New York Islanders vs Philadelphia Flyers: Predictions and Odds
How to Watch Islanders vs Flyers
Where: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
When: Saturday, November 16th at 7:00 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): Philadelphia TV/Radio: NBC Sports Philadelphia, WPG 95.5 FM. New York Islanders TV/Radio: SNY, ESPN NY 1050 AM.
New York Islanders
The Islanders continue their hot streak as they’ve won their last two games after having a 10-game winning streak snapped.
New York sits in 2nd place in the East with 27 points, five points behind the leader, Washington, although the Capitals have played three games more than the Islanders.
New York Islanders sit at +1500 to win the East and +3000 to win the Stanley Cup.
Philadelphia is tied for 4th place in the Eastern Conference with Montreal and Florida and just one point ahead of Pittsburgh and Toronto.
The Flyers have won 10 of 18 games this year but are a spectacular 6-1-2 at home.
The Flyers stands at +2000 to take the Eastern Conference and +4000 to win the Stanley Cup.
New Users Only. Min. $5 Deposit. Eligibility restrictions apply. See DraftKings.com for details.
- 20K public contests per day
- Play against friends privately
- Win even if you don't finish 1st
New York Islanders: Semyon Varlamov & Thomas Greiss
Greiss leads the league in GAA, allowing just 1.88 over his first nine appearances. Varlamov is ranked 8th with a 2.37 GAA in his eight games played.
- Greiss has allowed four goals in his last three games with a 96.0% save percentage.
- Varlamov has allowed four goals in each of his last two starts against Pittsburgh and Toronto.
- Greiss has won six straight starts and made over 30 saves in four of those six contests.
Philadelphia Flyers: Brian Elliott and Carter Hart
Hart and Elliott rank in the bottom half of GAA in the NHL as Hart sits in 23rd place with 2.71 GAA and Elliott sits in 30th with 2.88 GAA.
- Hart has won four of his five starts in November, allowing nine goals in five games, and posted a 93.9% save percentage.
- Elliot has won just one of his last three starts with five goals allowed, but has posted a 92.4% save percentage.
- Hart has allowed two or less goals in five of his last six games of the season.
Stats to Watch: Islanders vs Flyers
New York Islanders
New York is allowing just 2.19 goals per game, lowest in the league by .23 goals to Arizona.
- The Islanders have scored on just five power plays on the season, ranking 29th in the NHL.
- New York has scored three goals per game, good for 15th in the NHL, but is last in the league in shots per game at 27.6.
- Defensemen Bode Wilde is out with an ankle injury and the 19-year old could be placed on the IR.
The Flyers have scored 14 goals on the power play, tied for 7th place in the NHL.
- Philadelphia is taking 34.5 shots per game, good for 3rd in the league.
- The Flyers are scoring 2.94 goals per contest, ranking 18th in the NHL.
- Defensemen Samuel Morin has been placed on the injured reserve with a torn ACL and will miss the season.
Last Five Games
New York Islanders
- New York is 9-2-1 at home this season and 4-1-0 on the road.
- The Islanders have not lost a game in regulation since a 5-2 loss on October 11th to Carolina.
- New York’s last three games have been one goal contests, with the Islanders winning two and losing the other in overtime.
- Philadelphia has won four of their last five games, all by one goal, with the lone loss coming in a shootout, also a one-goal loss.
- Over their last five home games, the Flyers have outscored opponents 18-13.
- The Flyers have allowed two goals per game over their last four games.
Game Odds: Islanders vs Flyers
The odds for this match will be updated, when they are available.