Top LSU Tigers Now Playing in the NFL - Predictions & Odds
- According to ESPN, there are 59 LSU Tigers now playing in the NFL
- Since the NFL began holding drafts in 1936, LSU has had 320 total players selected.
- 41 of those LSU players have been taken in the first round, plus there were three overall number one picks.
- During the 2020 NFL Draft, a record-breaking total of 14 LSU Tigers were chosen.
After barreling their way to a 2020 College Football National Championship, the players on the winning Louisiana State University (LSU) squad became in high demand at the most recent NFL Draft, with a record-breaking 14 of them being selected by pro teams to play.
Five of those fourteen LSU Tigers were snagged in the first round, led by the first overall pick by the Cincinnati Bengals, who with zero hesitation took quarterback Joe Burrow, whose great arm talent and overall football IQ make him an immediate starter in 2020.
Here we take a look at some of the top LSU Tigers now playing in the NFL, along with the predictions and odds of how they will do during the 2020 season.
Ten of the top LSU Tigers Now Playing in the NFL
- Odell Beckham Jr., Wide Receiver, Cleveland Browns
- Jarvis Landry, Wide Receiver, Cleveland Browns
- Leonard Fournette, Running Back, Jacksonville Jaguars
- Justin Jefferson, Wide Receiver, Minnesota Vikings
- Joe Burrow, Quarterback, Cincinnati Bengals
- Jamal Adams, Safety, Seattle Seahawks
- Danielle Hunter, Defensive End, Minnesota Vikings
- Jalen Mills, Safety, Philadelphia Eagles
- Greedy Williams, Cornerback, Cleveland Browns
- Tyrann Mathieu, Safety, Kansas City Chiefs
Predictions and Odds of Top LSU Tigers Turned NFL Playmakers
LSU is known for its stifling defense, and there are plenty of former LSU Tigers lining up on that side of the ball in the NFL.
But football gamblers tend to be more interested in the offensive players, since those are where the odds are given and the bets taken, and here we go over a few of the top ones.
1. Odell Beckham Jr., Wide Receiver, Cleveland Browns
Now healthy again after having surgery done on his core muscles, Beckham should also benefit from a new head coach, Kevin Stefanski, and offensive coordinator, Alex Van Pelt, who should work the former superstar into the center of more game plans than the coaches did last season.
|Odell Beckham Jr.’s Total 2020 Receiving Yards||Odds|
2. Jarvis Landry, Wide Receiver, Cleveland Browns
The only time Jarvis Landry didn’t beat the over on this bet was in his rookie season back in 2014, although he didn’t share a roster with so many playmakers then, either, so his seasonal totals could be affected by the total number of times he is targeted by Baker Mayfield.
|Jarvis Landry’s Total 2020 Receiving Yards||Odds|
3. Leonard Fournette, Running Back, Jacksonville Jaguars
Fournette will be playing in his fourth NFL season in 2020, all with the Jags, and when healthy, he can easily beat the over of this bet, though in 2018 when he was limited to just 8 total games due to a season-ending hamstring injury he couldn’t top 500 total yards.
|Leonard Fournette’s Total 2020 Rushing Yards||Odds|
4. Justin Jefferson, Wide Receiver, Minnesota Vikings
Though rookies tend to be targeted less than veterans, Jefferson should see his share of action in 2020 after posting incredible numbers during his championship season with LSU, catching 54 balls for 1,540 total yards and 18 touchdowns, numbers that resulted in his being chosen in the first round of the NFL Draft.
|Justin Jefferson’s Total 2020 Receiving Yards||Odds|
5. Joe Burrow, Quarterback, Cincinnati Bengals
The Cincinnati Bengals are banking on Joe Burrow to play for them the way he did for his Tigers last season, when he broke all sorts of records completing 402-of-527 passes for 5,671 yards and 60 touchdowns with only 6 interceptions that entire time.
Burrow will have arguably one of the top receivers in the league to throw footballs at, A.J. Green, who is now fully healthy once again, plus the Cincinnati front office scored him one of the best pass receivers in the draft, Tee Higgins, the Clemson star who should be an immediate contributor.
|Joe Burrow Total Passing Yards||Odds|
|Joe Burrow Total Passing Touchdowns||Odds|
Odds taken 28 July, 2020 from DraftKings
Keep in mind the odds in these wagers will shift plenty of times before the actual games are played, so be sure to check back here often to get all the latest numbers.
These are LSU Tigers and they are used to winning, so take the overs here and assume these gentlemen will continue to ball at a high level.
More NFL Predictions & Odds
Mike Lukas is a retired standup comedian turned freelance writer now living in Dallas, Texas, originally from Cleveland, Ohio. His love for the game of football and all things Cleveland Browns turned Mike into a pro blogger years ago. Now Mike enjoys writing about all thirty-two NFL teams, hoping to help football gamblers gain a slight edge in their pursuit of the perfect wager.