BetMGM Betting Site and Mobile App Review
- Impressive range of bets
- The boosted parlays feature is a great way to find value
- Amazing graphics and usability of the app
- Automatic access to the BetMGM casino and poker sites
- The layout on the website could be better
- No live betting option
- Few exciting bonuses for the sportsbook
- No live chat costumer service feature
If you want to sign up to BetMGM but need more information before you make a decision, you’re in the right place.
The bottom line is BetMGM is a great choice for sports bettors in New Jersey, Indiana, Colorado, West Virginia, and Nevada.
Our experts have conducted a thorough review of the entire sportsbook and this guide will tell you exactly what they liked about it, as well as the things they thought could be improved.
BetMGM has both a website and fully functional app, both of which our experts spent time using to really understand what customers can expect.
We go over everything in detail including if BetMGM is a good sportsbook, the kinds of bets you can make and the sports you can bet on, the app and software plus the kinds of bonuses and promotions on offer.
We even include a guide to signing up and detailed information about how to deposit and withdraw money.
This review will tell you everything you need to know to make an informed decision about whether BetMGM is the right legal New Jersey online sportsbook for you.
BetMGM at a Glance
|BetMGM bonus promo code||None|
|Welcome bonus||$500 risk-free bet (NJ, WV, IN, CO)|
|Available states||NJ, WV, NV, IN, CO|
Sports betting, both online and offline, was legalized in New Jersey in June 2018, not long after the Supreme Court repealed the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act. PASPA had acted as a federal ban on sports betting since 1992.
Once legal, the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City wasted no time in opening a sportsbook. The Borgata is owned by MGM and the company developed a dedicated online sportsbook to go along with the physical one in the casino.
Borgata also now has its own sportsbook active in NJ. Check out the Borgata Sportsbook to see their deals and promotional offers.
Here are a few of the most important things you should know about BetMGM:
- BetMGM has a full range of betting available, as well as an impressive variety of sports.
- Signing up at BetMGM through WSN.com’s links will guarantee you the best possible bonuses and promotions.
- In order to bet on BetMGM, you must be physically located in New Jersey.
- The sportsbook is fully legal – its license is provided by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- BetMGM comes with a platform already fully formed from MGM’s existing sports betting app from Nevada.
BetMGM is a really valuable addition to the New Jersey sports betting scene. Our experts found that the sportsbook scored highly in virtually all of our sections, with no major weaknesses in the user experience.
Read on for an in-depth discussion about every aspect of BetMGM.
Software and Mobile Sports Betting App
BetMGM has both a dedicated website and an app. Our experts were happy with both, but were particularly impressed with the app. The website hosts the BetMGM casino, online poker and sportsbook all together, so when you sign up for one you gain access to all.
Although the home page of the sportsbook is a little cluttered, it is easy to navigate around once you get the hang of it. There is a list of sports at the top of the screen, which you can click through to find a wide variety of bets associated with that sport.
Browsing the different bets and sports is really easy.
On the right hand side, you have a “Betslip” feature, where you can test out different bets before you place them. Beside this is a menu called “My Bets” which lets you easily keep track of all your in-progress bets. Both of these are neat and tidy additions to the sportsbook.
The functionality is even better on the app. Because space is more limited, BetMGM does not include unnecessary information. In the opinion of our experts, the app is smoother to use than the website. The graphics on the app give it a really slick finish.
The BetMGM app can be downloaded for iOS and Android from app stores or directly from the BetMGM website.
Software and App Highlights
- It’s easy to navigate between sports, leagues and bets.
- The intelligent Betslip and My Bets features are really convenient.
- The homepage includes a section for “Boosted Parlays” which helps users find special offers and high value bets.
- The mobile app is slick and easy to use.
- Players get automatic access to BetMGM casino and poker when the sign up for the sportsbook.
Things to Improve
- The home screen of the website has a lot going on, with collapsible menus which automatically open when you land on the page. Our experts would have preferred a more streamlined homepage to navigate from.
- We found that the order that bets were presented for some sports could be a little confusing. We’d like more simplicity and consistency in the way leagues and bets are organized, especially outside of the biggest sports.
- Having more betting subheadings would mean less scrolling and searching for specific bets.
- The Help and Contact Us sections could be featured more prominently.
Bonuses and Deals at BetMGM
Since the sportsbook has close ties to the casino business, it’s no surprise that BetMGM has incorporated lots of bonuses and promotions into its online sportsbook.
As an added incentive, when you sign up for the sportsbook you also get bonuses than can be used at the casino. Although you will have to download a separate app if you want to use the BetMGM casino, you can use the same account for both.
While it is a nice extra to get bonuses for use at the casino, we would like to see more bonuses dedicated to the sportsbook. As the moment, the welcome bonus is the only one specifically aimed at users of the sportsbook and is considerably lower from the one offered by other legal standard and fantasy sports bookmakers, such as DraftKings.
Bonuses tend to change over time, but we have included an idea of the kind of offers you can expect.
BetMGM will give you cashback on your first sports bet, up to $100. Only new members are eligible for this bonus and it must be claimed within seven days of signing up.
Once you create an account and make your first deposit, place any real money sports bet between $25 and $100. If your bet loses, you will be refunded the full value of the bet in cash.
Remember, it must be your first bet and the outcome of the bet must be determined within seven days after you make your account. There are no other conditions. If you lose your first bet within seven days, you will get up to $100 back.
$25 Free Play Bonus
This bonus is to encourage using both the sportsbook and the casino. If you create an account with BetMGM, you will be given a free $25 no-deposit bet. However, it can only be used in the casino, and there are some other conditions.
Before you can cash out the $25 or your winnings from it, you need to earn a certain number of iREWARDS points, which are earned through repeated gaming in the casino.
If you do earn enough points to release your winnings, you will be free to use the money in the sportsbook.
BetMGM has a range other bonuses, but at the moment they are all focused on the casino, and often cash from the bonuses can not be transferred without wagering it a certain number of times.
Creating a few more bonuses for the sportsbook, or even making iREWARDS points apply to both sports bets and other gaming, would definitely be a nice touch.
To see what promotions other NJ sportsbooks are offering check out our full NJ bonus guide.
Kinds of Bets and Odds
The range of bets available is an important consideration when reviewing a sportsbook, and our experts were happy to report that BetMGM has a very extensive variety of wagers for customers.
Here are some things that jumped out at our reviewers:
- BetMGM features all the most popular bets including moneylines, point spreads and totals bets. Even better, they’re available for all sports.
- Futures, parlays, props and exotics are all available for most sports.
- Our experts were impressed with the depth of prop bets available on the most popular sports.
- We found that the odds and betting lines were comparable with the other top sportsbooks in New Jersey.
- BetMGM does not currently have a live betting option.
- We love the Boosted Parlays section.
Let’s take a closer look at some of our experts’ observations:
Generally, the majority of the bets placed are the same few kinds – moneylines, point spreads, totals or maybe futures.
BetMGM has all of these covered, and they are displayed prominently for each sport. Other bets are generally easy to navigate to, but the basics are front and centre.
If you’re looking for the most popular and common kinds of bets, BetMGM has it covered in basically any sport.
BetMGM does not currently offer live, in-play betting. Live betting is not for everyone, but if this is certainly something to consider if you are thinking about joining BetMGM and are interested in live betting.
Other online sportsbooks available in New Jersey do offer live betting, so this is something we would like to see BetMGM introduce soon.
Our experts loved the range of prop bets available.
While some bettors prefer to focus on the basics, we love having the option of placing more creative bets with longer odds. Most of the big games have a deep section of interesting props based around things like player statistics or the timing of points scored.
This was another one of our favorite features. On the homepage you’ll find a section called Boosted Parlays which are parlays that have been given enhanced odds. The Boosted Parlays are available in a variety of sports and can offer great value.
Other Betting Options
Overall, our experts were happy with the range of betting options. BetMGM certainly has enough on offer for users to try loads of different kinds of betting, and really get into different strategies.
BetMGM also includes a section for bets on non-sports related entertainment, such as the next Oscar winning films. This is another fun little extra.
Sports You Can Bet on at BetMGM
The range of sports available to bet on is pretty comprehensive.
All the most popular sports, like NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL are covered, as well as a variety of other sports from around the world.
College sports are included (provided the team is not from New Jersey), and so are minor league games. Whatever sport you want to bet on, chances are BetMGM has you covered.
Although you can expect markets to open and close depending on the season, here is a full list of sports available to bet on with BetMGM:
- NFL Football
- NCAA Football
- NBA Basketball
- NCAA Basketball
- NHL Hockey
- NCAA Hockey
- MLB Baseball
- NCAA Baseball
- Australian Rules
- Formula 1
- Soccer (MLS, Premier League, Champions League, La Liga, International Competitions and more)
- Non-sports Entertainment
Options for Deposits and Withdrawals
As BetMGM is fully licenced and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, the transactions you make are protected and secure.
Our experts were happy that BetMGM has a fairly comprehensive range of methods available for depositing and withdrawing funds. In our tests we all the options proved to be quick, convenient and secure.
Chances are your preferred method of transaction will be available with BetMGM but if you’re options are limited, check out the list below to make sure the site has something that works for you.
- ACH Payments Bank Transfer
- Deposit using cash at the MGM Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa
- PayNearMe – deposit using cash at 7-Eleven convenience stores
- ACH Payments Bank Transfer
- Physical check through the mail
- Withdraw in cash at MGM Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa
Banking Methods Comparison
The most popular methods for transaction methods are all accepted by BetMGM. In all likelihood, one of the methods available will suit you if you choose to create an account with BetMGM.
The following table helps to compare the different options:
|Method||Deposit||Withdrawal||Processing Time||BetMGM Minimum Deposit||Max Deposit||Fees|
|ACH Payments Bank Transfers||Yes||Yes||Instant for deposits Up to 10 business days for withdrawals||$10||Can be set by user||No|
|Neteller||Yes||Yes||Instant for deposits Up to 10 business days for withdrawals||$10||Can be set by user||No|
|Cash at Casino||Yes||Yes||Instant||$10||n/a||No|
|Visa||Yes||No||Immediate for deposits||$10||Can be set by user||No|
|Mastercard||Yes||No||Immediate for deposits||$10||Can be set by user||No|
|Check via mail||No||Yes||Up to 2 weeks||n/a||n/a||No|
|PayNearMe||Yes||No||Immediate for deposits||$10||$500 every 24 hours||Yes|
Signup and Registration
We found that signing up for BetMGM sports was a really straightforward process. You can either sign up on the website, or directly on the app. You can find the app by visiting the BetMGM website, or search for it in the app store.
If you have played online poker or online casino games with BetMGM before you can simply sign into the app with your existing details. If you need to set up an account, you can choose “Create Account” and follow these simple steps:
- Signing up is a four step process. The first screen covers your personal details. You need to put in your name, email address and date of birth. Remember, you must be at least 21 years old to bet using BetMGM sports. When you are ready, click “Continue”.
- On the next screen you need to choose a username and password. Make sure they are different from each other, and from your real name. You also need to provide your mobile number and the last four digits of your SSN. When you are ready, click “Continue”.
- On the next screen you need to give your address. In order to bet legally on BetMGM sports you have to be physically in New Jersey, so you need to provide an address in the state. When you have put in your address, click “Continue”.
- Most importantly, on this screen you have the option to put in a bonus code. Bonuses and codes often change, so make sure that you are getting the best deal when you are setting up your account. Use the link on this page to get the latest bonus. Once you have put in the code, click “Create My Account”, and you are finished.
BetMGM Security and Gaming License
When sports betting was legalized in New Jersey in June 2018, the task of licensing and regulating the sportsbooks was given to the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
Many sports bettors in the US may have been using unregulated offshore accounts to bet in the years before the repeal of PASPA. We can safely say that those days of risk are over. Legal sports betting means a whole new level of security, and sophisticated protection of data.
Our experts are happy to report that all of users’ personal information and transactions are fully protected on BetMGM. Concerns about security no longer have to be a factor in choosing an online sportsbook.
The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement holds all the sportsbooks it licenses to the highest standards of security, and BetMGM is no different. We are completely happy to recommend signing up and depositing with them.
Customer support is important for an online sportsbook. Questions and issues are can arise, especially for first-time users, and responsive customer support can make all the difference.
Our experts found that BetMGM has an effective customer support section. There is a detailed FAQ section dedicated to the sportsbook, and in the opinion of our experts the vast majority of common questions are addressed there.
If you can’t find an answer in the FAQ section, you have the option of contacting the sportsbook directly either via email or phone. Both services are available 24/7.
Our only criticism of the customer support is the lack of a live chat option, which would make the user experience even more convenient.
Things BetMGM Is Doing Right
BetMGM comes with a great reputation earned by its Nevada online betting site and our experts were not surprised to find lots of things to like about the New Jersey version too.
It was our team’s consensus that BetMGM ranks alongside the best sportsbooks currently available in the Garden State.
After extensive testing, these highlights stood out::
- The range of bets is very impressive. We can confidently say that there will be something for everyone on BetMGM. We particularly liked the suggested parlays for the top sports, and the number of interesting props available on big games.
- We were impressed with the lines and odds, and think there is some great value to be found on the sportsbook. The boosted parlays feature, which picks a couple of parlay bets to receive enhanced odds, is a great way to find value.
- We were impressed with the graphics and usability of the app. It can be tricky to make a sportsbook attractive on a mobile device, but BetMGM does it well.
- We like how you get automatic access to the BetMGM casino and poker sites when you sign up, and can transfer money between the three.
Things BetMGM Could Work On
It is always possible to improve, and even though there is a lot to like about BetMGM, our experts did come up with a few things the sportsbook could improve on:
- The layout of the bets on the website could be better. The homepage is a little confusing, and we would have liked the different betting markets to be more organized. Overall, we preferred the mobile app to the website, which is a little slicker.
- BetMGM does not currently have a live betting option, which is disappointing because the range of bets in general is so wide. Not all bettors need live betting, but it would be nice to have the option.
- BetMGM has lots of great bonuses for its casino, but comparatively few for the sportsbook. The welcome bonus is pretty standard, and at the moment it is the only bonus specifically dedicated to the sports betting. It is clear that BetMGM wants to encourage users to use all its services. However, we would like to see the variety of bonuses on offer for the casino to be matched on the sportsbook.
- The customer support provided by BetMGM is good, but to make it really top class we would like to see the addition of a live chat feature.
BetMGM Company History
BetMGM is owned by MGM Resorts International. The company was set up in the 60’s and built up a reputation as one of the gambling heavyweights in Las Vegas.
Some of the most recognizable casinos in the world are owned by MGM, including the MGM Grand and the Bellagio. MGM venues can be found in many gambling-friendly cities across the US, and in overseas gambling hubs like Macau.
MGM venues have operated sportsbooks in Las Vegas for years.
MGM first developed an interest in creating an online sportsbook in the mid 2000’s, when the company was developing interests in the United Kingdom. Although it received a sports betting license, MGM scaled back its interests in the UK market after a number of years.
It wasn’t until 2017 that MGM finally developed the online side of its sportsbook, when the company launched a website and mobile sports betting app in Nevada.
In the wake of PASPA being repealed, MGM looked to expand in the growing sports betting market. Not long after New Jersey legalized sports betting in June 2018, the MGM-owned Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa unveiled its sportsbook, along with its website and dedicated mobile app, BetMGM.
Start Betting at BetMGM Now
BetMGM is doing a lot of things right. In an increasingly crowded New Jersey sports betting market, our experts saw enough to really make it stand out from the crowd as one of the best.
All of the popular bets are covered in a variety of sports. Furthermore, if you love prop bets, parlays and other interesting forms of betting then BetMGM could be a great fit. Our experts would have been happy browsing the range of props for days.
There is also a wide range of different sports available to bet on, and we found the odds and betting lines to be really competitive compared to other legal New Jersey online betting sites.
We recommend using the app if that’s an option for you. It’s super slick and easy to use. The close connection to the MGM online poker and casino is likely to really appeal to some bettors. Being able to transfer money between the three is a nice bonus.
In terms of improvements, our main suggestions would be the addition of in-play betting, and improved bonuses. Combining live betting with the range of props available would make for a seriously fun in-play experience.
BetMGM focuses its bonus offers on the casino, and we would love to see more bonuses for the sportsbook to really draw users in.
Although the app is cutting-edge, the website could do with a clean-up in some areas.
Overall though, our experts had a great time with BetMGM and our scores reflect this. If you decide to sign up, make sure you check out our links to get the best bonus available.
Is BetMGM legal to bet with?
Yes. We are happy to report that BetMGM is completely legal, fully licensed, and regulated in New Jersey, Indiana, West Virginia, Colorado, and Nevada.
Can you bet on mobile with BetMGM?
Yes. Our experts actually preferred the mobile app to the website. It can be downloaded on iOS and Android devices from app stores and the BetMGM website.
What states is BetMGM legal in?
BetMGM is currently available in New Jersey, Nevada, Indiana, West Virginia, and Colorado. BetMGM uses geolocation to determine whether you are physically located within state limits.
Does BetMGM offer a no deposit bonus or free bets?
Yes. BetMGM will typically have a welcome bonus available for all new members.
Does BetMGM have good odds?
Yes. We were happy to find that the odds and betting lines were competitive with other top sportsbooks in the US.