Tom Brady Super Bowl Wins - Appearances, Losses & Rings
- Once again, GOAT QB Tom Brady finds himself back in the final matchup of the season
- So far, Brady has nine Super Bowl appearances, his start in SB LV will be his tenth
- Brady has half a dozen Super Bowl victories, most ever out of any other NFL player
Up to CAN$100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit CAN$5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.Bet restrictions and T&Cs apply. New and eligible customers only. 18+. Fixed odds.
How to Watch QB Tom Brady’s 10th Super Bowl Appearance
|Chiefs vs Buccaneers Information|
|What||Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Where||Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida|
|When||Sunday, February 7, 2021; 6:30 PM ET|
|How to watch||CBS|
In his twenty NFL seasons, GOAT quarterback Tom Brady has an ever-expanding list of accomplishments, awards, and accolades, but none as impressive as his tendency to show up repeatedly in the biggest game of the NFL season, the Super Bowl.
The 43-year old Brady seems ageless and his throwing arm seems almost invincible, and once again the old man has figured out how to get himself back into the final matchup of the season, this time against the AFC Champion Kansas City Chiefs.
Here we take a look at the incredible postseason accomplishments of arguably the best player to have ever stepped onto an NFL field.
How Many Super Bowl Appearances Does Tom Brady Have?
So far, Brady has nine Super Bowl appearances:
- SB XXXVI vs St. Louis Rams (2001)
- SB XXXVIII vs Carolina Panthers (2003)
- SB XXXIX vs Philadelphia Eagles (2004)
- SB XLII vs NY Giants (2007)
- SB XLVI vs NY Giants (2011)
- SB XLIX vs Seattle Seahawks (2014)
- SB LI vs Atlanta Falcons (2016)
- SB LII Philadelphia Eagles (2017)
- SB LIII Los Angeles Rams (2018)
After Sunday’s appearance in Super Bowl LV vs Kansas City Chiefs (2021), that will make it an even ten.
No other player in the history of the NFL has been to that many Big Games.
How Many Super Bowl Wins Does Tom Brady Have?
So far, Brady only has half a dozen Super Bowl victories, the most out of any other NFL player in the history of the league.
Here are those six Championships that Tom Brady and his head coach Bill Belichick amassed:
- SB XXXVI (2001) – New England defeated St. Louis, 20-17
- SB XXXVIII (2003) – New England defeated Carolina, 32-29
- SB XXXIX (2004) – New England defeated Philadelphia, 24-21
- SB XLIX (2014) – New England defeated Seattle, 28-24
- SB LI (2016) – New England defeated Atlanta, 34-28
- SB LIII (2018) – New England defeated Los Angeles, 13-3
What Were Tom Brady’s Three Super Bowl Losses?
Here are the three Big Games that Brady and his Patriots failed to win:
- SB XLII (2007) – NY Giants win against New England, 17-14
- SB XLVI (2011) – NY Giants win against New England, 21-17
- SB LII (2017) – Philadelphia defeated New England, 41-33
How Old Was Tom Brady When He Won His First Super Bowl?
Back in 2002, a 25-year-old Tom Brady led his Patriots to a 20–17 victory over the St. Louis Rams at what was then called the Louisiana Superdome, earning himself and the New England football franchise their first-ever world title.
Brady was relatively quiet in that matchup, only throwing one touchdown pass, which was an eight-yarder to wide receiver David Patten in the second quarter.
Chances are the GOAT will be a lot busier against these Chiefs on Sunday, KC’s 16th ranked defense the only real crack in their otherwise powerful armor.
- Who Was Vince Lombardi, the Namesake of the Super Bowl Trophy?
- 7 Interesting Facts About the First Super Bowl
- Best Super Bowl Commercials Sports Edition
Have Any Other NFL QB’s Started in the Super Bowl For 2 Different Teams?
Yes, three other NFL quarterbacks started in the Super Bowl for two different teams:
- Peyton Manning (Colts and Broncos)
- Craig Morton (Cowboys and Broncos)
- Kurt Warner (Rams and Cardinals)
What Other NFL QB Has Started in the Next Most Super Bowls?
The only other NFL quarterback who even comes close to Tom Brady’s (about to be) ten Super Bowl starts is the great John Elway.
Elway, playing for the Denver Broncos, played in five Super Bowls, winning two of those (XXXII & XXXIII).
Former Bills and Broncos defensive lineman Mike Lodish and Titan’s placekicker Stephen Gostkowski (who was Brady’s old teammate with the Patriots) have both played in 6 Super Bowls apiece.
Why Are Tom Brady’s Six Super Bowl Rings So Unique?
Aside from the original Super Bowl rings themselves being invaluable limited editions, Brady’s collection of six of them is one-of-a-kind for an entirely different reason.
That’s because after winning a sixth Big Game with the Patriots’ victory in Super Bowl 53, Brady now has more championship rings than any player in NFL history.
The seventh championship with a Super Bowl LV win would up this Brady accomplishment by one more ring and make that honor even more impossible to catch.
What Do Tom Brady’s Six Super Bowl Rings Look Like?
The frustrating thing about owning six Super Bowl rings must be that the occasions for wearing all of them at once are rare.
Leave it to GOAT Tom Brady to find a way. Here is the six-time world champion modeling all half dozen of his rare jewelry pieces, a collection of expensive rings that no other players in the history of the NFL has ever assembled.
Take a look at our Super Bowl Pick ’em Contest, it’s your last chance to win a $500 Amazon voucher!
More NFL Predictions & Odds
Mike Lukas is a retired standup comedian turned freelance writer now living in Dallas, Texas, originally from Cleveland, Ohio. His love for the game of football and all things Cleveland Browns turned Mike into a pro blogger years ago. Now Mike enjoys writing about all thirty-two NFL teams, hoping to help football gamblers gain a slight edge in their pursuit of the perfect wager. Email: [email protected]