William Hill NJ Sportsbook Promo Code & App Review
Sportsbooks don’t come much more prestigious than William Hill. The sportsbook is one of the most recognizable names in sports betting.
$500 Risk-Free Bet
21+ | Terms and conditions apply
Register with William Hill using bonus code "WSNRF". If you lose your first bet, earn a FREE Bet in equal value up to $500!
- Clear and logical navigation between sports, leagues, and bets
- Uncluttered and simple enough for beginners
- Clunky search function
- Promo information not displayed prominently
If you want to sign up for one of the best New Jersey online sports betting sites, William Hill NJ is definitely worth considering.
In this William Hill NJ expert review, we take a deep dive into all of the site’s most important features.
Our experts have gone over the William Hill website and app with a fine-toothed comb, and we are here to explain to you exactly why we think you should make the decision to sign up with William Hill’s online sportsbook.
We cover a lot of ground in this review, including:
- The betting markets and kinds of bets you can make at William Hill.
- The usability of the site’s software and mobile app.
- Step by step instructions for signing up, making your first deposit, and placing your first wager.
We’ll go over all the things William Hill does well and we’ll also point out a few areas we think William Hill NJ could improve.
We’ll also give you a special link to sign up for William Hill NJ to make sure you get a valuable welcome bonus when you deposit.
Everything you need to know about William Hill New Jersey is right here so keep reading.
William Hill NJ at a Glance
|William Hill Sportsbook Information|
|William Hill bonus promo code||WSNRF|
|Welcome bonus||$500 Risk-Free bet|
|Land-based partners||Oceans Resort and Monmouth Race Park|
William Hill NJ began operating in the state of New Jersey in September 2018, when the sportsbook signed deals with the Ocean Resort Casino in Atlantic City and the Monmouth Race Park & Sportsbook in Monmouth Park in Oceanport. It is also operating land-based sports gambling at the Tropicana Casino & Resort in Atlantic City.
The sportsbook comes with an international reputation and a fully formed online presence.
Those deals were signed in the wake of the landmark Supreme Court decision in May 2018, when the federal ban on sports betting known as PASPA was removed. New Jersey wasted no time in legalizing sports betting, and the number of sports betting options, both online and offline, has been growing ever since.
William Hill was one of the first sites to get up and running and it’s been growing in popularity ever since. There’s a reason Will Hill has been one of the biggest bookmakers in the world for years and we’re going to break it all down in this review.
Here are the main things to know about William Hill NJ:
- William Hill NJ has a full range of betting on a wide variety of sports.
- The online sportsbook is fully licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Entertainment.
- In order to bet using William Hill NJ, you must be physically located in New Jersey.
- The online sportsbook operates in partnership with two New Jersey casinos – Oceans Resort and Monmouth Race Park.
- William Hill has an international reputation as one of the biggest online betting companies in the world.
William Hill is a valuable addition to the New Jersey sports betting scene. The sportsbook features competitive odds, a wide variety of sports, effective and easy-to-use software.
And if you’re wondering if William Hill is safe to use, the answer is a resounding yes. Since it is licensed and regulated in the US it’s subject to strict rules and regulations.
Let’s take a look a more in-depth look at some of the sportsbook’s features.
William Hill NJ Software and Mobile Sports Betting App
Our experts were impressed with both the William Hill NJ website and app. We found them to be easy to navigate and simple to use, especially for beginners.
The layout is simple – you can find a list of sports in the panel on the left-hand side of the page which you can click through to find all the leagues and bets associated with that sport.
The light-blue and white color scheme is bright and clear, and you can even select your preferred odds format.
The “Bet Slip” feature lets you test out bets and stakes before actually placing the wager.
The William Hill NJ app is a great compliment to the site. The sportsbook has succeeded in scaling down the website to the mobile format, and placing bets on your phone is quick and easy.
You can download the app for both Apple and Android devices from the William Hill NJ website, or from app stores. See how William Hill’s app ranks against the best sports betting apps in 2021.
Software and App Highlights
- Clear and logical navigation between sports, leagues, and bets.
- Uncluttered and simple enough for beginners.
- Easy to transition from placing single bets to parlays and other bets, with an intelligent Bet Slip feature.
- App matches website in terms of betting options.
- Easy to navigate to in-play betting quickly accessible from the homepage.
Things to Improve
- Special offers and boosted odds could be displayed more prominently on the homepage.
- The search function is a little clunky. Rather than opening a new window, it would be smoother to integrate a search bar on the homepage.
- Simplicity is prioritized – some bettors may prefer a more flashy style of a sportsbook.
Bonuses and Deals at William Hill NJ
All of the new online sportsbooks that have cropped up in New Jersey come with various bonuses to entice new members, and William Hill NJ is no different.
The deals and bonuses tend to change regularly, but you can always expect something to sweeten the deal for new members. Make sure you sign up using our links to get the best bonus available.
Here is an idea of the kind of bonuses available at William Hill NJ.
Bet $50, Get $50 Sign-Up Bonus
Sign-up and deposit bonuses are very common. They often take the form of the sportsbook matching your first deposit or first bet, in the form of free bets for the same value. William Hill NJ has gone one better.
Instead of matching your initial bets with free bets, William Hill New Jersey will simply credit your account with cash, up to $50. That’s a free $50, as long as you make bets totaling $50 within the first 60 days of your membership.
Existing Member Bonuses
While the Get $50 bonus is only available to new members, William Hill NJ also has a range of bonuses aimed at keeping existing members happy. Players are regularly emailed out bonus codes for free bets, special offers or deposit bonuses.
Every bet you make will also earn you points for the William Hill Rewards Club. Over time you can build up enough points to make free bets or enter other promotions.
The best sportsbooks keep their members happy and interested over time with regular promotions and offers, and with the Rewards Club, William Hill addresses this well.
Check out our complete guide to NJ sportsbook promotions for more bonuses and promo codes.
Kinds of Bets and Odds at William Hill NJ
Finding a sportsbook that works for you means figuring out whether you will be able to make the kind of bets that you want, on the sports that you want.
When our experts explored the range of bets available with William Hill, they came to two conclusions:
- William Hill NJ is a great option for beginning bettors. The most popular markets and odds are prioritized on both the website and the app, and simple betting is easy to get the hang of.
- Those looking for a wide range of exotics and prop bets might be disappointed. William Hill has not prioritized the more obscure bets, instead of focusing on doing the basics well.
Those are our main takeaways, but let’s take a closer look at the kind of betting on offer at William Hill NJ.
William Hill NJ has all the popular bets you could need.
We are also happy to report that the odds on offer from William Hill were fairly competitive with the other top sportsbooks in New Jersey.
Beginning bettors can easily get lost in complex sportsbooks, scrolling through hundreds of exotic and technical bets when all they want is something simple. This is not an issue for William Hill NJ.
Our experts were also impressed with the live betting experience offered by William Hill NJ. The sportsbook has clearly also brought its uncluttered approach to live betting.
The live betting, in-play section is easy to navigate to from the homepage of the website and app. All available games currently taking place are displayed when you click through.
Just like normal betting, the range of bets for live betting is not huge. Our experts thought this pared-back approach is a good way for those new to in-play betting to get the hang of it, although it may disappoint those looking for more extensive in-play betting options.
The variety of prop bets on William Hill NJ is not huge.
Big games in major sports like the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL tend to have a couple of select prop bets available, but not highly specific props like passing yards in football or extensive goal-scoring markets in hockey.
Again, there are two ways to look at this. If you are looking for a sportsbook with a wide variety of more technical bets available, William Hill NJ might not be your best choice.
However, if you are looking for a sportsbook that focuses on the most popular bets and cuts out the more complex betting, William Hill is a great option.
Other Betting Options
Although William Hill NJ does not bother with lots of complicated specialized bets, the sportsbook does have a solid menu.
As well as the popular bets already mentioned, William Hill NJ includes other options such as parlay betting, round robins and teasers. These bets are functionally built into the software, meaning they are just as easy to access as straight bets.
Sports You Can Bet on at William Hill NJ
While its range of bets is not the biggest compared to some other New Jersey online sportsbooks, William Hill New Jersey does offer a really wide range of sports.
The most popular sports and leagues, like the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL are all covered. Since it comes with an international reputation, William Hill also has a wide range of international sports betting, such as Premier League or Champions League Soccer.
William Hill NJ also offers to bet on college sports, although you can not bet on any game involving colleges from New Jersey.
Add to this a wide range of other domestic and overseas sports, both major and minor leagues, and you have a seriously comprehensive list of sports at your disposal.
Here is a full list of the sports that you can currently bet on at Wiliam Hill NJ:
- NFL Football
- NCAA Football
- NBA Basketball
- NCAA Basketball
- NHL Hockey
- NCAA Hockey
- MLB Baseball
- NCAA Baseball
- Soccer (MLS, Premier League, Champions League, La Liga, International and many more)
- Formula 1
As well as this extensive list, William Hill NJ continuously updates its sports options and opens new markets depending on what is happening in different sports.
Chances are, regardless of what sport you want to bet on, you will be able to do it at William Hill NJ.
Options for Deposits and Withdrawals
One of the major advantages fully legal and regulated sportsbooks have over unregulated sites is the security and convenience associated with depositing and withdrawing funds.
We found that William Hill NJ offers a comparatively small range of options for depositing money but do cover the major bases and most popular options.
- Receive a paper check by mail
- William Hill Prepaid Card
- Withdraw in cash from the physical sportsbook
Similar to the range of betting on offer, William Hill NJ has chosen to focus on the most popular methods of transactions and avoid overcomplicating things with too many options.
Whichever method you choose, remember that your transaction will be protected by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
Banking Methods Comparison
By focusing on only a few transaction methods, William Hill NJ takes a lot of the hassle out of depositing and withdrawing. The Visa, Mastercard, and eCheck options are all likely to be familiar to most people, while those who don’t want to make transactions online can exclusively deal in cash in-person at the sportsbooks.
The William Hill Prepaid Card is also a really cool feature and acts like a credit card. You can apply for the card for free when you set up your account and load it up using other credit cards or eChecks.
You can use it to both deposit and withdraw funds from your account, and use it in an ATM or for any transaction that accepts Discover. There are no fees associated with the card.
This table outlines the various transaction methods:
|Method||Deposit||Withdrawal||Processing Time||Minimum Deposit||Max Deposit||Fees|
|PayPal||Yes||Yes||Immediate||$20||n/a||Not from sportsbook|
|Internet e-Checks||Yes||No||Immediate||$20||n/a||Not from sportsbook|
|Visa||Yes||No||Immediate||$20||$1000||Not from sportsbook|
|Mastercard||Yes||No||Immediate||$20||$1000||Not from sportsbook|
|Cash at Casino||Yes||Yes||Immediate||$20||Unlimited||No|
|William Hill Prepaid Card||Yes||Yes||Immediate for deposits, up to 72 hours for withdrawal||$20||Unlimited||No|
|Paper Checks by Mail||No||Yes||Immediate for deposits, up to 72 hours for withdrawal||$20||n/a||No|
Signup and Registration
Signing up to William Hill NJ is really easy. Online sportsbooks tend to make the sign-up process as straightforward as possible and William Hill has succeeded in this area as well.
Remember that you can create an account with William Hill NJ from anywhere, but in order to actually place your bets, you must be physically located in New Jersey.
Also, don’t forget to make sure you are getting the best welcome bonus possible before you create your account.
To sign up to William Hill NJ, just follow these simple steps:
- Click register at the top of the website, or on the home screen on the app.
- First, you will need to give personal details. Type in your name, address, email address, cell phone number and date of birth. Remember all this data is 100% protected.
- Next, you will need to decide your password. Choose something that is unique to you that you’ll be able to remember easily.
- You will need to provide the answers to two security questions and give the last four digits of your Social Security Number to verify your identity.
- There are four boxes you need to check, confirming your age and identity and accepting terms and conditions.
Once you have successfully registered, you will be brought to the site’s cashier where you can deposit funds. Once you have made your payment using one of the methods mentioned above, you are ready to start betting.
Our experts were very satisfied with how simple and fast the sign-up experience was at William Hill NJ. The sportsbook clearly prides itself on being user-friendly and a good experience for new bettors and this extends to the registration process.
Security and Gaming License
Coming with a trusted worldwide reputation, it’s no surprise that our experts were impressed with the security offered by William Hill NJ.
Legal and regulated sportsbooks are a cut above the unregulated sites that some sports bettors had gotten used to using in the US over the last few years.
William Hill NJ is licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. This organization is dedicated to holding online sportsbooks to the highest standards of safety, security and fair play. All of your personal information will be secure, and all of your transactions will be protected.
We are totally happy to recommend signing up to the sportsbook from a security perspective. We found the sportsbook to be secure and professional.
This was one of the highlights of the sportsbook.
Whether you are a first-time bettor or an old hand, questions and confusion can sometimes arise. Having friendly and cooperative customer support can make a huge difference.
William Hill NJ really succeeds in this area. The sportsbook has a dedicated phone line and email address that can be contacted 24/7, as well as a “Help” section full of FAQs.
However, our favorite feature is the 24/7 live chat. During the course of our review, our experts had a couple of questions that the friendly people on the live chat were able to answer immediately.
Although the feature warns of potential waiting time for an agent to become available, we were never waiting more than a minute. Fast and efficient support is a great feature for any sportsbook, and customers can expect a high level of attention with William Hill.
Things William Hill NJ Is Doing Right
William Hill has arrived in New Jersey with an international reputation, and our experts found plenty to like about it. We have gone through both the site and the app in meticulous detail, and here are our favorite things about the sportsbook:
- Simplicity – It is clear that William Hill NJ is focused on providing the most simple experience possible for users. By not typically including many exotic bets the sportsbook is perfect for new bettors who only want to make the most popular bets.
- Wide range of sports – Although the variety of bets is scaled back, the sportsbook covers plenty of sports, meaning users can place the most popular bets on a variety of different sports.
- Very strong customer service – The live chat help option is likely to be very useful to new users navigating their way through the sportsbook, as well as more experienced bettors.
- Good bonuses – We really like the $50 sign-up bonus. Many competitors have a lot of restrictive terms and conditions for their welcome bonuses but with William Hill NJ it is much less convoluted: if you bet $50 in the first two months, you get $50 free. Simple.
- Overall, the sportsbook is great for first-time bettors.
Things William Hill NJ Could Work On
All sportsbooks are different, and it is normal to come back with a few complaints. For our experts, the complaints are all likely to affect more experienced bettors, or those looking for a bespoke experience.
Here are our main complaints:
- A relatively small range of bets – Perspective is a funny thing. While the lack of an overwhelming range of betting options might be a positive for beginning bettors, those looking for more obscure bets may be disappointed by the options at William Hill NJ. The range of props and exotics is definitely not as extensive as some of the site’s competitors.
- Limited transaction options – While the most popular methods of depositing money (eChecks, credit cards) are covered, William Hill NJ could do with incorporating a more diverse range of options in terms of depositing and withdrawing money. PayPal, Skrill or even Bitcoin would be nice additions.
- More ongoing bonuses needed – The William Hill Rewards Club is a great step but we’d love to see more additional bonuses and promotions that reward existing players. Maybe a weekly or monthly free bet?
William Hill NJ Company History
Sportsbooks don’t come much more prestigious than William Hill. The sportsbook is one of the most recognizable names in European sports betting but if you’re unfamiliar, here are a few fast facts:
- William Hill was founded all the way back in 1934.
- The company spent much of the rest of that century building up a reputation as one of the most recognized brands in betting with branches across Europe and Asia.
- Today, the sportsbook has 2,300 betting shops around the world.
- William Hill first made the trip across the Atlantic to the US in 2012, when it opened a few betting shops in Nevada.
- It wasn’t until the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act was repealed in May 2018 that William Hill was able to expand its operations in the US.
Once sports betting was legalized in New Jersey, the sportsbook signed deals with both the Oceana Resort Casino and the Monmouth Race Park & Sportsbook, and the William Hill NJ website and app were rolled out soon after.
Will Hill’s online arm is also very robust, as you would expect from a company with so much experience in the bookmaking business. The sportsbook also participates in responsible gaming initiatives which is great to see.
Sign Up and Play at William Hill NJ Now
Legal online sports betting has arrived in New Jersey. With so many options popping up every day it can be easy to feel overwhelmed, or not sure how to choose which sportsbook is best for you.
In the opinion of our experts, William Hill is one of the best options for the first-time bettor.
New Jersey has had quite an influx of legal online sportsbooks since sports betting was legalized. In our opinion, William Hill New Jersey is one of the easiest ones to use.
Both the app and the website are clear, inviting, and functional. William Hill NJ focuses on the most popular bets – likely to be the priority for the vast majority of users. There is also a small but notable range of props and exotic bets for most major sports games which is a good introduction without being overwhelming.
The site has loads of sports to choose from. If you want to make a straightforward bet on basically any sport you can think of, you can probably do it at William Hill.
We love the customer support available, especially the live chat which can be accessed both from the website and the app.
The only downsides our experts found are likely to affect bettors with very specific requirements. If are only in a position to make transactions with an uncommon method, or you want to bet exclusively on rushing yards in NFL games – maybe William Hill NJ is not for you.
There are other sportsbooks in New Jersey that offer a wider range of specialized bets.
If you want a simple experience that focuses on offering the most popular bets, along with a generous welcome bonus, you could do a lot worse than William Hill.
What is the promo code for William Hill?
To claim a $500 free bet when you sign up with William Hill NJ, enter bonus code WSN500.
How do I enter a promo code on William Hill?
When signing up and opening an account at William Hill, you will see a bonus promo code box on the registration page. Simply enter your promo code in the designated box to claim your welcome bonus.
How do you get free bets on William Hill?
After you apply your promo code when signing up at William Hill, your bonus in the form of free bets will be added to your account within 48 hours.
Is William Hill NJ legal to bet with?
Yes. The only requirements are that you are at least 21 years of age and that you are physically present in New Jersey. Unlike unregulated offshore sportsbooks, William Hill New Jersey is licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, and completely legal.
Can you bet on mobile with William Hill NJ?
Yes. The app works just as well as the website version of the sportsbook. It can be downloaded on iOS or Android from app stores, or the William Hill NJ website.
Do you have to be in New Jersey to bet with William Hill NJ?
Yes. You can create an account from anywhere, but you need to be physically in New Jersey to place a bet.
Does William Hill NJ offer a no deposit bonus or free bets?
Yes. The introductory offers tend to change over time, but there is almost always some kind of offer or bonus available to new members. Check out our links.
Does William Hill NJ have good odds?
Yes. Our experts found that William Hill NJ offers odds that are competitive with the other top sportsbooks in New Jersey.
Is William Hill Safe to Use?
Yes, William Hill New Jersey is licensed and regulated in the US which means it is 100% legal, safe and secure to use.