Los Angeles Football Club vs Inter Miami CF - Predictions and Odds
Sign up with DraftKings and get a FREE contest entry to play fantasy sports!
LAFC vs Inter Miami CF Quick Facts
|Where||Banc Of California Stadium, Los Angeles, CA|
|When||Sunday, March 1st at 5:30 PM EST|
|Web Radio||ESPN 710 AM, Miami Radio: WQAM 560 AM.|
LAFC finished 2019 with the best record in the MLS with a mark of 21-9-4 (W-L-D).
LAFC scored 85 goals against the 37 they’ve allowed last year. They led the Western Conference with 72 points and a record-setting goal differential of plus-48. Only two other teams in the MLS had goal differentials in the double digits.
LAFC has the best odds to win the MLS in November at +300.
Inter Miami CF
Inter Miami is a new expansion team for the 2020 MLS season.
Backed by the ownership group led by David Beckham, Miami is already listed as one of the most valuable franchises in the MLS without playing a single game.
Inter Miami CF has been given respectable odds to win the MLS title in their first season at +2500 to take the Cup in November.
LAFC: Kenneth Vermeer
Vermeer replaces Tyler Miller for 2020 and the experienced keeper has made five appearances for the Netherlands national team in his career .
- Vermeer posted a record of 8-3-6 for his club team, Feyenoord, before his transfer to LAFC.
- The LAFC starting keeper is 34-years old, making him one of the oldest keepers in the MLS.
- Vermeer inherits the keeper position for a team that allowed a league-low 37 goals and posted a record high of plus-48 in goal differential.
Inter Miami CF: Luis Robles
The veteran presence of Robles will mind the net for Miami in their first season. The dependable keeper played 33 of 34 games for the NY Red Bulls last year.
- The 35-year old keeper posted a record of 13-14-6 last season with the Red Bulls and allowed 1.51 goals per game.
- Robles has won the MLS Goalkeeper of the Year in 2015 as well as three Supporters Shields.
- Robles was named captain of the club this week by coach Alonso.
Players to Watch
LAFC was a juggernaut in 2019, setting a boatload of records and plowing the competition down on their way to a Supporters Shield, but they failed to bring home the Cup last season after a loss to Seattle.
- Carlos Vela put up a historic season in 2019, scoring 34 goals and adding 15 assists for LAFC.
- Vela’s sidekick, Diego Rossi, is one of the best young prospects in MLS and although Europe will be calling soon, the LA club hopes to maximize his performance in 2020.
- LAFC is averaged over three goals per match at Banc of California Stadium in 2019.
Inter Miami CF
Miami’s offensive attack will be led by high-profile transfer Rodolfo Pizarro and 19-year old winger, Matias Pellegrini.
- Pizzaro came from CF Monterrey where he won two Concacaf Champions League titles, three Liga MX crowns and led the club to the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup.
- The club is a mix of youth and veteran leadership and their head coach, Diego Alonso, has won two Concacaf Champions League titles.
- Another player to look for is Julian Carranza, the 19-year old Argentina-native will miss the first few weeks of the season, but could provide a spark as the club enters the summer months.
Betting Tidbits for Opening Day
- LAFC lost at Leon 2-0 in the first leg of their Round of 16 match for the Concacaf Champions League.
- The LAFC shot 12 times in the match against Leon but only one shot found the goal in the contest.
- The stellar defense of last season for LAFC didn’t roll over to the Leon match as they allowed 19 shots with five on goal.
Inter Miami CF
- Miami is facing a LAFC team that lost just one game at home in 2019. Miami’s odds to win have been placed at +575 by DraftKings.
- With the goal total set at 3.5, LAFC and their opponent scored 4 goals or more in 18 of 34 games last season and their home games reached the threshold in 10 of their 17 games at home.
- Miami’s defense will have to stop a LAFC attack that alone scored four goals in a home game seven times in 17 home contests in 2019.
LAFC vs Inter Miami CF FAQ
Where will the LAFC vs Inter Miami CF match be held?
Banc Of California Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
When will the LAFC vs Inter Miami CF match be?
Sunday, March 1st at 5:30 PM EST
Los Angeles Football Club vs Inter Miami CF Game Odds
Bet $50 Get $50 (in cash) by using the promo code WSN50 on William Hill.
|Sportsbook||Los Angeles FC||Inter Miami|
|William Hill NJ||-260||+650|