888Sport NJ Betting Site and Mobile App Review
- Fantastic odds
- Access to special odds and deals
- Huge variety of bets and sports
- Excellent mobile sports betting app
- High wagering requirements on bonuses
- Few reload bonuses
- Limited support contact options
- 888Sport limits winning players by removing special odds and deals
Are you in or near New Jersey and thinking about signing up for one of the state’s newly-legalized online sports betting sites?
888Sport NJ, operated by Caesars Interactive Entertainment, is a great choice for online betting and in this review we’re going to show you exactly why we think it checks all the boxes as one of the best legal online sportsbooks in New Jersey.
We’ll dig into everything from the site’s bonuses to its betting options. We’ll talk about the things we like most about 888Sport New Jersey and we’ll also touch on the areas we think need improvement.
888Sport NJ has a great mobile sports betting app too which we’ll review in detail.
The goal is to give you an objective look at one of the biggest and most successful legal online sportsbooks in the Garden State. If it’s right for you, we’ll help you sign up and find a valuable bonus to help you start betting on sports.
888Sport NJ Sportsbook Video Review
888Sport NJ at a Glance
|888Sport NJ bonus promo code||None|
|No deposit bonus||$10 free|
|Welcome bonus||100% up to $500|
|Land-based partner||Caesars Casino, Atlantic City|
When the US Supreme Court decided to end the federal ban on sports betting in 2018, New Jersey was one of the first states to jump on board. 888Sport NJ and a handful of other sports betting sites started taking bets almost immediately and the industry has exploded in popularity since then.
Here are the most important bullet points to know about 888Sport New Jersey right off the bat:
- 888Sport NJ offers a full menu of betting on a huge variety of sports worldwide.
- The online sportsbook is licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- The site operates in partnership with Caesars Casino in Atlantic City.
- You can open an account and deposit money from anywhere but you must physically be in New Jersey to make bets.
- 888Sport has a strong reputation as one of the world’s biggest online gambling companies, operating online sportsbooks, online casinos and online poker sites in many jurisdictions around the world.
888Sport has a lot going for it including competitive odds, lots of different kinds of bets and sports you can wager on, great software and mobile gaming options plus outstanding safety, security and customer support.
In the next sections we’ll explore all the most important features more in-depth.
888Sport Software and Mobile Sports Betting App
Our experts like how the 888Sport site and sportsbook app works for browsing odds and placing bets. The consensus is that it’s robust enough for more advanced gamblers but simple enough for beginners to use too.
When you fire up the 888Sport website or mobile app for the first time you won’t have any problems finding your way around. The simple layout makes it easy to browse all the different sports and leagues and you can drill down further for all the different bets.
You can choose which style of odds you want the site to use and you can also test out bets to see how much they pay out before betting with real money. Just click on the bet and it will automatically be added to your betting slip either as a parlay or as individual wagers.
In our opinion the site’s design looks and works the best on the 888Sport NJ mobile app.
The full site is fine but the mobile app is where the graphics and usability really shine.
You can download the app for Apple and Android devices from the 888Sport New Jersey website.
Software and App Highlights
- Easy to navigate sports, leagues, games and bets.
- Making simple bets is easy for beginners.
- Smooth functionality for placing more complex bets like parlays and round robins.
- Dedicated mobile app with full sports betting options.
- Allows you to choose the style of odds you want displayed site-wide.
Things to Improve
- Website design and layout could be improved to match mobile app.
- White on black design is quite dark. An option to use a brighter theme would be a bonus.
- Our reviewers found that the auto-drop down tool bar frequently got in the way of betting options and navigation.
Bonuses and Deals at 888Sport
The 888 brand has a lot of experience in online gaming, from poker to online casino to sports betting, and part of its formula for success has always been generous bonuses.
The exact deals and offers might vary depending when you sign up but here’s a sample of the kind of welcome bonuses and free bets you can expect at 888Sport NJ.
No Deposit Bonus
Right now 888Sport will give you a $10 Free Bet sportsbook bonus just for registering an account.
You don’t have to deposit a cent but the free bet does come with a few conditions.
First, it’s only open to new players. You can’t just open a new account and get a new free bet. Second, the free bet and any winnings from it must be wagered six times in the first five calendar days after claiming it. These relate to the bonus playthrough requirements. Finally, you can only use for wagers that have -200 odds or higher.
888Sport typically offers a signup bonus that matches you dollar for dollar when you make your first deposit. It usually maxes out at $500 and does come with a few strings attached.
First, when you make your deposit you have to wager the money at least once on bets that have odds of -200 or higher. When those bets are settled, the sportsbook will match the full amount of your deposit.
The second condition is that you have to wager the bonus funds and any winnings generated from it six times in the first 30 days for it to be released to you.
Is There a Promo Code for 888Sport Bonuses?
It is currently not necessary to enter any specific promo code to benefit from any of the bonuses mentioned above, including the sign up bonus.
Should the 888 sportsbook decide to use bonus codes in the future, we will update this section to list all relevant bonus codes.
See how 888’s bonus offerings compare to other NJ sportsbooks by reading our guide to NJ sports betting bonuses.
Kinds of Bets and Odds
When you’re comparing online sportsbooks, it’s not just the variety of sporting events, or betting markets, you can bet on that’s important. The kinds of wagers you can make is also really important.
Some gamblers love to make common bets like moneylines, point spreads and parlay bets on their favorite sports, but for others it’s all about more obscure props and exotics.
Here are the main points that stood out to our reviewers about the kinds of bets you can make at 888Sport NJ:
- There’s a good selection of the most popular wagers and lots of props and live in-game betting options too so there’s really something for everyone.
- Our experts found the variety of bets on all four pro US leagues to be outstanding and since 888Sport is a global brand, the betting options for international popular sports are really strong too.
- The odds and betting lines themselves were competitive with the other major legal online sportsbooks in New Jersey.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the main kinds of bets you can make at 888Sport NJ.
If you’re like most sports gamblers, wagers like moneylines, point spreads and totals probably take up most of your betting slip.
888Sport NJ knows this and displays the most popular bets really clearly on the front page of each sport’s section. You can drill down further by clicking on the match to see more options like props and live betting.
888Sport NJ has an entire section devoted to live betting. It’s really convenient because you can see all the events that are happening live, all in one place.
In-game betting is definitely more entertaining and interactive and we like that 888Sport highlights it with its own section of the website and app.
You can also access live betting odds and lines in each of the individual sports categories. Events happening live are easy to identify and the site also tells you which upcoming games will have live betting options available.
Variety of prop bets is another area that 888Sport has improved a lot in over the years. For major sports like the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL there are tons of props available for every game.
You can bet on game props like which team will score first or player props based on performance stats like rushing or passing yards in football.
888Sport NJ also has a good selection of futures that let you bet on things like which team will win the division or championship later in the season.
Other Betting Options
When you start getting serious about sports betting and really digging into the different bets and strategies, you’ll learn there are tons of more advanced options.
Whether it’s teasers, round robins, buying points on the spread, 888Sport NJ has the functionality built right into its betting platform.
Sports You Can Bet on at 888Sport
In addition to offering lots of bets, this site offers a massive list of different sports you can bet on too.
NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL definitely attracts the majority of the action at 888Sport NJ but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. You can also bet on college and minor US leagues, plus sports and leagues from all over the world.
Here’s a comprehensive list of what sports you can bet on at 888Sport NJ.
- NFL Football
- NBA Basketball
- NHL Hockey
- MLB Baseball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA Basketball
- NCAA Softball
- NCAA Women’s Basketball
- Soccer (MLS, Premier League, Champions League, La Liga, Liga MX and more)
- PGA Golf
- Indy Car
- Horse Racing
- Olympic Games
- Australian Rules
When it comes to different sports, if you can think of it you can probably bet on it on this site.
Options for Deposits and Withdrawals
One great thing about using a fully legal and licensed online sportsbook is how convenient it is to make deposits and withdrawals using your preferred payment method. During our review we found 888Sport New Jersey to offer as many or more banking options than other competing sites.
If you’re wondering what banking methods are accepted at 888Sport NJ, look no further:
- ACH Payments Bank Transfers
- With cash at Caesars Atlantic City Casino
- Visa Credit Cards
- Mastercard Credit Cards
- Online banking transfers from New Jersey bank accounts
- PayNearMe allows cash deposits at 7-Eleven convenience stores
- ACH Payments Bank Transfers
- With cash at Caesars Atlantic City Casino
Payment Methods Comparison
Browse this table to easily compare the pros and cons for all the different transaction options offered by 888Sport NJ.
|Method||Withdrawal Possible||Processing Time||Minimum Deposit||Maximum Deposit||Fees|
|ACH Payments Bank Transfers||Yes||10 minutes (deposits) and up to 6 days (withdrawals)||$10||None||No|
|Neteller||Yes||10 minutes (deposits) and up to 3 days (withdrawals)||$10||None||No|
|Cash at Casino||Yes||Instant||$10||$100,000||No|
|PayPal||Yes||10 minutes (deposits) and up to 4 days (withdrawals)||$10||None||Yes|
|Visa||No||10 minutes (deposits)||$10||$600||No|
|Mastercard||No||10 minutes (deposits)||$10||$600||No|
|Online Banking||No||Up to 24 hours||$10||$1,500||No|
|PayNearMe||No||10 minutes (deposits)||$10||$500 every 24 hours||Yes|
888Sport has a great selection of banking options and since the site is licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, you can rest assured that your money and personal information are both properly protected.
Signup and Registration
Online sportsbooks focus on making the signup process really easy and 888Sport NJ is no exception.
Remember that even though you can sign up for an account from anywhere, you can only place bets when you are physically in New Jersey.
Just follow these easy steps to sign up:
- Use the link on this page to sign up and you’ll be guaranteed the best welcome bonus possible.
- Next you have to choose a username and password for your account. Pick something that’s unique and easy to remember. This is also when you will be asked to provide a valid email address and set up a few security questions.
- The final step is to provide your residential address. You don’t have to live in New Jersey to set up an account. You just have to physically be in New Jersey when you place bets on the site.
- When your account is registered, use one of the options we covered above to make your first deposit, claim your bonus and start betting.
The signup and deposit process at 888Sport NJ is one of the easiest we’ve seen and we like how clear and straightforward each step is. During our tests, everything worked smoothly and we were able to set up an account in minutes.
Security and Gaming License
Since sports betting became legal in New Jersey in 2018, one of the biggest concerns for this new industry has been the safety and security of gamblers.
This really is a different ball game compared to betting with the unlicensed offshore casinos and sportsbooks that used to be the only option for sports bettors in the US.
888Sport NJ is licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement and is required to maintain incredibly high security measures when it comes to the integrity of the software, its online banking transactions and its handling of your personal information.
We’re happy to report that our research shows 888Sport to have an outstanding record when it comes to safety and security. If it didn’t, we wouldn’t recommend signing up and depositing with them.
If something goes wrong, whether it’s during signup, depositing or when you’re making bets, it’s always a big relief to have a helpful customer support department.
888Sport NJ gets a good score for customer support because during out test they were responsive, friendly and cooperative when trying to help us resolve our problems.
Right now the only way to contact support is by email but we hope to see a live chat option added soon.
Things 888Sport Is Doing Right
888 is a big global gaming brand so when it was announced that it would be granted an online sports betting license in New Jersey, we had high expectations. After testing the site and software extensively since the site opened, we’re happy to report that we haven’t been disappointed.
Here’s a look at the things we like most about 888Sport’s New Jersey online sportsbook:
- The site offers really good odds. The payouts that an online sportsbook offers on bets has to be competitive and although 888Sport doesn’t offer the absolute best odds available, the odds are definitely better than average.
- You can get access to special odds and deals. The site posts special deals and promotions that allow you to get even better odds than normal. These offers can make a big difference in the long run.
- Huge variety of bets and sports. 888Sport really shines when it comes to the sheer volume of betting options on the menu. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, this site has you covered.
- Since mobile gaming is so important these days, we were really happy to see that 888Sport NJ has a really good mobile sports betting app.
Things 888Sport Could Work On
No site is perfect and after spending some time testing the site and playing on 888Sport
NJ, these are our biggest complaints:
- The site tends to limit winning players by removing special odds and deals. This can be frustrating but when you’re winning, it’s hard to complain too much.
- The bonuses are generous but we’d love to see the site cut players more slack when it comes to the wagering requirements on bonuses. 888Sport’s conditions are standard for the industry so we think this is one area they could really stand out.
- Right now 888Sport has a good welcome bonus but it only applies to your first deposit. We’d love to see more reload bonuses that reward players for making future deposits after they’ve signed up.
- We’d like to see more options for contacting customer support. Live chat and phone options would be ideal.
888Sport NJ Company History
888 is one of the true old-school brands in the online gambling world. It was first formed all the way back in 1997 in the British Virgin Islands and back then it was called Virtual Holdings Limited.
In the same year, the company came out with its first gambling website: Casino-on-Net which was based in Antigua.
In 2002 the company launched a second online casino called Reef Club Casino and an online poker room called Pacific Poker.
888Sport launched in 2008 but it wasn’t until 2018 that it would be granted a license to operate in the United States. Following the landmark US Supreme Court decision to repeal the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act, New Jersey legalized sports betting and 888Sport NJ was formed.
The Final Word on 888Sport NJ
With legal online sports betting exploding in popularity in New Jersey, there are lots of good options for online sportsbooks. 888Sport NJ has definitely earned a spot near the top of the list.
With a slick website and mobile betting app, tons of sports to choose from, lots of betting options including live betting, props, futures, parlays and lots more, 888Sport NJ has a lot to offer.
Since legal sports betting is so new in the US, some companies are just starting out and still have a few things to learn. 888 has been in the sports betting game for over a decade which means they’ve had plenty of time to iron out the kinks.
When the site and app launched in New Jersey in 2018 it really benefited from the company’s years of experience offering online sports betting in other jurisdictions. That affected everything from the way the site looks and works to the kinds of odds and bets that are available.
The downsides of 888Sport NJ are hard to spot but there are a few key areas we hope to see improvement in.
Our reviewers found that the full website doesn’t quite stand up to the mobile sports betting app. The site has a responsive design that scales to fit your browser but some of the layouts are a bit awkward to use depending on the size of your screen.
The app, on the other hand, looks and works great on smartphones and tablets. With the majority of betting being done on mobile it makes sense that the site has focused its efforts there.
One other area that can be problematic for more serious gamblers is how 888Sport has been known to restrict big winners from accessing the best odds. The good news is that for that vast majority of recreational bettors, this is never going to be an issue.
The final area we’d like to see the site work on is introducing deposit bonuses that extend past the first initial deposit when you sign up.
Overall the positives massively outweigh the negatives which is why we’ve given 888Sport New Jersey one of the top scores for online bookmakers in the state.
Make sure to use the signup link on this page so you don’t miss out on the best possible bonus.
888Sport NJ FAQs
Is 888Sport NJ legal to bet with?
Yes, as long as you’re in New Jersey when you place your bets. 888Sport NJ is licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement and is 100% legal and safe to use.
Can you bet on mobile with 888Sport NJ?
Yes. You can download a mobile app that works for Apple and Android smartphones and tablets. You can download the app in the Google Play or App Stores.
Do you have to be in New Jersey to bet with 888Sport NJ?
Yes. Even though you can set up your account from anywhere, you have to physically be in New Jersey in order to place bets.
Does 888Sport NJ offer a no deposit bonus or free bets?
Yes, usually. The exact bonuses and offers change over time but there’s almost always a no-deposit bonus or free bet available when you first sign up.
Does 888Sport NJ have good odds?
Yes. Our experts found that 888Sport NJ has good odds compared to other similar sites in New Jersey.
Does 888’s NJ sportsbook have a phone number I can call for support?
At the moment, there is no phone number listed on 888Sport’s New Jersey website. You can, however, use a contact form to get in touch with the sportsbook and get support.
There is also a comprehensive FAQ section on their website where you will probably find answers to all your queries.
Other Legal Sportsbooks in New Jersey
Read through our expert reviews of other NJ sportsbooks listed below, so you can compare them and find the one that suits your needs best.
- DraftKings Sportsbook
- FanDuel Sportsbook
- BetStars NJ
- William Hill
- Caesars Sportsbook (Caesars Casino)
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook
- Hard Rock AC