MLS Cup Playoffs 2019: Minnesota United FC vs LA Galaxy - Predictions and Odds
How to Watch Minnesota United FC vs LA Galaxy
Where: Allianz Field, Minneapolis, Minnesota
When: Sunday, October 20th at 8:30 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): TV: ESPN, TVAS, TSN4, ESPN Deportes. Radio: LA, Minnesota: 1500 ESPN
Minnesota United FC
The United completed the year with a record of 15-11-8 with 52 goals scored and 43 goals allowed.
Minnesota finished the year in 4th place in the MLS’ Western Conference with 53 points, just three points behind 2nd place Seattle.
Minnesota are at +2000 to win the MLS Championship crown in November.
LA Galaxy posted the record of 16-15-3 (W-L-D) with 58 goals scored and 59 goals allowed for the year.
LA Galaxy finished the year in 5th place, two points behind Minnesota, who is the #4 seed and their opponent in this First Round Western Conference match.
LA Galaxy’ odds have steadied at +2200 to win the MLS Championship.
Minnesota: Vito Mannone (15-11-8, 1.26 goals allowed per game)
Mannone posted points in four of his last five starts, including a clean sheet against Portland on the road on Sept. 22nd.
- Mannone was in net for both starts against the Galaxy this season, allowing three goals over the two matches with a shutout in Minnesota in late-April.
- The Minnesota keeper allowed just four goals in his last five games of the year.
- Mannone was second in the MLS with 129 saves on the season.
LA Galaxy: David Bingham (16-14-3, 1.67 goals allowed per game)
Bingham struggled down the stretch as the Galaxy’s starting keeper by allowing two goals or more in six of his last eight starts this season.
- Bingham faced double-digit shots four times this season, a staggering number that goes to the weakness of the Galaxy defense.
- The LA Galaxy keeper surrendered 14 goals in his last five road matches of the year.
- Bingham saved 141 shots of the 195 he faced this season for the most saves in the MLS in 2019.
New Users Only. Min. $5 Deposit. Eligibility restrictions apply. See DraftKings.com for details.
- 20K public contests per day
- Play against friends privately
- Win even if you don't finish 1st
Stats to Watch Minnesota United FC vs LA Galaxy
Minnesota United FC
The United are scoring 1.7 goals per match at home while allowing 0.8 goals per home game.
- The United are 1-0-1 at home against the Galaxy all-time, with this matchup being the first between the two teams in the MLS Playoffs.
- Minnesota has a 62% chance to win the match according to FiveThirtyEight.
- Darwin Quintero leads the club with ten total goals on the year and is tied with Ethan Finlay with four home goals to lead Minnesota.
LA Galaxy is scoring 1.3 goals per game away from home while allowing 2 goals per contest on the road.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored 30 goals on the season for the Galaxy, good for 2nd in the MLS.
- Zlatan was second in the league with 151 shots, second to cross-town Carlos Vela of LAFC with 160.
- LA defeated Minnesota has home in mid-March by a score of 3-2.
Last Five Games
- The United are 2-2-1 (W-L-D) in their last five matches.
- Minnesota has scored eight goals in their last five home games this season.
- Minnesota has a plus-2 goal differential in their last five matches of the year.
- LA Galaxy is 3-2-0 in their last five matches this season.
- LA has scored 11 goals in their last five road matches of the 2019 campaign.
- The Galaxy has allowed 12 goals in their last five matches this season.
This matchup couldn’t be more even but the star power of the LA Galaxy will prevail for the upset as the team’s offense has done well-scoring goals on the road this season.
Prediction: Final score – Minnesota 1, LA Galaxy 2.
Game Odds – Minnesota United FC vs LA Galaxy