New York Rangers vs Ottawa Senators: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch Rangers vs Senators
Where: Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa, Canada
When: Friday, November 22th at 7:30 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): ESPN+. Ottawa TV/Radio: TSN, TSN 1200AM. New York TV/Radio: MSG, ESPN 98.7 FM.
New York Rangers
New York is one of four teams in the Eastern Conference that have yet to score 20 points on the season, alongside Ottawa, New Jersey and Detroit.
The Rangers are 3-4-0 on the road and have lost their last three road games.
The Rangers stands at +5000 to take the Eastern Conference and +10000 to win the Stanley Cup.
Ottawa has posted 19 points in their 21 games thus far in the 2019-20 season with just nine wins and one overtime loss.
This is the third and final matchup between Ottawa and the Rangers for the season, with both teams taking one game each thus far.
Ottawa stands at +25000 to take the Eastern Conference and +50000 to win the Stanley Cup.
New York Rangers: Henrik Lundqvist (4-3-1, 3.23 goals allowed)
Lundqvist is allowing 3.54 goals per contest through his first 11 appearances in net for the Rangers.
- Lundqvist has lost three straight starts, surrendering 13 goals over that stretch.
- For the month of November, the Rangers’ starting goalie has a 90.4% save percentage and has allowed 16 goals in five starts.
- Despite playing Ottawa twice this season, Lundqvist has yet to face the Senators.
Ottawa Senators: Craig Anderson (2-5-0, 3.09 goals allowed)
Anderson has won just two of his last nine starts and is conceding to his backup, Anders Nilsson.
- In November, Anderson has won just one of his five starts and allowed 18 goals.
- At home, Anderson is much better, allowing just two goals per game with a 93% save percentage on the season.
- In his only appearance against the Rangers, Anderson allowed four goals, saving 26 of 30 shots in a 4-1 loss in early October.
Stats to Watch
New York Rangers
The Rangers rank 14th in the NHL for road goals per game at 2.86, scoring 27 goals in seven games.
- New York is allowing the 2nd most shots per road game, behind only Chicago, as the club surrenders 37 shots per contest away from MSG.
- On the road, the Rangers rank 25th in the league at shots taken per game with 27.
- Center Danny O’Regan was placed on the injury reserve this week with a lower body injury.
At home, Ottawa is tied for 23rd in the league, with Anaheim and Los Angeles, scoring 3 goals per contest.
- Ottawa’s offense ranks 24th in the league with 30.3 shots per contest, opponents averaging 31 shots per game on the ice at Canadian Tire Centre.
- Ottawa is dead last in the NHL with just six power play goals in 72 chances, making them the only team in the league with a conversion rate lower than 10%.
- The Senators announced that Bobby Ryan has taken leave from the team to participate in the NHL’s player assistance program. His return date is unknown.
Last Five Games
New York Rangers
- New York has lost three of their last four games, including their last three on the road.
- Over the Rangers’ three-game road losing streak they have been outscored 19-11.
- New York has allowed four or more goals in three of their last four games.
- Ottawa has begun to catch fire, winning five of their last seven games in November.
- The Senators have won four straight home games by the combined score of 14-6.
- Ottawa has allowed only two or less goals in each of the games during their four-game home winning streak.
New York Rangers vs Ottawa Senators – Game Odds
|Sportsbook||NY Rangers||OTT Senators|