Detroit Tigers vs New York Mets: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Citi Field, New York, NY
When: Friday, May 24th at 7:10 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): Tigers TV/Radio: Fox Sports Detroit, WXYT 1270 AM. Mets TV/Radio: SNY, WCBS 880 AM.
The rebuilding Tigers are 18-27 through 45 games, placing 4th in the AL Central.
Away from Detroit, the Tigers are 9-12, scoring just 68 runs in 21 games for a meager 3.2 runs per game average.
The Tigers have 200-1 odds to win the American League and have some of the worst odds in MLB at 400-1 to win the World Series.
New York Mets
The Mets are in a tailspin on both the field and in the clubhouse with rumors of manager Mickey Callaway being fired soon.
The Mets play better at home with a record of 10-8 and a runs per game average of 4.9 at Citi Field.
The Mets have slipped to 15-1 to win the NL title and 30-1 to win the 2019 World Series.
Tigers: Gregory Soto (0-2, 13.50 ERA)
The Tigers rookie has been awful in his three appearances in 2019, allowing 12 earned runs in ten innings.
Soto has given up 16 hits and six walks over the ten innings.
- In his last start, Soto lasted only four innings, allowing three earned runs to Oakland.
- Soto has not thrown for over four innings in any of his three appearances.
- The Tigers starter has struck out just seven batters in his ten innings pitched.
New York Mets: Noah Syndergaard (3-4, 4.50 ERA)
Syndergaard has been exceptional in the month of May with a 2.40 ERA and 24 strikeouts over four starts.
In his four May starts, the Mets righty has allowed just 26 baserunners in 30 innings.
- In Syndergaards last outing, he pitched 7 innings, allowing two earned runs against Miami.
- Noahs last three starts have been on the road, this is his first home start since May 2nd.
- Syndergaard has thrown at least six innings in his last four starts.
The Tigers offense has been poor on the road, but theyve hit 21 homers in 21 games away from Comerica Park.
On the road, the Tigers are hitting .219 with 64 extra base hits.
- 1B Miguel Cabrera is 1 for 3 against Syndergaard in their lone matchup.
- 2B Josh Harrison is 2 for 9 versus the Mets righty with one double.
- OF Nicholas Castellanos is 0 for 2 against Syndergaard with two strikeouts and one walk.
New York Mets
The Mets have hit 25 homers at Citi Field in 2019 in just 18 games.
New York is hitting .240 with 40 of their 52 home runs coming against right-handed pitchers this season.
- None of the Mets batters have faced Soto in their career.
- Soto has allowed a .381 batting average to the 47 hitters hes faced this season.
- Right-handed batters have hit .361 with two homers and 12 RBI off Soto.
- SS Jordy Mercer has a strained quad and is on the 10-day IL.
- SP Michael Fulmer has undergone Tommy John surgery and will miss all of 2019.
- SP Jordan Zimmerman has a sprained elbow and is on the 10-day IL with no return date set.
New York Mets
- Jed Lowrie has shifted to the 60-day IL after a setback in his rehab from knee surgery.
- OF Yoenis Cespedes fractured his ankle in an accident at his ranch after stepping in a hole. His 2019 return is doubtful and his contract could be voided by the Mets.
- Michael Conforto will return from a concussion when the special 7-day IL expires.
The odds will be updated, as they are made available.
In the meantime, you can take a look at our comprehensive guide on How to bet on MLB.