Toronto FC vs NYCFC: Prediction, Odds and Roster Notes
Sign up with DraftKings and get a FREE contest entry to play Fantasy Soccer!
Toronto FC vs NYCFC Game Overview
|What||Toronto FC vs NYCFC|
|Where||BMO Field, Toronto, Canada.|
|When||Saturday, March 7th at 5:00 PM EST|
|How to Watch (TV/Radio)||Watch on ESPN+ here!|
Toronto FC opened their season with a 2-2 draw to San Jose last weekend.
Last season, Toronto finished the year in 4th place in the East, but made a run in the playoffs, upsetting NYCFC on their way to a conference championship.
Currently, Toronto FC stands at +1600 to win the MLS title.
In 2019, NYCFC ended the year as the top seed in the Eastern Conference but were upset by Toronto at home in the semifinals.
NYCFC were a surprising week one loser as the club dropped their opening game to Columbus.
The NYCFC has +700 odds to win the MLS Cup in November.
Toronto FC: Quentin Westberg
- Westberg allowed two to find the net on five shots on goal in a 2-2 tie against San Jose last weekend.
- The Toronto keeper did allow an extra-time goal on a spectacular free-kick to Oswaldo Alanis to force the draw.
- The 33-year old made three saves on the five San Jose shots on goal in the opener.
NYCFC: Sean Johnson
- Johnson faced six shots against Columbus, saving five and allowing one to find the net.
- Last season, Johnson allowed four goals on nine shots at Toronto on March 29th.
- NYCFC went a man down in the 3rd minute due to a red card, causing Johnson to see the most number of shots on goal since he saw seven on Sept. 14th.
Players & Stats to Watch
- Alejandro Pozuelo scored the first goal against San Jose in the 40th minute with a penalty kick.
- Richie Laryea scored the second goal for Toronto in the 51st minute to give the club a 2-0 lead.
- Pozuelo led the team with twelve goals last season and tacked on two more in the playoffs.
- NYCFC was held scoreless on the road for the first time since their 2-0 loss at New England on Sept 29th.
- The club scored six goals in their two-leg Concacaf Champions League match to San Carlos at the end of February.
- Last season, NYCFC lost to Toronto 4-0 on the road, then tied them 1-1 at Yankee Stadium.
- FiveThirtyEight is giving Toronto a 53% probability to win the match. NYCFC’s probability rests at 24%.
- All-time, Toronto has won two of the five matches scoring 11 goals, with NYCFC winning two other matches and scoring just six goals.
- Toronto FC is favored at -117 with NYCFC at +300 to win the match. A draw is set at +265 for Saturday’s Eastern Conference clash.
- NYCFC has scored eight goals in their five matches, including friendlies, this season.
- New York scored five goals in their road match against San Carlos on Feb. 20th.
- NYCFC only mustered three shots on goal with ten men last weekend.
New Users Only. Min. $5 Deposit. Eligibility restrictions apply. See DraftKings.com for details.
- 20K public contests per day
- Play against friends privately
- Win even if you don't finish 1st
Toronto FC vs NYCFC FAQ
What place did NYCFC finish in the 2019 MLS regular season?
NYCFC finished first in the Eastern Conference last season with 64 points and a goal differential of plus-21 on the year.
How many MLS Cups has Toronto won in their franchise history?
Toronto FC won their lone MLS Cup in 2017. They have played in the MLS final three times with appearances in 2016, 2017, and 2019.
What is the farthest that NYCFC has gone in the Eastern Conference Playoffs?
NYCFC has lost the last three years in the conference semifinals of their five years of existence in the MLS.