Los Angeles Dodgers vs Milwaukee Brewers: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Miller Park, Milwaukee, WI
When: Thursday, April 18th at 8:10 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): MLB Network, Dodgers TV/Radio: SportsNet LA, KLAC 570 AM. Brewers TV/Radio: Fox Sports Wisconsin, WTMJ 103.3 FM.
Los Angeles Dodgers
After winning ten of their first 18 games, the Dodgers are welcoming back starters Clayton Kershaw and Rich Hill to bolster their struggling rotation.
In his first start back on Monday night, Kershaw threw seven innings and only allowed two runs.
Los Angeles currently holds 3-1 odds to win the NL Pennant and have 6-1 odds to win the 2019 World Series.
Christian Yelich has been electric in April with seven homers through Monday after a three HR, 7 RBI game against the Cardinals.
Milwaukee loves playing at Miller Park, where they have started 5-2 this season and won 51 games a year ago.
The Brewers are 7-1 favorites to win the National League title and 14-1 to win the 2019 World Series.
Los Angeles Dodgers: Julio Urias (0-1, 5.27 ERA)
The left-handed Urias, just 22 years old, was yet to go over five innings in a start this season for the Dodgers.
Urias was blasted by the Brewers in his last start, giving up six earned runs.
Most of the damage in the loss came via home runs by the Brewers’ Hernan Perez and Yasmani Grandal.
- Despite his struggles, Urias is only allowing a .236 average to opposing hitters.
- The Dodgers starter has 13 strikeouts in 13.2 innings pitched in 2019.
- Urias has always had trouble walking batters and this season is no different as he has five walks in his first 13.2 innings.
Brewers: Zach Davies (2-0, 1.53 ERA)
With three starts in his four appearances this season, Davies has kept the ball in the park, although he hasn’t kept the bases clear.
Davies has given up 17 hits and six walks in 17.2 innings this season, good for an underwhelming 1.30 WHIP.
- Davies has won his last two starts, allowing just one earned run in 12.2 innings.
- In his last start, Davies struck out six in seven innings over 94 pitches.
- The Brewers right-hander has 13 strikeouts in 17.2 innings.
Los Angeles Dodgers
Los Angeles has succeeded with the long ball by hitting 25 homers in their first 11 home games.
The Dodgers have scored 72 runs in their 11 Chavez Ravine contests for an average of 6.6 runs per game.
- SS Corey Seager has the most experience against Davies, with three hits in 14 at-bats, including a homer.
- 3B Justin Turner has been kept in check by the Brewers starter going 3 for 12 with a homer.
- OF Cody Bellinger is 3 for 6 against Davies with a solo home run.
Even though some in the Milwaukee lineup is struggling, Christian Yelich continues to lead the Brewers’ strong offense.
Through nine games at Miller Park in 2019, the Brewers have scored 6.8 runs per game.
- OF Ryan Braun has had the most success against Urias, going 3 for 7 with a double.
- In his lone matchup against Urias, OF Christian Yelich is 0 for 3.
- Former Urias teammate, Yasmani Grandal went 2 for 3 against the Dodgers lefty in last weeks game.
Los Angeles Dodgers
- Catcher Russell Martin has lower back issues causing the team to put him on the 10-day IL.
- With a rehab start on the horizon, SP Rich Hill is close to returning from a knee strain.
- Hyun-Jin Ryu is rehabbing a strained groin and could be back in a few weeks.
- SP Jimmy Nelson is slowly recovering from shoulder surgery and could return in a month.
- RP Jeremy Jeffress is on the verge of returning from shoulder pain to help the Brewers bullpen.
- Closer Corey Knebel recently underwent Tommy John surgery and is out for the season.
The odds will be updated as soon as they are made available by the sportsbooks. In the meanwhile, if you reside in New Jersey you can bet on your favorite MLB team, here:
|Betting Site||Bonus||Rating||Bet Now|
|DraftKings||UP TO $500 FREE BET*||9.1/10|
|BetStars||UP TO $500 RISK FREE BET||9.2/10|
* 21+ | NJ only | If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER