NYCFC vs Houston Dynamo: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Yankee Stadium, New York City, New York
When: Thursday, August 8th at 7:00 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): TV: ESPN+. NYCFC TV/Radio: MSG, WNYE 91.5 FM. Houston TV/Radio: KUBE, KLAT 1010 AM.
New York City FC
New York City FC has a record of 9-4-8 (W-L-D) through 21 games this year.
NYCFC has scored 37 goals against the 27 theyve allowed. The club has 35 points, despite playing four fewer games than Philadelphia, the Eastern leader at 42 points.
New York City FC has the third highest odds to win the MLS title at 9-1.
Houston holds a record of 9-11-3 (W-L-D) through 23 games of the season.
The Dynamo have scored 32 goals against 36 theyve surrendered. They have 30 points this season and stand alone in 9th place in the Western Conference.
Houstons odds have dropped dramatically to 60-1 odds to win the MLS title in November.
New York City FC: Sean Johnson (6-3-8, 1.29 goals allowed per game)
Johnson allowed three goals on four shots in NYCFCs 3-1 loss to Real Salt Lake last weekend.
- In his four matches since returning from the Gold Cup, Johnson has allowed seven goals on 16 shots.
- The NYCFC keeper has made just eight saves in his last four starts.
- Johnson has not posted a clean sheet since his May 11th game against the LA Galaxy.
Houston: Tyler Deric (1-3-0, 2.00 goals allowed per game)
Deric has started the last four games of the season after taking the starting job away from Joe Willis.
- Deric has been fantastic over his last three matches, allowing just one goal per game.
- In his last game, Deric held Chicago to one goal on three shots with one save.
- Over his last three matches, Deric has surrendered three goals on nine shots.
Players to Watch
Alexander Ring scored early for NYCFC but an offensive drought for the rest of the match caused a 3-1 loss to Real Salt Lake.
- Heber leads the club with nine goals in 14 appearances in 2019 for NYCFC.
- Maxi Moralez leads the MLS in assists with 13 in 18 games this year.
- Moralez and Heber also lead the club with four home goals each.
Houston has not scored a goal over their last two matches against Chicago and Seattle.
- Alberth Elis leads the Dynamo with two road goals this season. He also has seven assists on the year to lead the club.
- Mauro Manotas has scored just one of his eight goals on the road this season.
- Manotas leads the team in game-winning goals with four in 2019.
Last Five Games
New York City FC
- New York FC 2-3-0 in their last five matches.
- New York has a minus-1 goal differential in their last five games.
- NYCFC has scored seven goals in their last five matches.
- Houston has a record of 1-4-0 over their last five matches.
- In their last five matches, the Dynamo have scored just four goals.
- Houstons goal differential in their last five games is minus-7.
* 21+ | NJ only | If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER