MLS Western Conference Finals 2019: LAFC vs Seattle Sounders FC - Predictions and Odds
Final score - LAFC 4, Seattle 1.
How to Watch LAFC vs Seattle Sounders FC
Where: Banc Of California Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
When: Tuesday, October 29th at 10:00 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): TV: ESPN, TVAS, TSN4, ESPN Deportes. Radio: Seattle Radio: KJR 950 AM, LAFC Radio: ESPN 710 AM.
— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) October 25, 2019
LAFC moved on to the Western Conference Finals after a thrilling 5-3 win over the LA Galaxy in the Conference Semifinals match last week.
LAFC has an 81% probability to win the Conference Finals and a 62% shot at taking the MLS Cup according to FiveThirtyEight.
LAFC holds -182 odds to win the MLS Cup in November.
Seattle Sounders FC
The Sounders defeated Real Salt Lake last Wednesday by the score of 2-0.
FiveThirtyEight is giving the Sounders a 19% probability of defeating LAFC and a 7% chance of winning the MLS Cup.
Seattle’s odds have dropped to +600 to win the MLS Championship crown in November.
Bet on Fantasy Soccer With These Sportsbooks
LAFC: Tyler Miller (13-2-4, 0.89 goals allowed per game)
Miller faced 16 shots in the 5-3 win over the Galaxy with six of those finding the target as Miller made three saves on the night.
- Miller has surrendered nine goals in his last six home matches for LAFC, winning four of those matches with the other two ending in a draw.
- The LAFC starting keeper faced the most shots in a match (six) since the August 25th tie to the Galaxy.
- Miller has gone seven straight starts without a shutout for LAFC.
Seattle: Stefan Frei (16-10-8, 1.44 goals allowed per game in regular season)
Frei didn’t have to work much in Seattle’s 2-0 shutout against Real Salt Lake last week as the keeper faced just one shot on goal and made the save.
- For the game against Real Salt Lake, Frei faced seven shots but just one found the target.
- The Sounders keeper will make his 22nd playoff start for Seattle with the game against LAFC.
- Frei allowed four goals on eight shots to LAFC in a 4-1 loss on April 21st of this season.
Stats to Watch
LAFC scored 2.9 goals at home this season while surrendering just 1.3 goals per game at Banc of California Stadium.
- Carlos Vela, Diego Rossi, and Adama Diomandé scored five goals for LAFC in their 5-3 win over the Galaxy last week, with Vela and Diomandé netting two each.
- In their 18 games at home in 2019, LAFC has scored three or more goals in eleven of the games.
- Vela leads the team with 20 home goals this season, including the two he scored against the Galaxy in the Conference Semis.
The Sounders are scoring 1.1 goals per match away from CenturyLink Field while allowing 1.6 goals per road contest.
- Gustav Svensson and Nicolás Lodeiro scored the two goals in Seattle’s 2-0 Western Conference Semifinal win over Real Salt Lake.
- Raul Ruidiaz led Seattle in road goals this season with five.
- Seattle tied LAFC at home 1-1 but lost to the west coast club 4-1 at Banc of California Stadium.
Last Five Games
- LAFC has outscored their opponents 12-8 in their last five home games this season.
- The club has scored an impressive eleven goals in their last three home matches games this year.
- LAFC are 3-1-1 in their last five home matches, including the 5-3 win last week against the Galaxy.
- The Sounders have outscored opponents 9-4 in their last five matches.
- Seattle has not played on the road since Sept 29th, a 1-0 win over San Jose.
- Seattle has won their last three matches, all at home but is 2-2-1 in their last five road games.
LAFC vs Seattle Sounders FC – Game Predictions
After winning the Battle of LA, LAFC should not have a problem taking Seattle down with their high-scoring attack led by MLS leading goal scorer Carlos Vela. Expect a wide-open game with a lot of goals, but for Seattle fans, unfortunately, most of them will come from LAFC.
Prediction: Final score – LAFC 4, Seattle 1.
Game Odds – LAFC vs Seattle Sounders FC