New York Mets vs Philadelphia Phillies: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, PA
When: Friday, August 30th at 7:10 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): Mets TV/Radio: SNY, WCBS 880 AM. Braves TV: Fox Sports South, Braves Radio: 106.7 FM
New York Mets
After surging to jump back into the National League Wild Card race, the Mets have sputtered in late August to put their postseason hopes in serious jeopardy.
New York’s odds to get to the Wild Card game continue to fall as they hold a 14.9% probability of reaching the postseason and 1.1% to win the World Series according to Baseball Reference.
The Mets odds stand at 25-1 to take the NL title and 50-1 to claim the 2019 World Series.
The Phillies continue to struggle to put together a winning streak that would place them back into the middle of the teams hoping for a Wild Card berth.
Philadelphia has a 11.0% chance of making the playoffs and a 0.2% shot to take the World Series title.
The Phillies have dropped to 30-1 to win the National League and have fallen to 60-1 to win the World Series.
New York Mets: Zack Wheeler (9-7, 4.46 ERA)
Wheeler has been bad in three straight outings, allowing 12 earned runs in his last 16 innings.
- In his last start, Wheeler surrendered four earned runs in six innings behind the strength of two homers to the Braves in a 9-5 loss.
- The Mets’ righty has struck out just seven hitters in his last 16 innings.
- Over the last three starts, Wheeler has allowed 21 hits and seven walks in those 16 innings.
Phillies: Aaron Nola (12-4, 3.53 ERA)
After a rocky start to the season, Nola has returned to being one of the best pitchers in baseball.
- Nola has thrown seven innings in five of his last seven starts.
- He has allowed three runs or less in a start in 11 of his last 13 outings.
- Nola has allowed just two home runs in August over his five starts.
New York Mets
After a terrible offensive July, the Mets have rebounded to score over five runs per contest in the month of August.
- 3B Todd Frazier is 0 for 15 against the righty with four strikeouts.
- 1B Pete Alonso is 2 for 8 with a homer and three strikeouts off Nola.
- OF Michael Conforto is 4 for 26 against Nola with one homer and ten strikeouts.
Since June 1st, the Phillies have hovered around .500 baseball, and the offense has been flaccid, scoring less than 128 runs in each of the three months.
- 1B Rhys Hoskins is 2 for 17 against Wheeler with eight strikeouts.
- C J.T. Realmuto is 8 for 16 versus the Mets’ righty with two doubles and four RBI.
- OF Bryce Harper is 8 for 37 against Wheeler with two homers and 14 strikeouts.
New York Mets
- 2B Robinson Cano has a torn hamstring that has placed him on the 10-day IL.
- RP Robert Gsellman is recovering from triceps tightness and remains on the 10-day IL.
- C Tomas Nido could return soon from a concussion he incurred on the field last week.
- OF Jay Bruce has a strained flexor that has kept him on the 10-day IL for a few weeks.
- RP Juan Nicasio has inflammation of the rotator cuff and is recovering on the 10-day IL.
- SP Jake Arrieta is out for the year after surgery on his elbow to remove bone spurs.
The odds will be updated, as they are made available by the sportsbooks.