FC Minsk vs BATE Borisov - Prediction and Betting Odds
Play daily fantasy games here! Get a FREE contest entry with DraftKings!
FC Minsk vs BATE Borisov Game Overview
Where: FC Minsk Stadium, Minsk, Belarus
When: Sunday, April 12, 2020, at 6:30 AM EST
How to Watch: bet365 Live Stream
If you reside in New Jersey, you can live stream the Belarus Premier League with bet365 NJ.
To start streaming, simply register at bet365 NJ and add some money to your account.
In order to be eligible, you need to either have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours.
After three matchdays in the Belarus Premier League, FC Minsk sit third with six points from nine possible.
They have scored the joint-most goals in the division with six for an average of 2.0 per match.
FC Minsk are coming off of a loss in their last fixture as they fell to league leaders Energetik-BGU 2-0. Although FC Minsk have started well, they are at long odds of +15000 to win the Premier League.
BATE Borisov finished second in the league last term and enjoyed a short journey through the Champions League and Europa League qualification rounds at the end of 2019.
They head into the weekend with just three points from nine possible having lost their first two matches of the campaign.
BATE Borisov got their first win of the season last time out versus Rukh Brest, 1-0. Despite their slow start, BATE Borisov are sportsbooks’ favorite to win the league at odds of +125.
FC Minsk: Artyom Leonov
Leonov joined FC Minsk in 2019 and has appeared in all three of the club’s matches this season.
- The goalkeeper has conceded an average of 1.67 goals per match in the Belarus Premier League.
- The 25-year-old Russian previously played for FC Minsk’s rival Torpedo Minsk.
- He is yet to keep a clean sheet this season.
BATE Borisov: Anton Chichkan
Chichkan has been with BATE Borisov since 2017 and is a three-time Belarus Premier League champion with the club.
- Chichkan kept a clean sheet in BATE Borisov’s 1-0-win last weekend versus Rukh Brest.
- The goalkeeper concedes an average of 1.67 goals per match.
- Due to the club’s European competition foray this season, Chichkan has played in 13 matches in all competitions.
Players to Watch
FC Minsk may be punching above their weight at the early stage of the season. With six points from nine, they have looked like quite the surprise thus far.
- Vladimir Khvashchinskiy leads the club with two goals in three games this term.
- Young forward Roman Gribovskiy has tallied one goal and could be an exciting prospect with the club for some time to come.
- FC Minsk have tallied the joint-most goals in the division with six.
Last year’s league runners-up have started slowly but there is plenty of time to right the ship.
- Goals have been in short supply with just three scored over the course of three matches.
- Midfielder Willum Willumson is one of the club’s few foreign players and comes from Iceland. The midfielder has bagged one of BATE’s three goals.
- Prior to the weekend’s match, BATE will face Slavia Mozyr in the Belarus Cup semifinals.
Betting Tips for Matchday 4
- FC Minsk have won two of their last three home matches versus BATE.
- The home side were able to defeat BATE in their last match in Minsk, 3-2, in September of last year.
- FC Minsk have been outscored 8-4 by BATE in their last six matches in the Premier League.
- BATE have not won an away match this season losing both games on the road.
- The club have won three of their last four fixtures versus FC Minsk, although they did lose last time away from home.
- BATE have conceded five goals on the road in 180 minutes of soccer.