Houston Astros vs New York Yankees: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Yankee Stadium, New York City, New York
When: Saturday, June 22nd, 2019 at 7:05 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): Astros TV/Radio: AT&T SportsNet, 850 AM. Yankees TV/Radio: YES, WFAN 101.9FM.
The Astros continue to reign in the AL West with a 48-27 overall record and a 21-16 mark away from Minute Maid Field.
The Astros have climbed to an overwhelming 99.3% chance to reach the playoffs and a solid 18.6% probability to take the World Series title according to Baseball Reference.
The Astros currently stand at 9/5 to win the American League and 4/1 to take the World Series.
New York Yankees
The Yankees have played terrific this season despite a host of injuries. The team is slowly getting players back and look formidable for the AL crown.
New Yorks stellar record have placed the Yankees with a 86.2% chance to make the playoffs and a 5.2% probability to take the World Series.
The Yankees are 13-5 to win the AL Pennant and 11-2 to win the 2019 World Series.
Astros: Wade Miley (6-4, 3.30 ERA)
The Astros lefty was mediocre in his last start against Cincinnati, allowing three earned runs over 4.1 innings.
Miley has posted seven quality starts on the season in his 15 starts this season for the Astros.
- Hitters are batting a .239 against Miley in 2019.
- The lefty has surrendered 12 home runs over his 84.2 innings, with six coming on the road in eight starts.
- In three June outings, Miley has allowed six earned runs in 15.1 innings, posting a 3.52 ERA.
Yankees: Masahiro Tanaka (3-5, 3.42 ERA)
The Yankees starter posted perhaps the best start of his career in his last appearance, throwing a two-hit shutout against the Rays .
Tanaka struck out 10 batters in the brilliant outing with only one walk.
- Batters are hitting .233 against Tanaka this season.
- The righty has allowed just four home runs over his last six starts.
- Tanaka has struck out 19 batters in 21.2 innings in his three June starts.
The Astros offense is ranked 8th overall in MLB by scoring an average of 5.16 runs per contest.
On the road, Houston is 10th in baseball posting 5.03 runs per game.
- 2B Jose Altuve is 5 for 17 against Tanaka with two solo homers to his credit.
- 3B Alex Bregman is 3 for 6 with one homer and four RBI against the Yankees starter.
- OF Michael Brantley is 3 for 12 against Tanaka with two solo homers.
New York Yankees
The Yankees offense is less impressive at home than on the road, scoring the 14th most runs in MLB, plating 4.81 per game.
New York is better on the road because they score 6 runs per game away from Yankee Stadium.
- OF Aaron Hicks is 3 for 9 against Miley with a double.
- 1B Edwin Encarnacion is 7 for 19 against Miley with three homers and six RBI.
- OF Brett Gardner is 6 for 22 with three RBI against the Houston starter.
- OF George Springer could be back next week from a hamstring pull.
- SS Aledmys Diaz has slowed his rehab from a strained hamstring after feeling tightness.
- SS Carlos Correa will be out another month with a fractured rib.
New York Yankees
- OF Giancarlo Stanton has returned to the lineup after missing several weeks with injuries.
- 1B Kendrys Morales is on the 10-day IL with a strained calf.
- OF Aaron Judge continues to progress from an oblique strain and could be back in July.
The game odds will be added as soon as it is made available by the sportsbooks.