Atlanta Braves vs New York Mets: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Citi Field, New York, NY
When: Sunday, June 30th at 7:05 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): Mets TV/Radio: SNY, WCBS 880 AM. Braves TV: Fox Sports South, Braves Radio: 106.7 FM
Atlanta has punched the gas in June, driving around the rest of the division to take a 5.5 game lead over Philadelphia at the start of the series against New York.
The Braves are at a season-high 93.5% probability to make the playoffs and have a 6.4% chance to win the World Series.
The Braves spectacular June has dropped their odds to 11-2 to win the National League and fallen to 12-1 to win the World Series.
New York Mets
After building high hopes going into the season, the Mets are a disaster with a record of 37-44 entering the series with the Braves.
New York have fallen to a 6.0% shot of reaching the postseason and a 0.1% probability to take the World Series crown.
The Mets recent slide has risen their odds to 40-1 to win the NL title and 100-1 to win the 2019 World Series.
Braves: Max Fried (9-3, 3.96 ERA)
On the 19th of June, Fried threw a quality start against the Mets, posting six innings and just two earned runs.
In the start against New York, Fried struck out eight batters and created seven groundball outs.
- In June, Fried has thrown three quality starts in his five outings.
- Fried has not allowed a home run in his last two starts.
- In June, Newcomb has five starts posting an ERA of 5.74 due to two bad outing earlier in the month.
New York Mets: Noah Syndergaard (5-4, 4.55 ERA)
Syndergaard last pitched on June 15th due to a strained hamstring.
In his three June starts, the Mets righty struck out 16 in 19.2 innings.
- In Syndergaards last start, he threw six innings, striking out five St. Louis batters.
- The Mets starter has surrendered 19 baserunners over the 19.2 innings in June.
- Syndergaard has only allowed one homer in his last four starts before hitting the IL.
The Braves have surged in June, going 18-6 in the month, fueled by an offense scoring a whopping 6.83 runs per game.
As a team, Atlanta has hit .276 for the month, but slugged a whopping .527 behind 110 extra-base hits.
- OF Ronald Acuna Jr. is 2 for 7 against Syndergaard with one double.
- 2B Ozzie Albies is 2 for 9 with one homer versus Syndergaard.
- 1B Freddie Freeman is 8 for 18 against the Mets right-hander with one homer and six RBI.
New York Mets
The Mets have slumped badly in June, but their hitting has been better than average.
New York is hitting .270 as a team with 44 homers in 24 games during the month.
- OF Michael Conforto is 0 for 6 against Fried with two strikeouts.
- 3B Jeff McNeil is 3 for 5 against the Braves lefty with two doubles on his ledger.
- SS Amed Rosario is 2 for 7 with one double versus Fried.
- Recovering from forearm tightness, RP Darren O Day hopes to resuming a throwing program soon.
- OF Ender Inciarte is on the 10-day IL with a lumbar strain that has kept him out over six weeks.
- SP Kevin Gausman is suffering from plantar fasciitis and hopes to start a throwing program in a few weeks.
New York Mets
- OF Brandon Nimmo is on the 10-day IL with neck inflammation.
- RP Jeurys Familia has shoulder discomfort and lands on the 10-day IL for the second time this season.
- After injuring his hamstring during a start, SP Noah Syndergaard looks to start todays game against the Braves.
The odds will be updated as soon as they are made available