New York Islanders vs Pittsburgh Penguins: Predictions and Odds
How to Watch – Islanders vs Penguins
Where: PPG Paints Arena, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
When: Tuesday, November 19th at 7:00 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): ESPN+, Pittsburgh TV/Radio: AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh, WXDX-FM, 105.9FM. New York Islanders TV/Radio: SNY, ESPN NY 1050 AM.
New York Islanders
The Islanders have 14 wins over their first 18 contests of the season, putting them in second place in the Eastern Conference, five points behind Washington, although New York has played four fewer games.
New York has scored 58 goals on the year and allowed an NHL-low of 42 goals against during their winning streak.
New York Islanders sit at +1500 to win the East and +3000 to win the Stanley Cup.
Pittsburgh is 7-3-1 at home this season, averaging 3.3 goals per game at PPG Paints Arena.
The Penguins have scored 24 points over their first 20 games and are tied for 7th in the Eastern Conference.
Pittsburgh stands at +1000 to take the Eastern Conference and +2000 to win the Stanley Cup.
New York Islanders: Semyon Varlamov & Thomas Greiss
Greiss and Varlamov have been a dynamic duo for the Islanders, both appearing in at least nine games on the year with a combined GAA of 2.33 on the year, one of the best marks in the NHL.
- Greiss has the 2nd best GAA in the NHL, allowing just 1.98 goals per contest. The netminder does have the highest save percentage in the league at 93.8%.
- Varlamov has allowed eight goals over his last two starts, leaving him without an appearance since last Wednesday.
- Greiss has won seven straight starts, including Saturday’s 4-3 win over Philadelphia in an overtime shootout.
Pittsburgh Penguins: Matt Murray (9-4-2, 2.37 goals allowed)
Over his six November starts, Murray has been the victim of poor offensive support, losing his last two starts with the Penguins just scoring three goals combined.
- In Friday’s loss to the Devils, Murray saved 19 of 21 shots but lost 2-1.
- Murray has posted an 89.4% save percentage for the month with his 2-2-2 record.
- Murray is ranked 6th in the league with a 2.37 GAA over his 16 starts.
New Users Only. Min. $5 Deposit. Eligibility restrictions apply. See DraftKings.com for details.
- 20K public contests per day
- Play against friends privately
- Win even if you don't finish 1st
Stats to Watch
New York Islanders
New York leads the NHL in opponent scoring on the road, allowing just 2.17 goals per road contest.
- The Islanders are scoring .5 goals more per game than their opponents on the road, one of only three teams to post that mark on the season.
- New York is scoring only 2.67 goals per road game, tied for 17th best in the NHL with Arizona.
- Wingers Josh Bailey and Tom Kuhnhackl have experienced soreness causing them to sit out practices during the week.
The Penguins are averaging one goal more than their opponent on their home ice, just one of eight teams to accomplish that feat so far this season.
- Pittsburgh is allowing just 2.09 goals per game at PPG Paints Arena, ranked 4th in the NHL.
- The Penguins is taking 35.2 shots per home game, good for 8th best in the NHL.
- Center Sidney Crosby is on injured reserve, nursing a sore groin.
Last Five Games
New York Islanders
- New York is 9-2-1 at home and 5-1-0 on the road this year.
- The Islanders have allowed three goals or more, three times over their last four games.
- After their ten-game winning streak ended, the Islanders have won three straight since the 4-3 loss to the Penguins on Nov. 7th.
- Pittsburgh has lost two of their last three games, scoring just three goals combined in the two losses.
- The Penguins have posted seven points over their last five games and won three of their last four at home.
- Pittsburgh has a plus-17 goal differential over their first 20 games, tied for best in the East.
Game Odds: PIT Penguins vs NY Islanders
The odds for this match between the Penguins and the Devils are provided by DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Sportsbook||PIT Penguins||NJ Devils|