How to Watch
Where: Citizens Bank, Philadelphia
When: Friday, May 3rd at 7:05 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): Nationals TV/Radio: MASN, WJFK/106.7 FM. Phillies TV/Radio: NBCSPH, WIP 94.1 FM.
Through 12 road games, the Nationals are 6-6, but hitting a solid .266 with a team ERA of 4.81 away from Nationals Park this season.
Washington continues to struggle without Phillies slugger Bryce Harper in their lineup, going 12-15 in their first 27 games and now they must deal with another serious injury, this time to Anthony Rendon.
The Nationals currently have 8-1 odds to win the National League and 18-1 to take the World Series.
The Phillies are on a bit of a tear with a 16-12 record through 28 games this season.
At home, Philly pitchers have dominated with 11 wins in 16 games and a 4.26 ERA.
The Phillies currently have 6-1 odds to win the National League and 15-1 to win the World Series for the 2019 season.
Nationals: Jeremy Hellickson (2-0, 5.82 ERA)
Hellickson has been rocked in his last two appearances, allowing 10 earned runs over eight innings.
In his last start, the Nats’ righty only threw 55 pitches because he was pulled after allowing six hits and five earned runs in three innings to the Padres on April 28th.
- In 11 innings on the road this season, Hellickson has struck out 10 batters but allowed a .286 average to opposing hitters.
- Left-handed batters are lighting up Hellickson with a .375 batting average.
- The Nats’ starter has allowed an atrocious 36 base runners in 21.2 innings in 2019.
Phillies: Jared Eickhoff (1-1, 2.12 ERA)
After starting the year in Triple-A, Eickhoff has shined since his call up with 20 strikeouts in 17 innings and a 2.12 ERA.
Eickhoff has dominated opposing hitters only allowing a .203 batting average and just five walks this year.
- On the season, the Phillies right-hander has given up just 12 hits in 17 innings.
- Eickhoff has allowed no home runs in his 17 innings in 2019.
- After throwing 59 pitches in his first start, Eickhoff has thrown 92 and 86 in his last two outings this season.
The Nationals offense is missing three big starters with Ryan Zimmerman, Trea Turner and Anthony Rendon all sitting on the IL due to injuries.
On the road in 2019, the Nationals have hit only 16 homers but scored more runs on the road than they have at home with 75 runs in 12 games.
- 2B Brian Dozier is 1 for 3 against Eickhoff in his career with one double and one RBI.
- 1B Matt Adams is 1 for 10 with one RBI versus Eickhoff.
- OF Adam Eaton has had success against Eickhoff as he’s 5 for 9 with one home run and one double.
The Phillies offense continues to dominate opposing pitchers at home, averaging 5.81 runs per game at Citizens Bank Park with a whopping 28 homers.
Philadelphia has hit .250 off of right-handers this season with 31 of their 38 homers coming off righties.
- C J.T. Realmuto is 10 for 36 against Hellickson with four RBI and one double.
- OF Bryce Harper is 5 for 20 with two homers and three RBI versus the Washington right-hander.
- OF Andrew McCutchen is 4 for 12 against the Nationals starter with seven walks and one double.
- SS Trea Turner remains on the 10-day IL but will start a rehab program soon from a fractured finger injury.
- 1B Ryan Zimmerman is on the mend from plantar fasciitis and currently sits on 10-day IL.
- 3B Anthony Rendon hit the 10-day IL with an elbow bruise from a hit-by-pitch.
- OF Odubel Herrera should be back in a week from a bad hamstring.
- RP Tommy Hunter continues to rehab from a strained flexor with a late May return date planned.
- SS Scott Kingery is working back from a hamstring pull and remains on the 10-day IL.
If you are in New Jersey you can bet on the MLB match Nats vs Phillies at one of the following sportsbooks:
|Sportsbook||Washington Nationals||Philadelphia Phillies||Link|
* 21+ | NJ only | If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER