Milwaukee Brewers vs New York Mets: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Miller Park, Milwaukee, WI
When: Saturday, May 4th at 7:10 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): Mets TV/Radio: SNY, WCBS 880 AM. Brewers TV/Radio: Fox Sports Wisconsin, WTMJ 103.3 FM.
New York Mets
The Mets hit the road after a nine-game homestand with a bullpen in tatters and an rotation that is struggling.
On the road this season, the Mets pitching staff has allowed a .274 average and posted a 4.97 ERA.
The Mets are at 12-1 to win the National League and 20-1 to take the World Series.
The Brewers offense is scuttling after the recent loss of Christian Yelich to a bad back. Yelich should be back next week but plans to miss the Mets series.
Milwaukee loves playing at Miller Park, winning ten of their first 17 games at home this season with 38 homers and a .266 batting average.
The Brewers have 9-1 odds to win the NL crown and 20-1 odds to win the 2019 World Series title.
New York Mets: Zack Wheeler (2-2, 5.05 ERA)
Coming off his best start of the season on April 23rd, Wheeler regressed in his last start against Cincinnati, allowing four runs in six innings.
The Mets starter has definitely been a Jekyll and Hyde-type pitcher in 2019 with a staggering 1.40 WHIP leading to his bloated ERA figure.
- In his start against Cincy on April 29th, Wheeler only struck out four batters in his six innings.
- Wheeler failed to throw over 100 pitches in his last start, the first time thats happened in his last four starts.
- Opposing hitters are batting .248 against the Mets starter this season.
Milwaukee Brewers: Zach Davies (3-0, 1.38 ERA)
Davies has had a superb April for Milwaukee, leading all of baseball in ERA.
The Brewers starter is allowing too many runners on base with a WHIP of 1.48 this season, so expect some runners to score soon against the right-hander.
- Davies has only allowed two runs over his last 15 innings of work.
- In his last start, Davies held the Rockies scoreless through 5.1 innings.
- Davies has not lifted his low career strikeout rate with only 21 Ks in 32.2 innings this season.
New York Mets
The Mets are hitting .262 away from Citi Field this season through 16 games.
They have generated 50 extra base hits on the road, with 30 doubles, three triples, and 17 home runs in 2019.
- 3B Todd Frazier is 3 for 5 against Davies with two homers and three RBI.
- OF Brandon Nimmo is 3 for 3 against the Brewers starter with two doubles and one triple in his career.
- Against right-handed hitters, Davies has allowed a .239 average.
Over the last two season, Milwaukee has generated a lot of runs at Miller Park.
This season is no exception as the Brewers are slugging a whopping .518 with 20 doubles and one triple to add to their 38 home runs in the first 17 home games of 2019.
- OF Ryan Braun is 0 for 3 against the Mets righty and could find the bench as a result in this matchup.
- 1B Jesus Aguilar is 2 for 3 versus Wheeler with one homer and four RBI.
- C Yasmani Grandal is 2 for 9 against the Mets starter with a solo homer and two strikeouts.
New York Mets
- RP Jeurys Familia has hit the 10-day IL with a sore elbow after pitching poorly in recent weeks.
- RP Justin Wilson is on the 10-day IL with elbow soreness.
- INF Jed Lowrie is slowly recovering from offseason knee surgery but has taken live batting practice.
- 2B Mike Moustakas has returned from a fractured finger that has kept him most of last week.
- OF Christian Yelich does not expect to play in this series against the Mets due to a bad lower back.
- SP Jimmy Nelson is on the verge of his first rehab start as he returns from shoulder surgery.
The odds for the Brewers vs Mets game will be updated as soon as they are made available by the sportsbooks. Until then, you can still bet on MLB as long as you are in New Jersey. Here are the sportsbooks where you can place your bets:
|Betting Site||Bonus||Rating||Bet Now|
|DraftKings||UP TO $500 FREE BET*||9.1/10|
|BetStars||UP TO $500 RISK FREE BET||9.2/10|
* 21+ | NJ only | If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER