Another First for BetMGM - Becoming Partner of the NFL's Pittsburgh Steelers
- BetMGM’s partnership with the Steelers will mark the team’s first with a gaming operator
- Many promotion & Steelers fan-focused activities to be included in the landmark deal
- November a huge month for many significant BetMGM achievements & announcements
It has been a month of “first announcements” for rising US sports betting operator BetMGM. This latest press release included significant news becoming the first wagering partner of the NFL’s historic franchise, the Pittsburgh Steelers.
BetMGM is the sports wagering division of GVC Holdings, the international company also associated with Partypoker, World Poker, and MGM Resorts, BetMGM is the one-stop-shop for both land-based and online sports betting, also including tournament poker and online gaming.
Timing is excellent for the company as the Steelers are certainly on top right now with a perfect 10-0 record in the AFC North division. Most sportsbook‘s future odds have the Steelers listed at +550 (11/2) to win the Super Bowl, second choice to only the Kansas City Chiefs at +300 (3-1). They were scheduled to meet the Baltimore Ravens in a big-matchup on Thanksgiving night, but the game was canceled and moved to Sunday afternoon due to COVID-19 concerns.
Keys to the BetMGM-Steelers Deal
The partnership will provide BetMGM access to several fan-focused assets of the Steelers. That arrangement will include becoming a sponsor of the Steelers Kickoff pregame show along with in-stadium signage and many promotional activities between the two companies.
Ryan Huzjak, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for BetMGM expressed his enthusiasm for the new partnership commenting:
We are excited to introduce BetMGM to Steelers Nation. Not only will BetMGM be elevating some of our existing platforms, but they will be introducing new and exciting opportunities to Steelers fans. We are looking forward to kicking off this partnership.
Matt Prevost, Chief Revenue Officer, BetMGM was equally excited in announcing the deal, he said:
Steelers Nation is one of the most passionate fan bases in professional sports. We’re thrilled to bring the excitement of BetMGM to Steelers fans. We’re eager to launch BetMGM’s gaming offering in Pennsylvania and I can’t think of a better way to kick off our entry into the state than through this monumental partnership.
Other components include BetMGM having a commercial spot during the Mike Tomlin weekly press conference every Tuesday. They will be involved with Steelers Weekly on Saturdays and the Mike Tomlin Show as well on Saturdays.
The deal lists advertising time slots for Gameday and weekly radio broadcasts including the Players Show and The Point After.
Involving promotion activity, BetMGM and the Steelers will hold the “Decade of Black and Gold” sweepstakes whereby one winner at the end of the season will be awarded club level season tickets plus VIP Hospitality Tent passes for the following 10 years.
Big November for BetMGM
Landing the Steelers as the team’s first sportsbook alliance was only one of several major accomplishments BetMGM listed over the past month including:
- Becoming one of four sportsbooks that included DraftKings Sportsbook, FanDuel, and Tennessee Action 24/7 awarded a license to offer online wagering in Tennessee that kicked-off on November 1st.
- Beginning a partnership with DAZN, the world’s largest streaming service to integrate their odds platform. It started off on November 7 with a big night of boxing featuring 21-year-old undefeated sensation Devin “The Dream” Haney defending his WBC lightweight championship against former unified world champion Yuriorkis Gamboa.
- In a welcome effort to promote safer gambling, GVC Holdings and BetMGM became the first major gaming industry partner for the new innovative responsible gaming tool PlayPause. Software that will be implemented within the BetMGM sports betting app.
It is likely the Pittsburgh Steelers will not be the last NFL team to join forces with BetMGM. The company also currently has partnerships with five other NFL franchises, including the Las Vegas Raiders, New York Jets, Detroit Lions, Denver Broncos, and Tennessee Titans.
Latest Sports Betting News
Larry Gibbs is both a seasoned journalist and a respected online gaming industry consultant. His wry commentary & sharp analysis have appeared in numerous top gaming and sports wagering publications. He has also served as Vice President of US Gaming Services, a marketing research organization with 15 years of experience in US online wagering. He has spoken at noted gaming industry conferences including G2E, GiGSE, and NCLGS.
Email: [email protected]