Chicago White Sox at New York Yankees Predictions, Odds, Picks
- Yankees with significant pitching edge
- White Sox looking to get bats going
- X-factors to watch
Chicago White Sox at New York Yankees Odds
Bet on Yankees Here!
Chicago White Sox at New York Yankees Prediction and Picks
The Yankees couldn’t complete the sweep against Baltimore, but they still haven’t lost a series since in more than a month. The White Sox, meanwhile, have worked their way back to .500 after taking a series from Royal Oak. Both teams have World Series aspirations and saw one another just last week, but New York has a significant pitching advantage. Because of that, we’re going to go with the Yankees to cover the spread.
White Sox at Yankees Betting Trends to watch
- White Sox are 7-2 in their last 9 road games
- White Sox are 2-5 in their last 7 Friday games
- White Sox are 14-41 in their last 55 games as an underdog
- White Sox are 1-4 in their last 5 games following a win
- Under is 8-0-1 in White Sox last 9 road games
- Under is 5-1 in White Sox last 6 games as an underdog
- Under is 8-3 in White Sox last 11 vs. American League East
- Under is 6-2 in White Sox last 8 during game 1 of a series
- Under is 5-0 in the last 5 head-to-head meetings in New York
- Yankees are 10-2 in last 12 head-to-head meetings
- Yankees are 15-3 in their last 18 games following a loss
- Yankees are 20-6 in their last 26 games vs. a starter with a WHIP greater than 1.30
- Yankees are 4-1 in their last 5 home games vs. a left-handed starter
- Yankees are 37-14 in their last 51 overall
- Yankees are 36-16 in their last 52 games as a favorite
- Over is 5-2 in Yankees last 7 games vs. a left-handed starter
- Under is 15-7 in Yankees last 22 Friday games
Garcia’s 2021 record: (13-9)
Yankees Have Edge In Battle of Lefties
Two southpaws will face off in the series opener in the Bronx, though they’ve had very different starts to their year.
For the Yankees, Nester Cortes has not only been the best pitcher in the rotation, he’s been arguably the best pitcher in the American League. Through seven starts, Cortes is 2-1, but leads the MLB in ERA (1.35), is third in WHIP (0.85), and tied for 15th in strikeouts (49) across 40 innings.
Cortes has held his opponents to two runs or fewer in every start, and his past two outings have been the best yet. Two starts ago against the Rangers, Cortes threw 7.1 shutout innings, giving up just one hit while striking out 11 batters.
He was somehow just as good in his next start, which came against this White Sox team, throwing eight innings of one-run ball, giving up just three hits with seven strikeouts.
On the other side, Dallas Keuchel has struggled in his third year with the White Sox. The veteran is 2-3 overall with a 5.44 ERA, 1.96 WHIP and just 16 strikeouts in 26 innings.
That said, Keuchel has been better in May. After posting a 9.00 ERA in April, the 34-year-old has just a 3.38 ERA in three starts in May. He was solid against New York last week, throwing five shutout innings, and giving up only four hits and three walks.
Bet on MLB World Series Here!
Can Bronx Bombers Blast Their Way to a Win?
The Yankee’s offense is elite, ranking second in the American League in scoring and fourth in all of baseball. New York has scored five runs or more in eight of its last 10 games as Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge and Josh Donaldson have all been on a tear the past week.
Stanton is hitting .417 (10-for-24) during that stretch with a .500 OBP blasting three home runs and 10 RBIs. Judge is batting .391 (9-for-23) with four home runs and eight RBIs while Donaldson is hitting,.379 (11-for-29) with three home runs and seven RBIs.
The White Sox on the other hand have struggled this season, their 7-4 win on Thursday was just the sixth time they scored at least six runs this season. The team has scored just 26 runs in the past eight games, batting .233 as a team over that time.
X-factors to watch
Chicago hits lefties well as a team, with a .250 average on the season compared to .222 against righties. Tim Anderson has been the best against southpaws this year, hitting .500 (12-for-24) with two home runs and four RBIs.
For New York, DJ LeMahieu has destroyed left-handed pitching this year. The veteran second baseman is hitting .405 (15-for-37) with three doubles and a home run against lefties this year.
Bet on MLB Here!
How to Watch White Sox at Yankees
|Chicago White Sox at New York Yankees Information|
|Teams||Chicago White Sox at New York Yankees|
|Location||Yankee Stadium, Bronx, NY|
|Time||Friday, May 20, 7:05 p.m. EST|
|How to watch||YES Network, NBC Sports Chicago|
More MLB Predictions & Odds
Tony writes about baseball for WSN.com after recently graduating with his Masters from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University. Prior to that, Tony was a local sports reporter for MLive Media Group, based out of Jackson, Michigan where he covered everything from high school to professional sports. He graduated from Michigan State in 2015 with a degree in journalism. During his time there he covered the Michigan State football and men’s basketball teams from 2013-15 and hosted a sports radio show on WDBM 89FM.