How to Watch
Where: Marlins Park, Miami, FL
When: Sunday, May 19th at 1:10 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): Marlins TV/Radio: Fox Sports Florida, WINZ 940 AM. Mets TV/Radio: SNY, WCBS 880 AM.
New York Mets
The Mets have cooled from a hot start with a 20-20 record through the first quarter of the season.
On the road, the Mets are 11-12, hitting .245 with 23 homers.
The Mets are 12-1 to win the NL title and 25-1 to win the 2019 World Series.
The rebuilding Marlins are 10-30 through their first 40 games in 2019.
At home, Miami has played in front of small crowds and the record shows the lack of enthusiasm with a 6-16 mark at Marlins Park.
The Marlins currently have 1000-1 odds to win the National League and have the worst odds in baseball at 2500-1 to take the World Series.
New York Mets: Noah Syndergaard (3-3, 4.74 ERA)
Syndergaard has pitched very well in May with a 2.35 ERA over three starts.
In his three straight May wins, the Mets righty has struck out 21 in 23 innings.
- In Syndergaard’s last start, he threw 8 innings, striking out six Washington hitters.
- The Mets starter has allowed just 20 baserunners over the 23 innings in May.
- Syndergaard has lowered his ERA around 1.5 runs in his last three starts.
Marlins: Sandy Alcantara (1-4, 5.11 ERA)
The Marlins rookie has fallen into trouble this season by allowing 23 walks in 44 innings.
Alcantara has struck out only 28 batters in 44 innings for an underwhelming K rate thus far in 2019.
- In 24.1 innings at home, Alcantara has struck out 20 hitters and allowed a .299 average.
- Alcantara has not reached six innings in his last four outings.
- The Marlins starter has surrendered six homers in his previous four starts.
New York Mets
The Mets have hit 23 homers on the road this season in 23 games.
New York is hitting .246 with 36 of their 46 total home runs coming against right-handed pitchers.
- OF Michael Conforto is 2 for 11 off Alcantara with one homer and two RBI.
- OF Jeff McNeil is 3 for 6 versus Alcantara with three singles.
- SS Amed Rosario is 0 for 5 against the Miami right-hander.
The Marlins offense has been expectedly underwhelming this season, scoring just 105 runs in their first 40 games.
At home, the Marlins are 6-16 with 65 runs scored in 22 games.
- SS Miguel Rojas is 4 for 11 against Syndergaard in his career.
- 2B Starlin Castro is 3 for 10 versus the Mets starter with two RBI.
- OF Brian Anderson is 2 for 7 against Syndergaard with one RBI.
New York Mets
- Jed Lowrie has suffered a setback on the eve of his return and will remain on the IL.
- SP Steven Matz is on the IL with nerve pain in his elbow.
- Justin Wilson has elbow soreness that has him shut down and on the 10-day IL.
- OF Peter O’Brien is out with a ribcage contusion and is on the 10-day IL.
- RP Drew Steckenrider has elbow inflammation and is seeking multiple opinions for treatment while on the IL.
- RP Riley Ferrell has a biceps issue and remains on the 60-day IL.