MLS Conference Semifinals 2019: LAFC vs LA Galaxy - Predictions & Odds
Final score prediction: LAFC 4, LA Galaxy 2.
How to Watch LAFC vs LA Galaxy
Where: Banc Of California Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
When: Thursday, October 24th at 10:30 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): TV: ESPN, TVAS, TSN4, ESPN Deportes. Radio: LA: https://www.lagalaxy.com/content/live-audio, LAFC Radio: ESPN 710 AM.
LAFC clinched a first-round bye by winning the Western Conference regular-season title, posting 72 points on the season.
LAFC has an 85% probability to win the Semifinals, a 72% shot at taking the Conference Finals and 55% to win the MLS Cup according to FiveThirtyEight.
LAFC own +105 odds to win the MLS in November.
LA Galaxy made the Western Conference Semifinals by defeating Minnesota United on the road by a score of 2-1.
The Galaxy has a 15% probability to win the Semifinals, a 5% chance at taking the Conference Finals and hold at 2% to win the MLS Cup according to FiveThirtyEight.
LA Galaxy’s odds have dropped to +1700 to win the MLS Championship after their road upset of Minnesota last weekend.
Bet on Fantasy Soccer With These Sportsbooks
LAFC: Tyler Miller (13-2-4, 0.89 goals allowed per game)
Miller has one career appearance in the MLS Playoffs as keeper of the Seattle Sounders in 2017. He saved three shots on the way to a shutout in his lone playoff start for the club.
- Miller allowed six goals in his last five home matches for LAFC. His record over that span is three wins and two ties.
- The LAFC starting keeper faced just 15 shots over his last five starts of the season.
- Miller has not posted a shutout over his last six starts of 2019.
LA Galaxy: David Bingham (16-14-3, 1.67 goals allowed per game)
Bingham was solid in the Galaxy’s 2-1 win over Minnesota as he saved two of the three shots he faced in the first-round matchup.
- Bingham allowed 14 goals over his last five road starts of the season, before surrendering just one goal to Minnesota.
- The LA Galaxy keeper surrendered five goals in his two matchups against LAFC on 15 shots on goal.
- Bingham suffers from the club’s aggressive offensive attack as he was forced to save a league-high 141 shots in 2019.
Stats to Watch
See you on Thursday.
— LAFC (@LAFC) October 22, 2019
LAFC scored 2.8 goals at home in 2019, while allowing just 1.2 goals per contest at Banc of California Stadium.
- Carlos Vela scored 18 of this MLS-leading 34 goals this season at Banc of California Stadium.
- In their 17 home games this season, LAFC scored three goals or more in ten of the matches.
- At Banc of California Stadium, opponents only scored three goals or more four times in 2019.
LA Galaxy is scoring 1.3 goals per game away from home while allowing 1.9 goals per contest on the road.
- The Galaxy scored two goals or less on the road in 16 of their 18 road matches this season.
- Sebastian Lleget and Jonathan dos Santos each scored a goal in the Galaxy’s 2-1 win over Minnesota in the first round of the MLS Playoffs.
- The Galaxy defeated LAFC 3-2 on July 19th at home but tied 3-3 against their rival in August when playing at Banc of California Stadium.
Last Five Games – LAFC vs LA Galaxy
- LAFC scored three goals in two of their last five matches.
- The LAFC scored nine goals in their last five games this year.
- LAFC are 2-1-2 in their last five home matches this season.
- LA Galaxy is 2-3-0 in their last five road matches this season, including the playoff win at Minnesota on Sunday.
- The Galaxy has three wins in their last five games, scoring 11 goals over that span.
- The Galaxy have scored two goals or more in six straight matches.
LAFC vs LA Galaxy – Game Predictions
This matchup won’t be without fireworks as LAFC can fill the net and the Galaxy aren’t particularly interested in stopping their opponents’ offensive attack. This El Trafico clash should be handled by the home team LAFC as their ability to score goals will be too much for the Galaxy to overcome.
Prediction: Final score – LAFC 4, LA Galaxy 2.
LAFC vs LA Galaxy – Game Odds