Prepaid Gift Card Sportsbooks
Best Prepaid Gift Card Sportsbooks
Prepaid gift cards are the perfect option for bettors who want to deposit using a bank card, but for whatever reason don’t want to use or don’t have access to one of their own.
Gift cards effectively work exactly the same as a standard credit card, and they’re even backed by major credit card companies. You can buy a card preloaded with money and spend it however you like. The only difference is that it’s not connected to your personal finances in any way.
Gift cards can be purchased at a variety of value, and can even be bought using cash – meaning they are one of the most secure and discrete ways possible to top up your sportsbook
On this page, we’ve got the lowdown on how to use gift cards to gamble online. Everything you need to know to get started is here, including:
- Which Sportsbooks Accept Prepaid Gift Cards
- What Kind of Fees You Can Expect
- How to Make a Deposit
- Withdrawals and Bonuses
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Gift Cards
Prepaid gift cards make a lot of sense for a lot of people, and this is where you can find out why. Haven’t found what you’re looking for yet? Check out the following links to see if there is a [ayment method that works out for the sportsbook of your choice!
- Sportsbooks that take American Express
- Sportsbooks that take Google Pay
- Sportsbooks that take PayPal
- Sportsbooks that take Mastercard
- Sportsbooks that take Neteller
- Sportsbooks that take Netspend
- Sportsbooks that take Venmo
- Sportsbooks that take Skrill
- Sportsbooks that take Visa
- Sportsbooks that take Visa Prepaid Gift Cards
- Even more information on sportsbook payment methods
Which Sportsbooks Accept Prepaid Gift Cards
If you are using a Visa or Mastercard gift card the acceptance rate is very high, since the process is just the same as using your personal bank card. The vast majority of bookmakers in the United States and around the world accept deposits with bank cards.
If you’re using a more obscure gift card, it’s less likely to be accepted but you can check with your sportsbook. For example, some sportsbooks accept Visa and Mastercard but don’t allow American Express deposits due to the increased fees. Luckily, the majority of gift cards tend to be either from Visa or Mastercard.
Overall, prepaid gift cards are widely accepted. Below are a couple of examples of US sportsbooks where you can use gift cards to bet.
Sportsbooks that take Prepaid Gift Cards
|Sportsbook||Accepts Deposit||Accepts Withdrawal||Sportsbook Review||Sign Up Now|
|Hard Rock||Yes||n/a||Hard Rock Review||Sign Up Here|
|bet365||Yes||n/a||bet365 Review||Sign Up Here|
|SI Sportsbook||Yes||n/a||SI Sportsbook Review||Sign Up Here|
|FOX Bet||Yes||n/a||FOX Bet Review||Sign Up Here|
|Borgata||Yes||n/a||Borgata Review||Sign Up Here|
|Caesars||Yes||n/a||Caesars Review||Sign Up Here|
888Sport is one of the top online sportsbooks currently available to players in the US, and it makes a point of advertising that it accepts prepaid gift cards as a deposit method.
Prepaid Gift Cards Processing Fees
Just as with a standard bank card deposit, sportsbooks rarely charge bettors a fee for depositing with a gift card. It’s in their interest to make topping up your account as pain-free as possible, so sportsbooks in general don’t charge for deposits.
Unfortunately, that doesn’t mean that prepaid gift cards are free to use.
Instead, you’ll pay a flat fee when you purchase the card. The amount varies depending on what brand of card you choose, but $3.95 is common for the most popular cards. That means if you buy a $50 gift card, you’ll actually pay $53.95.
Other cards charge a percentage fee of 3-5%.
This means that while there are plenty of deposit options that allow you to charge up your sportsbook account free of charge, prepaid gift cards are not one of them.
For many people, the small fee will be worth it for the extra security or the ability to pay in cash. But it’s true that the fees are a small downside of using gift cards.
Depositing with Prepaid Gift Cards
Your first step is to buy a prepaid gift card.
Prepaid gift cards can be found in lots of very common stores all over the US, including Walmart, Walgreens, and 7-Eleven. Chances are, no matter where you are located you’re not going to be far from a suitable store.
You can buy the gift card in cash, making it one of the few banking methods that allow you to effectively top up your sports betting account in cash.
You’ll receive a physical card, just like a standard credit card which you can use anywhere you like, including ATMs.
It’s also possible to buy prepaid gift cards online. Your card will be posted out to you, but you can also receive the card details your make the purchase, so you don’t need to wait around for it to arrive before you make an online payment.
Once you have a card, all you need to do it head to your online sportsbook’s cashier and select the appropriate Visa/Mastercard deposit option. You’ll have to fill in the details, just like a regular card purchase online.
Once you confirm, your deposit should be processed instantly.
Withdrawing with a Prepaid Gift Card
Withdrawing is not typically available via a gift card in the US. If you do use a gift card to deposit, you’ll need to choose a different method for payouts.
Neteller, PayPal, Skrill, or bank transfers are examples of potential alternative methods. It’s important to think about this in advance, and not leave it too late to discover that there isn’t a suitable withdrawal method for you.
It’s also worth mentioning that branded prepaid cards, which are distinct from prepaid gift cards you can buy in stores, do often allow you to withdraw directly onto the card. You can read more about them in our full guide to visa prepaid cards.
Prepaid Gift Card Processing Times
Deposits with prepaid gift cards are processed instantly, making them one of the fastest payment methods available at any sportsbook. Since they work in exactly the same way as regular debit cards, they’re also very familiar and easy to use for just about everybody.
If you don’t have a gift card yet and need to buy one, it may take a little more time upfront. You’ll have to stop by your local store to pick one up or order one online.
However, once you have a card topping up your account is very fast and easy.
Prepaid Gift Card Sign Up Bonuses
Welcome bonuses are what gambling sites use to attract new players: the promise of bonus cash, free bets or special enhanced value offers.
Deposit matches are probably the most common type of sign-up bonus.
Generally, all you need to do to claim your bonus is sign up with a sportsbook and make a deposit using your gift card. The sportsbook will then match some or all of your deposit with bonus cash, so you start with double the bankroll you expected.
A no deposit bonus is another alternative, where the sportsbook gives you a small amount of bonus cash totally free, with no need for you to deposit any of your own cash upfront.
You may need to type in a promo code to unlock the bonus, and bonus cash always comes with wagering requirements that need to be fulfilled before it can be withdrawn.
Advantages of Prepaid Gift Cards
Gift cards are the first choice of thousands of sports bettors. Here’s why.
- Security and anonymity. Prepaid gift cards offer both, in a way that just can’t be matched by most other methods. You don’t need to perform any direct transactions between your personal bank account and your sportsbook or provide your personal details. You can even deposit using cash via prepaid gift cards.
- Fast and easy. Gift card deposits are processed instantly, and the deposit process couldn’t be easier. If you’ve ever made an online payment with a bank card before, you’re already ready to go. If you’re looking for a hassle-free method with no need to sign up for additional services, gift cards are perfect.
- Gift cards are versatile. Not only can they be used at online sportsbooks and https://www.wsn.com/online-casinos/online casinos, but you can also use them to pay for a variety of other things, both online and in person. You can even withdraw some or all of your balance in cash from an ATM.
Disadvantages of Prepaid Gift Cards
Gift cards aren’t perfect and do have some drawbacks built-in.
- Gift cards cost money. Every time you buy one, you can expect to pay a fee of something around the $4 mark, depending on the size of the card. This makes them not especially suitable for regular small deposits in particular. There are plenty of ways to top up your sportsbook account for free, but gift cards are not one.
- You can’t use gift cards for withdrawals. This means you’ll need to use a different method for payouts, so it’s an extra thing to think about.
- You may need to drive to a store to pick up a gift card, which is something of an inconvenience compared with straight online transactions.
Peace of Mind With Prepaid Gift Cards
Lots of players prioritize security and anonymity for a variety of reasons. Maybe they don’t want gambling transactions to appear on their bank statements. Maybe they don’t have an active bank card, or just prefer to use cash. Maybe they don’t feel comfortable giving their personal details to an online sports betting site.
For all of these people, prepaid gift cards are a great option and the small processing fee will be well worth it. Gift cards are easy to use, fast, and very secure. Check out top-rated prepaid gift card sportsbooks to find the best place to use them today.
Prepaid Girftcard Sportsbook FAQs
How do I make a prepaid gift card deposit at my online sportsbook?
Deposits using prepaid gift cards work exactly the same as bank card deposits, like with Visa or Mastercard. You’ll need to purchase a gift card in-store or online first, and then make the deposit in the cashier section of your sportsbook.
Are prepaid gift card payments fast?
Yes. Deposits are made instantly so you can start betting straight away,
Can I withdraw using prepaid gift card?
No. Prepaid gift cards can typically only be used for deposits.