D.C. United vs. Seattle Sounders FC: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Audi Field, Washington D.C.
When: Sunday, September 22nd at 8:00 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): TV: MLS LIVE on ESPN+, Seattle TV/Radio: JOEtv, ESPN 710 AM, D.C. United TV/Radio: FloSports, 106.7 FM.
Through 31 matches, D.C. United has a record of 12-10-9 (W-L-D) for 45 points with a goal differential of plus-2.
D.C. United are tied for 4th place in the East with Toronto FC and have scored 40 goals against the 38 they’ve allowed.
D.C. United has dropped to 25-1 odds to win the MLS Championship.
Seattle Sounders FC
Through 30 matches, the Sounders have a record of 14-9-7 with 50 goals scored and 47 goals allowed.
Seattle sits in 2nd place in the MLS’ Western Conference with 49 points, just one point ahead of 3rd place Minnesota.
Seattle has 12-1 odds to win the MLS Championship title in November.
D.C. United: Bill Hamid (11-10-9, 1.23 goals allowed per game)
Hamid has been on fire for D.C., posting back-to-back clean sheets against Portland and Montreal.
- Hamid has allowed three goals in his last three home matches for D.C. United.
- The D.C. keeper has saved four shots in each of the two clean sheets.
- Hamid has faced four or fewer shots in four of his last six matches and the keeper has allowed just two goals over that four-game span.
Seattle: Stefan Frei (14-9-7, 1.57 goals allowed per game)
Frei continues to struggle for Seattle, allowing seven goals in his last three matches for the Sounders.
- Frei’s has allowed one goal or less in just one of his last eight starts for Seattle.
- Despite his troubles in goal, Seattle has won three of their last four matches with Frei starting the match.
- Frei’s last clean sheet was July 27th at home against Houston.
Players to Watch
D.C. United is even at home, scoring and allowing 1.5 goals per match.
- Wayne Rooney leads the club with 11 goals total and six at Audi Field.
- Rooney has netted all four of his penalty kick opportunities this season.
- D.C. United defeated Portland on the road last weekend due to an own-goal by the Timbers.
The Sounders are scoring 1.1 goals per match on the road while allowing 1.7 goals per road contest.
- Nicolás Lodeiro scored two goals in the Sounders 4-2 win over the New York Red Bulls last Sunday.
- The Sounders have won their last five consecutive matches against D.C. United.
- Seattle is led in road goals this season by Raul Ruidiaz with five.
Last Five Games
- D.C. United is 2-3-0 in their last five matches of 2019.
- D.C. has an even goal-differential over their last five matches.
- D.C. United has scored six goals in their last five contests.
- The Sounders are 3-1-1 in their last five games.
- Seattle has scored twelve goals in their last five games.
- The Sounders have a plus-2 goal differential in their last five matches.
Game Odds – D.C. United vs Seattle Sounders
|Sportsbook||DC United||Tie||Seattle Sounders|
|Sportsbook||Over 2.5||Under 2.5|