Atlanta Braves vs New York Mets Odds, Picks and Predictions
How to Watch
Where: Citi Field, New York City, NY
When: Friday, August 23rd at 7:10 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): Mets TV/Radio: SNY, WCBS 880 AM. Braves TV: Fox Sports South, Braves Radio: 106.7 FM
Atlanta looks to be headed toward a fifth straight winning month as the club has won 11 of their first 18 games in August.
The Braves have a 99.8% chance to make the playoffs and an 8.6% shot at winning the World Series according to Baseball-Reference.
Atlanta has 9-2 odds to take the National League title and stand at 10-1 to claim the World Series.
New York Mets
After losing four of five games, the Mets have regained their composure as they head into a vital series against the NL-East leading Braves.
New York’s odds to get to the playoffs took a hit over the last week, falling to a 27.3% probability of reaching the playoffs and 1.1% to win the World Series crown.
The Mets currently stand with 20-1 odds to take the NL title and 40-1 to hold the 2019 World Series trophy.
Braves: Mike Foltynewicz (4-5, 6.09 ERA)
The Braves righty has struggled with injury this season after putting up a career year in 2018.
- In Foltynewiczs last start, the right-hander allowed two earned runs and struck out seven batters over 4.2 innings in a 4-3 win over the Dodgers.
- In his last 16 innings, Foltynewicz has struck out 19 batters and walked seven over that period.
- The Braves have won the last six of Foltynewiczs starts, despite posting a 5.23 ERA during that span.
New York Mets: Jacob deGrom (8-7, 2.61 ERA)
deGrom has once again been spectacular down the stretch in 2019, allowing just one homer in his last seven starts.
- In his last appearance, deGrom went seven innings against Kansas City, allowing only three hits, while striking out five.
- The Mets righty has posted a 1.42 ERA in August, surrendering just six earned runs over his last 19 innings.
- Since July 1st, deGrom has struck out 66 batters in 52 innings.
Across July and August, the Braves have scored 5.28 runs per contest and won 25 of 42 games.
- 1B Freddie Freeman is 14 for 51 against the Mets’ right-hander with three homers, five RBI and seven walks.
- 2B Ozzie Albies is 4 for 29 against deGrom with one double in his career.
- OF Ronald Acuna Jr. went 5 for 18 versus deGrom with just one double.
New York Mets
Since July 1st, the Mets have won 27 of their last 40 games, in large part, due to an offense averaging 5.18 runs per contest.
- 3B Todd Frazier is 1 for 13 against the Braves righty with one homer and seven strikeouts.
- C Wilson Ramos is 1 for 8 with one double and one strikeout versus Foltynewicz.
- OF Michael Conforto is 1 for 6 against Foltynewicz with three strikeouts.
- OF Austin Riley and SS Dansby Swanson are rehabbing their injuries in the minors and could both return soon from the 10-day IL.
- OF Ender Inciarte has a strained hamstring that has forced him to the 10-day IL.
- OF Adam Duvall was recalled to take Inciarte’s spot in the outfield.
New York Mets
- 2B Jeff McNeil has a strained hamstring that has placed him on the 10-day IL.
- RP Robert Gsellman is experiencing triceps tightness and is on the 10-day IL.
- 1B Dominic Smith has a foot fracture that could force him to miss the rest of the season.
Game Odds – Atlanta Braves vs New York Mets
The odds will be updated, when they are made available.