How to Watch
Where: SunTrust Park, Atlanta, GA
When: Tuesday, July 30th at 7:05 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): ESPN. Nationals TV/Radio: MASN, WJFK/106.7 FM. Braves TV: Fox Sports South, Braves Radio: 106.7 FM
After putting together a monumental winning run in June and early July, the Braves have hit a rough patch, losing six of eight recently.
The Braves are standing strong with a 97.9% probability to make the playoffs and 8.7% shot to win the World Series.
Atlanta has 6-1 odds to win the National League and 12-1 to take the World Series.
The Nationals have taken advantage of Atlanta’s recent skid and pulled within five games of the division leader.
Washington has a 54.5% probability to make the postseason and a 2.5% chance to win the World Series title according to Baseball Reference.
The Nationals have 11-1 odds to win the NL and are 22-1 to take the World Series.
Braves: Julio Teheran (5-7, 3.42 ERA)
The Braves’ righty has been dynamic in July, throwing four straight quality starts in the month.
- In his last start, Teheran threw six shutout innings against the Royals, while striking out six batters.
- The Braves’ starter has gone five straight starts allowing two runs or less.
- Teheran’s success has been tied directly to limiting homers, the righty has only allowed two homers in his four July starts.
Nationals: Max Scherzer (9-5, 2.41 ERA)
Scherzer has been battling a strained back muscle injury that has forced him to take stem cell shots in an effort to alleviate the issue.
- In his last start, Scherzer was human, allowing three earned runs over five innings to the Rockies on July 25th.
- The Nats’ righty did strikeout eight batters in that start.
- Scherzer was held to just 86 pitches in the start against Colorado, to preserve his arm and protect the muscle from further damage.
The Braves still have a winning record in July, despite their recent struggles, as the team has gone 11-8 in their first 19 games of the month.
- OF Ronald Acuna Jr. is 4 for 9 versus Scherzer with a double and triple.
- 2B Ozzie Albies is 1 for 13 against Scherzer with one RBI and five strikeouts.
- 1B Freddie Freeman is 7 for 34 against the right-hander with two homers and three RBI.
The Nationals are 31-15 over their last 46 games, after going 23-31 over the first two months of the season.
- OF Adam Eaton is 3 for 11 against Teheran with two RBI.
- SS Trea Turner is 7 for 18 against the righty with one double.
- 3B Anthony Rendon is 14 for 43 with three doubles versus Teheran.
- SS Dansby Swanson has a foot bruise that has shelved him to the IL.
- OF Nick Markakis has a fractured left wrist and has been placed on the 10-day IL.
- SP Max Fried has been activated from the 10-day IL. The pitcher was on the IL due to a blister on his throwing hand.
- SP Jeremy Hellickson’s strained shoulder has forced him to the 60-day IL.
- SP Austin Voth has biceps tendinitis and is on the 10-day IL.
- 1B Ryan Zimmerman is back on the 10-day IL due to plantar fasciitis.
Game Odds Atlanta Braves vs Washington Nationals
The odds will be updated as they are made available by the sportsbooks.