Portland Timbers vs D.C. United: Predictions, Odds and Roster Notes
How to Watch
Where: Providence Park, Portland, Oregon
When: Sunday, September 15th at 3:30 PM EST
How (TV/Radio): TV: MLS LIVE on ESPN+, Portland TV/Radio: ROOT Sports NW, KJR 950 AM, D.C. United Radio: 106.7 FM.
Through 28 matches, the Timbers have a record of 13-11-4 (W-L-D) with 45 goals scored and 41 goals allowed.
Portland currently sits in 6th place in the Western Conference with 43 points, just one point ahead of 8th place L.A. Galaxy for a playoff spot.
The Timbers have 25-1 odds to win the MLS Championship in November.
Through 30 matches, D.C. United has a record of 11-10-9 (W-L-D) for 42 points with a narrowing goal differential of plus-1.
D.C. United are tied for 4th place in the Eastern Conference with Toronto FC and have scored 39 goals against the 38 they’ve surrendered.
D.C. United have fallen to 25-1 odds to win the MLS Championship in November.
Bet on Fantasy Soccer Here
Portland: Steve Clark (42-4-2, 0.94 goals allowed per game)
Portland’s season turned around when Clark took over the starting keeper job from Jeff Attinella.
- Clark has five clean sheets in his 18 appearances this season.
- Over his last five appearances, Clark has showed a little regression, allowing seven goals.
- Over his last two games, however, Clark has surrendered just one goal in back-to-back wins for Portland.
D.C. United: Bill Hamid (10-10-9, 1.28 goals allowed per game)
Hamid posted his first clean sheet since July 27th in D.C. United’s 1-0 win over Montreal on the last day of August.
- Hamid has allowed seven goals in his last five games.
- The clean sheet against Montreal broke a three-game losing streak for Hamid.
- The D.C. keeper has faced 23 shots in his last five games, posting 14 saves over that span.
Players to Watch
Portland is scoring two goals per contest at home against 1.2 goals surrendered on their home pitch.
- The Timbers lead the series against D.C. United with three wins, one loss, and one draw.
- Jeremy Ebobisse and Brian Fernandez scored a goal each in Portland’s 2-1 win over Sporting Kansas City last weekend.
- Fernandez leads the club with six home goals this year for Portland.
D.C. United is even on the road, scoring and allowing 1.1 goals per contest.
- Wayne Rooney leads the team with five road goals in 2019.
- Ola Kamara scored twice and Paul Arriola tacked on another goal in D.C. United’s 3-0 win over Montreal on September 1st.
- D.C. United has been shutout five times on the road this season.
Last Five Games
- Portland has scored seven goals over their last five home games.
- The Timbers are 3-2-0 in their last five matches for nine points over that span.
- Portland’s goal differential over the past five matches is even.
- D.C. United is 2-3-0 in their last five games this season.
- D.C. has posted six points in their last five contests due to their three losses over that span.
- D.C. United has scored two goals or more just twice in their last five contests.
Game Odds – Portland Timbers vs D.C. United
Check out the latest odds for the Portland Timbers vs D.C. United.
|Fox Bet NJ||-175||+333||+450|
|Sportsbook||Over 3.5||Under 3.5|
|Fox bet NJ||+120||-150|