Hard Rock Casino NJ Betting Site and Mobile App Review
- Easy access and great promotions
- High volume of bets and sports available
- Best live betting experience in New Jersey
- The app looks better than the website
- Few dedicated bonuses and offers for the sportsbook
- Few specials and enhanced odds
If you’re trying to figure out if Hard Rock Casino NJ is a good online sports betting site, you’ve come to the right place. In fact, you’ll have a hard time finding a more comprehensive review of Hard Rock NJ anywhere.
Hard Rock Casino NJ is a really interesting option for making legal sports bets in New Jersey and in this guide our experts put all of the site’s most important features to the test.
The sportsbook opened in early 2019, and has close ties to the popular Hard Rock casino facilities in Atlantic City. Our experts think that Hard Rock’s sports betting site and app could be the ideal choice for some gamblers, especially those with an interest in casino games.
In this review you’ll find out all about:
- Hard Rock Casino NJ’s website and betting app software.
- How to get the best bonuses for Hard Rock NJ.
- All the kinds of sports and bets you can make on the site and Hard Rock NJ betting app.
We’ll also shine the spotlight on the things we like about betting on sports using Hard Rock NJ as well as what we think could be improved.how we think it works well.
If it sounds like a good fit and you want to sign up with Hard Rock Casino NJ, use the links on this page to make sure you get the best deal possible.
Is Hard Rock Casino NJ Legal to Use?
Yes. Hard Rock Casino NJ is completely legal and safe to use in New Jersey.
The recent explosion in online sportsbooks in New Jersey started back in May 2018, when the Supreme Court removed the federal ban on legal sports betting in the US. New Jersey legalized sports betting the following month, and a host of online sportsbooks began to open up.
Hard Rock Casino was one of the later ones, becoming the 11th fully legal and licensed sportsbook to open in New Jersey when it launched at the end of January 2019.
Hard Rock Casino NJ operates both a physical sportsbook at its premises in Atlantic City and an online sportsbook, via its website and app.
Here are the other main things to know about Hard Rock Casino NJ:
- Hard Rock NJ is 100% legal to use for people in New Jersey.
- There’s a full menu of sports available to bet on, lots of different kinds of bets as well as live betting.
- The online sportsbook is connected to the Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City, where there is an in-person version of the sportsbook.
- Hard Rock Casino NJ is fully licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- You can sign up from anywhere, but in order to place a bet you must be physically located in New Jersey.
We found a lot to like about Hard Rock Casino NJ. Users who want to combine sports betting with online casino games, or even in-person casino and resort services are also sure to love this site.
Next up, we’re going to explore some of the main features of the sportsbook in greater depth.
Hard Rock Casino NJ Software and Mobile Sports Betting App
Both the website and the app share their space with Hard Rock’s online casino games, as well as news and promotional content. On the website, you can toggle between each section using the menu on the left hand side.
On the other parts of the site like the casino there are lots of promotions and advertisements, but our experts found that if you just stick to the sportsbook section there are no such distractions.
The list of sports is very visible at the top of the screen, although each sport is represented by a small icon rather than words, which can be slightly confusing for some sports.
When you click into a sport, it is pretty easy to navigate through the drop-down menus to find what you are looking for. Hard Rock Casino tends to prioritize matches that are starting soon, showing them first on the homepage.
Our experts love the live betting section, which is highlighted on the menu at the top of the page. When you click into an in-play game from a major sport, an excellent graphic appears on the right hand side of the page – showing live updates from a virtual pitch, along with minute-by-minute game statistics.
While the graphics of the sportsbook are fairly average in general, this feature is really slick. It’s actually really helpful for deciding your in-play bets and it sets Hard Rock NJ apart from some of the competition.
The betslip, which hides when not in use and automatically pops up when you click on a bet, works really well too. It is logical and easy to use, and lets you cycle easily between straight bets and multi-bets.
In general, we prefer the app to the website, which has much more impressive graphics and a sleeker design. Both the website and the app are equally functional, but the app looks a lot better in our opinion.
Software and App Highlights
- Placing bets is simple and beginner-friendly.
- Moving from straight bets to more complex bets like parlays is also smooth and logical.
- The graphics on the app look super impressive.
- The virtual updates and statistics during in-play betting are great – both helpful and slick.
- We like the Live Chat feature that is permanently available through the icon at the bottom of the page.
Things to Improve
- The design of the website could be improved to match the app. One workaround we found is that the website looks way better when we manually zoomed out in our internet browser.
- We like that the betslip tool hides when not in use, but when you have a bet selected it obscures quite a lot of the page.
- Using icons to list the sports has the potential to be confusing for some people.
Bonuses and Deals at Hard Rock Casino NJ
Attracting customers with valuable and interesting bonuses is an essential feature of the best online sportsbooks.
Hard Rock Casino NJ comes with plenty of experience from the world of online casino games, so it’s no surprise that it brings the same expertise to its sportsbook, with some really juicy bonuses available.
Our experts found that a lot of the bonuses on offer tend to focus on the casino games rather than the sportsbook. Money won from casino bonuses can be used to bet in the sportsbook, but only after certain conditions have been fulfilled.
The offers might vary depending on when you sign up, but here is an idea of what you can expect from Hard Rock Casino NJ.
Risk-Free $100 Bet
Hard Rock Casino will refund your first bet of $100 or more in cash. All you need to do is deposit at least $100 and then place a bet worth at least that amount. If your bet loses, you will be refunded the $100 in cash.
One thing to remember – you need to opt into the offer, both when you are at the cashier depositing and on the betslip placing the bet. You have 7 days to use the risk-free bet after depositing.
There really aren’t too many other conditions. The offer is open to both new and existing players, and using it does not disqualify you from the $1,000 deposit bonus.
We like this bonus – although it is a little on the pricey side since you have to deposit a minimum of $100 to access it.
First Deposit Matched up to $1,000
This is Hard Rock Casino NJ’s main welcome bonus. Your first deposit will be matched up to a maximum of $1,000. However, there are some conditions to be aware of.
First of all, this bonus only applies to casino games, and cannot be transferred directly to the sportsbook.
In order to unlock the bonus money, you need to gamble 15X the value of the deposit + the bonus.
You have 30 days to unlock the money, and different casino games count differently towards unlocking it.
All in all, while $1,000 is an impressive limit for deposit matching, our experts think there are too many conditions to be fulfilled here before you can use it in the sportsbook.
Hard Rock Casino NJ does actually have a lot of other good bonuses, but they are all focused on the casino rather than the sportsbook.
- As you go through the registration process you are given free spins on virtual slots for each piece of information you provide.
- You are also eligible to win physical prizes, like brand new cars depending on how much you play.
But again, if you are only interested in using the sportsbook, these bonuses are not so relevant to you.
In the opinion of our experts, Hard Rock Casino NJ has great bonuses and deals for users who want to combine sports betting with casino gaming, but not so much if you’re only in it for the sports betting.
Kinds of Bets and Odds
When comparing online sportsbooks, variation is important – both in terms of the sports available and the kind of bets you can place. Some bettors will stick religiously to the most common kinds of bets, but others love to get their money in on more interesting wagers like obscure props, futures bets, and exotics.
Here are the main things that our reviewers found out about the bets at Hard Rock Casino NJ:
- This site has a wide variety of bets so it will appeal to lots of different kinds of gamblers.
- The most popular bets are all well-represented, as well as a healthy menu of props on major games, and an impressive live betting selection.
- Hard Rock Casino NJ is not limited to US sports. It’s got loads of betting included for international sports too.
- The odds and betting lines are generally on par with the other major legal online sportsbooks in New Jersey.
Let’s look a little closer at the main kinds of bets available at Hard Rock Casino NJ:
Whether you are a beginner or an expert, chances are the majority of your action will be on the most popular bets like money lines, point spreads and totals.
Hard Rock Casino NJ makes sure that these markets are the most visible when you click into a sport, making it really easy to place the most popular bets quickly.
Hard Rock Casino NJ has a good selection of prop bets on major sports. Our experts found there were lots of markets on offer for games in the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL, with bets like first goal scorer or picking the score at certain times in the match,
If you are looking for super technical bets, like rushing yards in football, you may be disappointed, but in general Hard Rock Casino has a healthy array of props available.
Our experts were big fans of the live betting section of Hard Rock Casino NJ. You can click the green “Live” icon at the top of the page to find all games currently available to bet on in real-time.
Some sportsbooks prefer to stick to simple outcome bets in their live betting options, but Hard Rock has some additional options. There are plenty of bets available, from the popular markets to in-play props.
However, the real highlight of the live betting section is the interactive graphic giving live updates from the game along with statistics. The graphic changes depending on the sports you are betting on – there is a basketball court for NBA games and a soccer pitch for Premier League games, for example.
Following the action in real-time keeps the energy high and really adds to the betting experience.
Other Betting Options
The more you explore Hard Rock Casino NJ, the more betting options you will discover. There is a full range of futures for major competitions. You can buy points on the spread and more complicated bets like parlays and round robins are super easy to place thanks to the intelligent betslip.
Overall there were more than enough options for our experts to really sink their teeth into.
Sports You Can Bet on at Hard Rock Casino
Hard Rock Casino has a full list of sports available to match its wide range of bets.
NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL will probably see the majority of the action at Hard Rock Casino NJ. However, you can also bet on college sports (provided that the games don’t feature colleges from New Jersey), as well as minor leagues and loads of other sports in the US.
Throw in the international sports available and you have a very comprehensive list of options.
Below you can find a full list of the sports on offer at Hard Rock Casino. Remember that this list is updated all the time as new markets open up.
- NFL Football
- NCAA Football
- NBA Basketball
- NCAA Basketball
- NHL Hockey
- NCAA Hockey
- MLB Baseball
- NCAA Baseball
- Soccer (MLS, Premier League, Champions League, La Liga, international and more)
In the opinion of our experts, unless you specifically want to bet on a particularly obscure sport, Hard Rock Casino probably has you covered.
Options for Deposits and Withdrawals
Hard Rock Casino NJ is totally legal and licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. That means you can be sure that your transactions are easy and secure, and that all of your personal information is protected.
Our experts found that Hard Rock Casino New Jersey has a good selection of options for getting money in and out of your account and is competitive with the best sportsbooks in the state.
Take a closer look at the options below:
- ACH Payments Bank Transfer
- PlayPlus Prepaid Card
- Cash at Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City
- ACH Payments Bank Transfer
- PlayPlus Prepaid Card
- PayPal (provided you used PayPal to deposit)
- Cash at Hard Rock Casino in Atlantic City
We would like to see the sportsbook add a couple more withdrawal options, but in general, we think there should be an option for almost everyone at Hard Rock Casino NJ.
Banking Methods Comparison
Take a look at this table to help you decide which of the transaction methods is best for you.
|Method||Deposit||Withdrawal||Processing Time||Minimum Deposit||Max Deposit||Fees|
|ACH Payments Bank Transfer||Yes||Yes||Instant for deposits, 24-48 hours for withdrawals||$10||n/a||Not from Hard rock Casino|
|Visa||Yes||No||Instant||$10||$25,000||Not from Hard rock Casino|
|Mastercard||Yes||No||Instant||$10||$25,000||Not from Hard rock Casino|
|PayPal||Yes||Yes||Instant for deposits, 24-48 hours for withdrawals||$20||$1,000,000||Not from Hard rock Casino|
|PayNearMe||Yes||No||Instant||$10||$500 every 24 hours||Yes|
|PlayPlus Prepaid Card||Yes||Yes||Instant for deposits, 24-48 hours for withdrawals||$10||$50,000||Not from Hard rock Casino|
|Cash at Casino Cage||Yes||Yes||Instant||$10||n/a||No|
Signup and Registration
Providing a super-easy signup process has become a priority for legal online sportsbooks, and Hard Rock Casino NJ is no different.
New users can sign up from anywhere, but remember that you must be physically located in New Jersey in order to place a bet.
A nice extra during the signup process is that each time you successfully fill out part of the form, you are given more free spins in the casino
To sign up, just follow these simple steps:
- Click on the purple “Sign Up” button on the homepage of the website or app.
- First of all, you will have to enter your email address and choose a password.
- Once you’ve clicked continue, you will give some personal details – your name, date of birth and mobile number.
- After you click continue, you will have to give your Zip code and address. You may also be asked to provide four digits from your SSN. Remember that any personal details your provide are private and secure.
- Next up, you will decide on a security question, and pick your gender.
- Finally, you will need to confirm your identity and information, and agree to the terms and conditions by checking some boxes. When you have done this, click “Create Account” and you are all done!
Our experts found the signup process to be smooth and easy, and we encountered no problems during our tests.
Security and Gaming Licence
Our experts have concluded that Hard Rock Casino NJ is a safe place to bet on sports legally in New Jersey.
The sportsbook is fully licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, which holds Hard Rock Casino to high-security standards.
When legal sports betting finally arrived in New Jersey in June 2018, it was the start of a new era of security and professionalism for online sports betting.
Using legal and regulated sportsbooks really is a game-changer. We are happy to say that our experts found now security concerns with Hard Rock Casino New Jersey, and we have no problems recommending the sportsbook.
Hard Rock Casino gets a good score in this section. There is a comprehensive FAQs section which is likely to address the majority of concerns. If not, the Live Chat feature is always available on the left-hand side of the page.
During our tests, our experts had a couple of questions which were answered quickly and comprehensively via the Live Chat.
There is also a 24/7 phone line you can call if you prefer to speak to someone in person.
One small criticism is that, although there are a lot of customer support options, they are not prominently displayed and you need to scroll to the very bottom of the page to find them.
Things Hard Rock Casino is Doing Right
Hard Rock Casino has made a big impression in New Jersey, entering the market with a global reputation when it opened in June of 2018. We were excited to find out what the company brings to the table with its sportsbook, and we found a lot of things to like:
- For users who want to combine sports betting with casino gaming, there is no doubt that Hard Rock Casino NJ is one of the best options in New Jersey. You can easily access both betting platforms from the same app and website, and the casino gaming promotions are great.
- We were impressed with the volume of bets and sports available. Although casino gaming is clearly important for the company, it does not come at the expense of the sportsbook which has a full betting menu that should satisfy all gamblers.
- The live betting experience is definitely one of the best in New Jersey, with a smooth and usable interface, loads of in-play bets available and seriously impressive in-play graphics.
Things Hard Rock Casino Could Improve
Every sportsbook has room for improvement, and our experts did come back with some suggestions about how this sportsbook can get better. Here are our main issues:
- The website is not as slick as the app, and we think the formatting could be improved. The idea of using icons instead of words to list the sports is a nice idea but ultimately just slows things down. We recommend manually zooming out in your browser, which makes the site more nicely spaced.
- The welcome and deposit bonuses for the casino games are great, but not so much for the sportsbook. We want to see more dedicated bonuses and offers for the sportsbook, or at least remove the restrictive conditions around transferring your bonus winnings from one to the other.
- The same goes for regular promotions – we want to see more specials and enhanced odds on offer on a weekly basis.
- If you are looking for super technical prop bets, about individual player statistics in a game, for example, you probably won’t find them here.
Hard Rock Casino NJ Company History
The Hard Rock brand is world-famous, and the musical influence can be seen all over the website, from the music-themed casino games to the “You Rock” deposit bonus.
The casino only opened in New Jersey in June 2018 with the sportsbook following in January 2019, so it’s something of a new kid on the block. However, the June launch was actually a rebranding of a casino that had been a mainstay in Atlantic City since 1990, the Trump Taj Mahal.
Although the Taj Mahal was the highest-grossing casino in the city for years, it ran into legal and financial problems, eventually filing for bankruptcy in 2014.
The casino briefly closed in 2016 and was then bought and refurbished by Hard Rock, before re-opening in 2018.
Today the casino and physical sportsbook are fully operational on the boardwalk in Atlantic City.
The Final Word on Hard Rock Casino NJ
Hard Rock Casino NJ has made a super-strong entrance into the crowded New Jersey sports betting market. Our experts couldn’t find many major weaknesses.
- It has a slick mobile app, a competitive menu of bets and loads of options for depositing and withdrawing.
- The close connection between the casino games and the sportsbook will certainly be a big attraction for some customers.
- In our opinion, the live betting section with its interactive graphics is one of the best in New Jersey.
Unlike some of the sportsbooks that have opened since sports betting was legalized in New Jersey, Hard Rock Casino does not come with a lot of experience or a ready-made reputation in the world of sports betting. That makes its debut all the more impressive.
Our reviewers did find a few things to improve, however.
- We love the app, but we think the layout of the website can be improved.
- Hard Rock Casino does a great job of covering a lot of bases well, but if you want to be on super obscure sports or you are looking for really out-there props, you might not find them here.
- Finally, the bonuses for the sportsbook are pretty average and not so exciting. We would love to see Hard Rock Casino get more creative in this regard and really stand out from the rest.
Hard Rock Casino NJ is still such a young company in the Garden State, and we can see improvement continuing to be made down the line.
If you like the sound of our review, check out our sign up links to get the best bonus possible when you register.
Is Hard Rock Casino NJ legal to bet with?
Yes. Hard Rock Casino licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, and completely legal to use as long as you’re in New Jersey.
Can you bet on mobile with Hard Rock Casino NJ?
Yes. Hard Rock Casino has an excellent mobile app available on iOS and Android which you can download from app stores or the website.
Do you have to be in New Jersey to bet with Hard Rock Casino NJ?
Yes. You can create your account from anywhere but to place a bet you must be physically in New Jersey.
Does Hard Rock Casino NJ offer a no deposit bonus or free bets?
Yes, usually. The bonuses and offers tend to change all the time, but you can be pretty sure there will be some form of welcome bonus available.
Does Hard Rock Casino NJ have good odds?
Yes. Our experts found that the odds at Hard Rock Casino were competitive with other sportsbooks in New Jersey.