Pittsburgh Penguins vs New Jersey Devils: Predictions and Odds
How to Watch Penguins vs Devils
Where: Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey
When: Friday, November 15th at 7:00 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): New Jersey TV/Radio: MSG+, WFAN 101.9FM. Pittsburgh TV/Radio: AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh, WXDX-FM, 105.9FM.
Pittsburgh is tied for 7th place with Toronto in the Eastern Conference, with ten wins in their first 18 games of the year.
The Penguins, winners of two of their last five games, are 4-3-1 on the road.
Pittsburgh stands at +1000 to take the Eastern Conference and +2000 to win the Stanley Cup.
New Jersey Devils
The New Jersey Devils are sitting in last place in the East, winners of just five of their first 17 games of the 2019-20 season.
The Devils have the second worst goal differential in the East at minus-21, with Detroit’s minus-29 as the worst in all of the NHL.
New Jersey Devils sit at +5000 to win the East and +10000 to win the Stanley Cup.
Pittsburgh Penguins: Matt Murray (9-3-2, 2.39 goals allowed)
Over his five November starts, Murray has allowed two or more goals in each contest, posting a record of 2-3.
- In Tuesday’s loss to the Rangers, Murray saved 24 of 27 shots in the 3-2 overtime shootout.
- Murray has posted a 89.2% save percentage for November after dropping a 92.3% percentage last month.
- Murray is ranked 10th in the league with 2.39 GAA over his 15 starts.
New Jersey Devils: Mackenzie Blackwood (5-3-3, 2.93 goals allowed)
The Devils’ starting goalie has won three of their last five games, allowing five goals in the three wins, including allowing just one goal in two of the victories.
- Blackwood has won two of his six starts at home this season with three overtime losses.
- Blackwood has saved over 30 shots in three of his last four starts.
- The Devils’ netminder is 3-3 in his six starts in November, with a 91.3% save percentage and 16 goals allowed.
Stats to Watch
The Penguins have scored seven power play goals on 51 chances, good for 26th in total PP goals.
- Pittsburgh is allowing 2.61 goals per game, ranked 6th in the NHL.
- The Penguins have taken 34.5 shots per game, good enough for 4th overall in the NHL.
- Center Sidney Crosby is day-to-day with a lower body injury and could miss the game against New Jersey.
New Jersey Devils
New Jersey is allowing 3.63 goals per contest, 2nd worst in the East and 29th overall in the NHL.
- New Jersey has scored eight power play goals on 59 man-advantage opportunities, tied for 23rd in the league.
- The Devils are taking 29.3 shots per game, ranked 25th overall in the league and 2nd lowest in the Eastern Conference.
- Defensemen Sami Vatanen did not play Wednesday night due to an upper body injury and could be out against the Penguins.
Last Five Games
- Pittsburgh has won just two of their last six road games and been outscored over that span 19-17.
- The Penguins have won four of their last six with Murray in goal for Pittsburgh.
- Pittsburgh has played four of their last five games to overtime.
New Jersey Devils
- New Jersey is 3-3 in their last six games and but have been outscored 18-13 over that span.
- The Devils have lost three of their last four games and have been outscored 14-6.
- New Jersey have lost four of their nine home games this season in overtime.
Game Odds: PIT Penguins vs NJ Devils
The odds for this match between the Penguins and the Devils are provided by DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Sportsbook||PIT Penguins||NJ Devils|