New York Red Bulls vs Chicago Fire: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Red Bull Arena, New York, NY
When: Friday, June 28th at 8:00 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): TV: MLS Live on ESPN+. NY Red Bulls Radio: www.newyorkredbulls.com/matchday/radio, Chicago Fire Radio: 93.5 FM.
New York Red Bulls
The Red Bulls hold a record of 7-6-3 (W-L-D) in their 16 matches this season.
New York has scored 27 goals against the 19 they have conceded. The Red Bulls have 24 points and stand alone in 5th place in the Eastern Conference.
New York Red Bulls have risen to 16-1 odds to win the MLS.
Through 17 games, the Fire have a record of 4-6-7 (W-L-D) with 25 goals scored and 24 goals allowed.
Chicago is on the bubble of a playoff spot, sitting in 8th place in the Eastern Conference with a total of 19 points.
The Fire are 66-1 to win the MLS Championship in November.
New York Red Bulls: Luis Robles (6-6-3, 1.07 goals allowed per game)
In his last match against Philadelphia, Robles had his worst game of the season, allowing three goals on seven shots.
The New York keeper has faced 23 shots in his last five matches, posting three clean sheets, while allowing just five goals.
- In games Robles has faced four or less shots, the keeper is only 5-4-1.
- Robles has made 18 saves against the 23 shots on goal over his last five games.
- For the Red Bulls, Robles has stepped up and posted four clean sheets in 2019.
Chicago: Kenneth Kronholm (0-1-2, 2.00 goals allowed per game)
Kronholm has taken over the starting keeper job from David Ousted for the Fire and posted one loss and three draws in his four starts.
The Chicago keeper has faced 16 shots on goals in his four appearances, surrendering seven of the shots into the net.
- In his last start against Real Salt Lake, Kronholm only faced two shots on goal, allowing just a penalty kick to score.
- The 33-year old veteran has nine saves in his four matches this season.
- Kronholm has an underwhelming save percentage of 58%, unless that changes, expect Ousted to get another shot in goal.
Players to Watch
New York Red Bulls
Forward Brian White has four goals in only nine appearances to lead the Red Bulls in scoring this season.
Michael Amir Murillo has five assists to lead New York, while midfielder Daniel Royer is second on the team with four.
- In 13 appearances, Alex Muyl is third on the team with two goals.
- Royer and Muyl have two home goals this year to the lead the Red Bulls.
- Royer has 11 shots on goal in 13 appearances to lead the club on the year.
The Fire are lead in goals scored by CJ Sapong with six in sixteen appearances. Forward Nemanja Nikolic is the runner-up with five goals in fifteen matches.
Midfielder Nicolas Gaitan leads the the Fire with five assists.
- Aleksandar Katai leads the Fire with 59 shots, while only 19 have found the goal. The midfielder has scored only four on the year despite the high volume.
- Sapong leads the Fire in road goals with three in 16 appearances.
- Gaitan, Nikolic and Sapong all have game-winning goals this year for the Fire.
Last Five Games
New York Red Bulls
- New York is 3-1-1 in their last five games.
- New York has two clean sheets over their last five matches.
- The Red Bulls has a plus-six goal differential over their last five games.
- The Fire are 0-2-3 in their last five matches.
- Chicago has a minus-5 goal differential in their last five MLS matches.
- Chicago has not won a game since May 11th, a streak of five matches.
Place a bet here, if you reside in New Jersey:
|Sportsbook||New York Red Bulls||Tie||Chicago Fire||Link|
* 21+ | NJ only | If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER