoff match, by a combined score of 5-2.
Stats to Watch for Sounders vs Salt Lake
The Sounders are scoring 2.1 goals per match at CenturyLink Field while allowing 1.3 goals per home game.
- Jordan Morris’ hat trick saved the Sounders’ season as they defeated FC Dallas 4-3 in the first round of the MLS Playoffs.
- Nico Lodeiro scored the only goal in Seattle’s 1-0 home win over Real Salt Lake in March.
- Morris led the team in the regular season with seven home goals on the pitch at CenturyLink.
Real Salt Lake
Real Salt Lake is scoring 0.9 goals per road contest versus the 1.5 they’re allowing away from Utah.
- Damir Kreilach and Jefferson Savarino scored the two goals in the 2-1 First Round win over Portland.
- Sam Johnson, Corey Baird, and Albert Rusnak scored three goals when Salt Lake defeated Seattle 3-0 at home on August 14th.
- Rusnák leads Salt Lake with six road goals and leads the team with ten total goals.
Last Five Games
- The Sounders are 3-1-1 (W-L-D) in their last five matches.
- The three goals allowed to FC Dallas was the most given up by the Sounders at home since LA Galaxy scored three on Sept. 1st.
- Seattle is unbeaten at home in their last six matches including the playoff match.
Real Salt Lake
- Real Salt Lake has a record of 2-2-1 in their last five road games.
- In their last five road matches, Real Salt Lake has scored just four total goals.
- In their last five road games, Real Salt Lake has a minus-one goal differential.
Seattle Sounders FC vs Real Salt Lake – Game Predictions
After receiving a first-round scare by upstart FC Dallas, Seattle should settle down in the conference semifinal against Real Salt Lake. Although the club from Utah beat Seattle 3-0 earlier in the season, that win came away from CenturyLink Field, where the Sounders are quite solid.
Expect Real Salt Lake to fold under the constant pressure by Seattle and for the Sounders to walk away with an easy win and a date with the winner of the LAFC/LA Galaxy clash.
Prediction: Final score – Seattle 3, Real Salt Lake 1.
Seattle Sounders FC vs Real Salt Lake – Game Odds
|Sportsbook||SEA Sounders||Tie||Real Salt Lake|