Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl Wins
- The Super Bowl IV championship was the first Lombardi Trophy for the KC Chiefs
- Kansas City’s second Super Bowl Win didn’t happen for another half a century
- For Super Bowl LV, the Chiefs are favored to beat the Tampa Bay Bucs by a field goal
Chiefs vs Buccaneers Odds
Odds taken 01 Feb, 2021 from DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Kansas City Chiefs||-3 |
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||+3 |
Odds from DraftKings. Get up to a $1,000 sign-up bonus at DraftKings today or check out more offers and promo codes for the best online sportsbooks.
Last year’s NFL Super Bowl LIV Champions were the Kansas City Chiefs, and they are in a position to win that prestigious title once again on February 7 if they can somehow manage to beat Tom Brady and his talented Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Here we go over the history of the Chiefs franchise in terms of past Super Bowl glory, and if you are itching to place a bet on this playmaker-packed team, have a look at our in-depth coverage of the game right here: Super Bowl LV Predictions & Betting Odds [Chiefs vs Buccaneers]. And take a look at the best sportsbook bonuses for the Super Bowl LV.
In the meantime, here are some of your Frequently Asked Questions when it comes to the Kansas City Chiefs and the quest for the Lombardi Trophy and ring.
How Many Super Bowl Wins Do the Chiefs Have?
The Kansas City Chiefs have been a football franchise since 1960, and their Super Bowl IV championship was their first and came after the 1969 regular season when led by quarterback Len Dawson, they beat the Minnesota Vikings by a final score of 23-7.
The team’s second and only other Super Bowl win was not until after the 2019 season when young quarterback Patrick Mahomes took the team all the way against the San Francisco 49ers and won Super Bowl LIV by a score of 31-20.
Should they win Super Bowl LV vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers, it would be their third franchise championship.
How Many Times Have the Chiefs Made It to the Super Bowl?
Aside from the two Super Bowl wins mentioned above, the Chiefs also went to the final game of the season back in 1966 when they won the first-ever Super Bowl to the Green Bay Packers by the lopsided score of 35-10.
The Chiefs were part of the American Football League (AFL) back then and didn’t join the NFL until 1970 when they joined the AFC West division of that newly formed league where they have found a home ever since.
What Is the Record for Consecutive Chiefs Super Bowl Wins?
If the Chiefs were to win Super Bowl LV, they would become the eighth football franchise to post a repeat Big Game win in consecutive seasons.
The current record for consecutive Super Bowl wins is two and is shared by these seven franchises:
- Green Bay Packers (1966–1967)
- Miami Dolphins (1972–1973)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (1974–1975 and 1978–1979
- San Francisco 49ers (1988–1989)
- Dallas Cowboys (1992–1993)
- Denver Broncos (1997–1998)
- New England Patriots (2003–2004)
The Patriots and the Steelers are both tied for the most total Super Bowls with six.
Which Chiefs Players Have Been Super Bowl MVP?
In each of the two Chiefs Super Bowl wins, the team has named a quarterback as their Most Valuable Player.
In 1969 after their Super Bowl IV victory, that honor went to Len Dawson, the pro bowl hurler and former NFL Man of the Year who posted a lifetime touchdown to interception ratio of 239-183 and a passer rating of 82.6.
In 2020 after the Chiefs Super Bowl LIV win, the team made Patrick Mahomes the game’s MVP in just his third NFL season, and now the 25-year old 3x Pro Bowler has the chance to win that award once again.
Who Are the Top-3 Historically Famous Chiefs Players?
- Len Dawson (1963–75), who right now sits atop the list of QBs in Kansas City as the greatest QB in franchise history (not including Mahomes just yet) after becoming the franchise leader in passing yards (28,507), passing touchdowns (237) and wins (93).
- Tony Gonzalez (19who97–2008), who is considered the greatest tight end in both Chiefs and NFL history, the team’s leader in receiving yards (10,940), receiving touchdowns (76), and total receptions (916).
- Derrick Thomas (1989–99), an outside linebacker who was drafted fourth overall in the 1989 NFL draft and who is all time the franchise sacks leader with 126.5.
What Does the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl LIV Ring Look Like?
First look at the Chiefs’ Super Bowl LIV ring ?
— NFL (@NFL) September 1, 2020
The face of each Super Bowl LIV ring contains 234 diamonds, and this invaluable ring was recently appraised at an estimated $20,419.
That number is significant because it is the sum total of all the seasons played by the Chiefs (60) and the NFL (100), the Chiefs’ postseason berths (22), Super Bowl titles (2), and the years between the Super Bowl wins (50).
The inside surface of each ring features the individual player’s signature and the scores of the Chiefs’ playoff wins.
Don’t miss out on our Super Bowl Pick ’em Contest, it’s your last chance to win a $500 Amazon voucher!
More NFL Predictions & Odds
Mike Lukas is a retired standup comedian turned freelance writer now living in Dallas, Texas, originally from Cleveland, Ohio. His love for the game of football and all things Cleveland Browns turned Mike into a pro blogger years ago. Now Mike enjoys writing about all thirty-two NFL teams, hoping to help football gamblers gain a slight edge in their pursuit of the perfect wager. Email: [email protected]